Round 15 Team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 15 Team

WellardSaint wrote:Milestones:
1. Stephen Milne 250th.
2. Yet another 10 goal+ belting by the Bombers (how many is that now?)
Such a joy to have you on here, talk about loser mentality. Sure we are under dogs, but surely we don't give up 2 days before the game.

Richter
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm of the opinion that Watters is assessing all his options during this season of transition, as we build toward the BIG years (2014/15)
you may be right about assessing his options... but 2014/15 the big years? I love your optimism Jiggster, but by that time Lenny and Milney will be retired, possibly Rooey too, and the likes of Sam Fisher won't be far away. Dal and Joey will be 30 yo veterans... who is going to replace these guys? Youth, I suppose, but it is likely to mean a significant time down the ladder IMO.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Gram is picked again. Don't they replay the last match and discuss it?
He did a toe-poke which gifted a North goal. Perpetual squibber.
I really don't understand it.
he made a mistake, so we drop him?

he played on lindsay thomas and did a pretty good job most of the day, especially compared to the way the rest of the team was going. maybe you "don't understand it" simply because you're wrong?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I know I'm probably joining dots that aren't there, but I reckon Wellard Saints may....and it's only a guess here....not like Jason Gram?

I do apologise Wellard, if I am completely off the mark?

It's just the multiple posts, all having a dig at his softness, almost bordering on obsession kind of comments....it just caused a light bulb moment for me.
Maybe right.

But good see someone fire up on here.

FWIW I'm sick of Gram and his softness and stupidity. Makes Raph look like a rocket scientist.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Gram is picked again. Don't they replay the last match and discuss it?
He did a toe-poke which gifted a North goal. Perpetual squibber.
I really don't understand it.
I have no doubt that the St Kilda coaching panel, appointed after an exhaustive selection process, have reviewed the game thoroughly and have a good idea about what they're doing.

With you, on the other hand, it's just another case of:

"What'chu talkin' 'bout, Wellard?"

shmic_s
Club Player

Richter wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm of the opinion that Watters is assessing all his options during this season of transition, as we build toward the BIG years (2014/15)
you may be right about assessing his options... but 2014/15 the big years? I love your optimism Jiggster, but by that time Lenny and Milney will be retired, possibly Rooey too, and the likes of Sam Fisher won't be far away. Dal and Joey will be 30 yo veterans... who is going to replace these guys? Youth, I suppose, but it is likely to mean a significant time down the ladder IMO.
Yes its an optomistic view. But to say in 2 more seasons that Milera and Saad won't become good small forwards and Steven and Armitage great mids, would be a very pessimistic view.

Add to that if Simpkin continues to improve as a lock down defender, Ferguson comes on as Fisher's partner and understudy, and Siposs and Markworth start kicking 2-3 goals a game. Dal will still be an elite ball user, McEvoy will have greater experience and bulk, and Geary and Gilbert still reliable role players.

We need some KPP's for sure but not unlikely that we will find another player or three in that time.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:
Richter wrote:
Yes its an optomistic view. But to say in 2 more seasons that Milera and Saad won't become good small forwards and Steven and Armitage great mids, would be a very pessimistic view.

Add to that if Simpkin continues to improve as a lock down defender, Ferguson comes on as Fisher's partner and understudy, and Siposs and Markworth start kicking 2-3 goals a game. Dal will still be an elite ball user, McEvoy will have greater experience and bulk, and Geary and Gilbert still reliable role players.

We need some KPP's for sure but not unlikely that we will find another player or three in that time.
you forgot to mention stanley.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SainterK wrote:I know I'm probably joining dots that aren't there, but I reckon Wellard Saints may....and it's only a guess here....not like Jason Gram?

I do apologise Wellard, if I am completely off the mark?

It's just the multiple posts, all having a dig at his softness, almost bordering on obsession kind of comments....it just caused a light bulb moment for me.
Maybe right.

But good see someone fire up on here.

FWIW I'm sick of Gram and his softness and stupidity. Makes Raph look like a rocket scientist.

If he has those problems why does he keep getting picked? It makes no sense ans I would suggesy the people who think that way are wrong is it that his last 3 coaches are wrong. Now who would you suggest knows more?

Team Tommy
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:Milestones:
1. Stephen Milne 250th.
2. Yet another 10 goal+ belting by the Bombers (how many is that now?)
Fool.