Strange who you meet

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Strange who you meet

The Redeemer wrote:I met Cameron Wood once in a club in Brisbane.

He started having a go at me cause I done stoleded his woman.

He then attempted to urinate on me.

What did I do?

Drop him.
i'm guessing that soiree wasn't as classy as it sounds.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:

What did I do?

Drop him.
If anyone knows the Port Office Hotel...it is where private school kids go (back in my day) to make-out with each other and do 3 dollar jaegar-bombs.

Fantastic times were had.

Now I prefer heroin.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
gringo wrote:

What did I do?

Drop him.
If anyone knows the Port Office Hotel...it is where private school kids go (back in my day) to make-out with each other and do 3 dollar jaegar-bombs.

Fantastic times were had.

Now I prefer heroin.

I can tell.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I may as well trot out my Tony Modra story...

Back in 1992, living in Cairns, I was at the PIer Tavern one Sunday rave in July, for the regular Sunday sesh. Started chatting to this guy at the bar. He said he was up from Adelaide on hols and his brother lived in Cairns and played footy. I asked him if he played footy in Adelaide and he said, yeah, for the Crows! I said yeah, right, what's your name? Tony Modra was the reply. I said, you play for West Adelaide? Yes, but he was in the Crows squad. So, he was injured and having some time away from ADelaide.
So we drank on, chatted about footy. I took him to another bar later, the legendary Playpen, and we had a good night. Never saw him again.

Fast track 12 months and he's the gun full forward of the comp!! I'd be watching him take speckies on tv, and say, hey, it's my mate Mods! He was a cool dude too, liked to have a chat. I reckon he would prolly recall that weekend if I ever ran into him again, lol

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Went to a place called Huntly yesterday to watch a few mates from Ormond who now play at Lockington. Getting a beer and who should be there in the beer line but big Ben. i had had a few by then and had a bit of a chat to Ben. Said the year was disappointing and started poorly woth a loss to Port. Said he had finished at the club this year except for the B&F on Wednesday.

We left the footy at three quarter time because the boys had the game won and I was with a mad Swans supporting family. We decide to drive to Rochester as we were staying in Echuca and watch the footy at a pub in Rochy. Walked in and who should be there but Luke Ball who was with his Old Xavier crocks mates on a bucks turn. Had even more by then and had a chat with Luke. Didnt bring up RL. Hadnt had that much but he was happy to chat about the Saints and his time there. Both nice guys and both games went as we wanted. Good day all round.
Was Ben up there watching Colbinabbin, where his dad played a lot of footy? !!

He said exactly that. Couldnt work out why but that explains it.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:I may as well trot out my Tony Modra story...

Back in 1992, living in Cairns, I was at the PIer Tavern one Sunday rave in July, for the regular Sunday sesh. Started chatting to this guy at the bar. He said he was up from Adelaide on hols and his brother lived in Cairns and played footy. I asked him if he played footy in Adelaide and he said, yeah, for the Crows! I said yeah, right, what's your name? Tony Modra was the reply. I said, you play for West Adelaide? Yes, but he was in the Crows squad. So, he was injured and having some time away from ADelaide.
So we drank on, chatted about footy. I took him to another bar later, the legendary Playpen, and we had a good night. Never saw him again.

Fast track 12 months and he's the gun full forward of the comp!! I'd be watching him take speckies on tv, and say, hey, it's my mate Mods! He was a cool dude too, liked to have a chat. I reckon he would prolly recall that weekend if I ever ran into him again, lol
I enjoyed that story, cheers. Your's aint too bad either pluggs

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
stevie wrote:I may as well trot out my Tony Modra story...

I enjoyed that story, cheers. Your's aint too bad either pluggs

Have you been drinking?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Went to a place called Huntly yesterday to watch a few mates from Ormond who now play at Lockington. Getting a beer and who should be there in the beer line but big Ben. i had had a few by then and had a bit of a chat to Ben. Said the year was disappointing and started poorly woth a loss to Port. Said he had finished at the club this year except for the B&F on Wednesday.

