Chris Dawes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Megsie
Club Player

Re: Chris Dawes

Dawes recently re:signed with purse

Megsie
Club Player

Of course I meant pies!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Geez Melbourne dodged a bullet. They offered him a truckload.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

No its a call of a supporter who thinks we must have the most mentally weak players in the AFL. Got the stats on those 2 players and the logically reason why they should not have been picked but were?

The fact Harry O conceded the most goals in the AFL in his AA year is proof enough.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No its a call of a supporter who thinks we must have the most mentally weak players in the AFL. Got the stats on those 2 players and the logically reason why they should not have been picked but were?

The fact Harry O conceded the most goals in the AFL in his AA year is proof enough.

Where are those stats? Please stop it you win.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

We are finally getting rid of Kosi 5 years late and now you suggest Dawes? Staggering...

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
Watts the Buzz
Club Player

Dawes is an absolute dud......we don't want him here

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

His mate could of joined him I reckon.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Who would think such passions would be aroused by Chris Dawes.

Maybe a thread about luring Anthony Grover out of retirement may come close.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Dawes is a average footballer who happens to play for the biggest club in the land , thats the only reason he's got a profile .
He gets plenty of love when he's doing alright but after an average season the ferals are braying for blood . thats the price of playing for the pies !

In red white and black from 73
bennymac5
Club Player

Dawes to St. Kilda? Thank f*ck the club aren't complete idiots. Dawes in a saints jumper is a scary thought...for St. Kilda supporters.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Dawes would probably do well under a good coach

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

We have Archer already, don't we. :roll: :roll:

Saintsational Legend

Our supporters seem to love recruiting GOP's, especially when it looks like we might be offloading a few.

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:You need to stop disagreeing with people just to start an argument. Maxwell doesnt play for Melbouren thats correct but he does play for Collingwood the side with maximum exposure he along with Harry O both got AA in front of a list of players that had far better seasons. Stats prove that as fact.
Correct weight.

I have no doubt at the time Maxwell's position in the side was under enormous pressure that had he NOT been Captain he'd have been Dawsed....

I laugh when people reach for the "oh but what a great leader he is..." which to me always smacks of desperation to justify shortcomings as a player. Maxwell has plenty - No 1 being when he's made accountable, 1 out and not allowed to play that floating backmans role.....he struggles.

Maxwell , like Tom Harley (whose amazingly become a better player since he retired cause he was such a "leader"... :roll: ) benefitted from playing in good sides with a defence that could work as a unit to hide his shortcomings. I can remember LOVING when the Cats would throw Harley on to Riewoldt if Scarlett got injured.......he got smacked 1 out all the time.......he too was lucky to have Scarlett and the rest of a very good defence to hide in.

Pound for pound Tom Simpkin will be a better footballer than Maxwell.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
CURLY wrote:You need to stop disagreeing with people just to start an argument. Maxwell doesnt play for Melbouren thats correct but he does play for Collingwood the side with maximum exposure he along with Harry O both got AA in front of a list of players that had far better seasons. Stats prove that as fact.
Correct weight.

I have no doubt at the time Maxwell's position in the side was under enormous pressure that had he NOT been Captain he'd have been Dawsed....

I laugh when people reach for the "oh but what a great leader he is..." which to me always smacks of desperation to justify shortcomings as a player. Maxwell has plenty - No 1 being when he's made accountable, 1 out and not allowed to play that floating backmans role.....he struggles.

Maxwell , like Tom Harley (whose amazingly become a better player since he retired cause he was such a "leader"... :roll: ) benefitted from playing in good sides with a defence that could work as a unit to hide his shortcomings. I can remember LOVING when the Cats would throw Harley on to Riewoldt if Scarlett got injured.......he got smacked 1 out all the time.......he too was lucky to have Scarlett and the rest of a very good defence to hide in.

Of course Simpkin is and Maxwell was AA because he played for the pies. So easy to argue against logic like that.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Who would think such passions would be aroused by Chris Dawes.

yeah, not bad..what about Jack Anthony? Think he would be a good get.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

and where we would we play Fev then?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

and where we would we play Fev then?
Forward pocket or CHF...don't you know anything...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Sorry forgot Lyon not here any more
we can have more than 2 forwards now!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
andrewg
Club Player

Chris Dawes f****** sucks. It's a no from me

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Correct weight.

Of course Simpkin is and Maxwell was AA because he played for the pies. So easy to argue against logic like that.
Nah Maxwells heaps better as a FOOTBALLER cause of his superb leadership.........theres some logic that's tough to get around.... :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Correct weight.

Nah Maxwells heaps better as a FOOTBALLER cause of his superb leadership.........theres some logic that's tough to get around.... :lol:

I think there is more logic than a 20 gamer being better than an AA and that 20 gamer has been dropped twice this year. And is captaincy isnt part of being a footballer then pity on your knowledge of the game. At least you can use icons. Shows you are very smart.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Chris Dawes f****** sucks. It's a no from me
lamest post of the thread

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

andrewg wrote:Chris Dawes f****** sucks. It's a no from me
Agreed

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.