We left the footy at three quarter time because the boys had the game won and I was with a mad Swans supporting family. We decide to drive to Rochester as we were staying in Echuca and watch the footy at a pub in Rochy. Walked in and who should be there but Luke Ball who was with his Old Xavier crocks mates on a bucks turn. Had even more by then and had a chat with Luke. Didnt bring up RL. Hadnt had that much but he was happy to chat about the Saints and his time there. Both nice guys and both games went as we wanted. Good day all round.
Was the pub in Rochy the Criterion? It used to have a "Bull Ring" in the sale yards across the road, behind the Shire Hall where many a dispute was settled !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Was the pub in Rochy the Criterion? It used to have a "Bull Ring" in the sale yards across the road, behind the Shire Hall where many a dispute was settled !!

We were at the Shamrock. I know the pubs in Rochy pretty well. A few cousins live there.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

What did I do?

Drop him.
You did the right thing 'Deemsy.

You had to be a man and make the tough decision.

Not the right thing to keep dating the both of them.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

I'm from Kyabram originally. Know a couple of guys from Rochy, including Brendan Atley, who's son is now playing for North Melbourne. Well, I assume it's his son, don't know for sure, maybe a nephew. Played footy with Ats in Cairns. My brother, Rusty McDonell, is a GVFL legend, held the all time games record once for the seniors. Captained Ky to their last flag in 1996.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stevie wrote:I'm from Kyabram originally. Know a couple of guys from Rochy, including Brendan Atley, who's son is now playing for North Melbourne. Well, I assume it's his son, don't know for sure, maybe a nephew. Played footy with Ats in Cairns. My brother, Rusty McDonell, is a GVFL legend, held the all time games record once for the seniors. Captained Ky to their last flag in 1996.
Any family in/from Northcote/Thornbury Stevie?

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
stevie wrote:I'm from Kyabram originally. Know a couple of guys from Rochy, including Brendan Atley, who's son is now playing for North Melbourne. Well, I assume it's his son, don't know for sure, maybe a nephew. Played footy with Ats in Cairns. My brother, Rusty McDonell, is a GVFL legend, held the all time games record once for the seniors. Captained Ky to their last flag in 1996.
No, Dave. sister in Lilydale, Rusty still lives in Ky.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
stevie wrote:I'm from Kyabram originally... My brother, Rusty McDonell, is a GVFL legend, held the all time games record once for the seniors. Captained Ky to their last flag in 1996.
No, Dave. sister in Lilydale, Rusty still lives in Ky.
That's a lucky escape for you then Stevie... for a moment I was wondering if we had in-laws in common. :wink:

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Lol, Dave!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Lol, Dave!

There could be trouble here stevie. Me being an OLD Rochy boy and you being from Ky. We disliked Ky boys almost as much as we disliked Echuca boys back in the day :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

There could be trouble here stevie. Me being an OLD Rochy boy and you being from Ky. We disliked Ky boys almost as much as we disliked Echuca boys back in the day :wink: !!
That's why I left Ky in 1981, and came up here!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Do you know Allan Crilly. he was captain of Rochy when John Williams played there. He is also my first cousin.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Do you know Allan Crilly. he was captain of Rochy when John Williams played there. He is also my first cousin.
Yes, I know Allan Crilly. Who is your 1st cousin? Crill or Whoppa?

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Is that Barry 'Whoppa ' Williams, plug? Who also played for Ky? He coached me for Ky seconds in 1980. Top bloke

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Is that Barry 'Whoppa ' Williams, plug? Who also played for Ky? He coached me for Ky seconds in 1980. Top bloke
Barry (Whoppa) is John's brother. John came 3rd in the Brownlow in the 60's. Some said Barry was a much better footballer only not as dedicated !!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Anyone know Jimmy 'Franga' Johnson at all?

I just made him up, be he could be real.

I'm starting to feel left out here.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Me too

Anyone know Graeme Gellibrand from up Jerilderee way?

Went to school with Graeme in 63 but was borne in 76..

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Anyone know Jimmy 'Franga' Johnson at all?
Changed his name to Graeme Gellibrand and moved up Jerilderee way I believe. 8-)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Anyone know Jimmy 'Franga' Johnson at all?

I just made him up, be he could be real.

I'm starting to feel left out here.
Franga was a top bloke. Played mainly as a fullback. Didnt let many through and stuck to the full forward like a glove.
He did have some issues later in life I think.