sam fisher scan results?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: sam fisher scan results?????

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Hmm and Geary now is not even on the list.

Maybe we were all imagining things with his eye pissing out blood :roll:
So blood means you are out the next week does it?

Watters said he had a fracture but should be right for this week, so if this is the case why would he be on the injury list?

This obsession some of you have for DEMANDING to know our injuries from the club is infantile.

You have no right. Who in hell do you think you lot are?
You're wrong joffa. I pay my membership and I have a right to be informed of what's going on down at Seaford.

Point in question is Cripps' facial hair. What the hell's going on with that? One minute it's gone and the next a small mo starts appearing. And yet nothing from the club; seems they're happy to keep us all in the dark.

Not good enough Saints! Tell us what's going on!

And none of this "Jamie Cripps - moustache - 2 weeks" stuff either!

Just tell us the truth! :evil:

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

View Archive →
Injury list - round nine
AFL 4:55 PM Tue 22 May, 2012

Its last weeks injury update, not this weeks.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Sam Fisher Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Jimmy Webster Shin 2-3 weeks
Ben McEvoy Knee 2-3 weeks
Rhys Stanley Hamstring 4-5 weeks
Jarryn Geary Orbital fracture TBC

None of the above will play this week. But my question is, who's Jimmy Webster?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Sam Fisher Hamstring 1-2 weeks

The kid we picked up at #42 in the Draft.

Please pay attention :)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Who cares about anything other than who is picked on Thursday night?

We go in with who they give us. No amount of speculation about who is or isn't available changes the fact that your have who you have.

Injury watchers are a bit weird I reckon.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
You're wrong joffa. I pay my membership and I have a right to be informed of what's going on down at Seaford.

Point in question is Cripps' facial hair. What the hell's going on with that? One minute it's gone and the next a small mo starts appearing. And yet nothing from the club; seems they're happy to keep us all in the dark.

Not good enough Saints! Tell us what's going on!

And none of this "Jamie Cripps - moustache - 2 weeks" stuff either!

Just tell us the truth! :evil:
Cripps has a head/face of a longterm and heavy smoker and drinker IMO.

Legendary
Club Player

Dr Peter Larkins (who - for all the carry on in the media - is actually one of the best sports medicine doctors in this country) said a few weeks ago that NO player in the AFL would return from a hamstring injury inside 4 weeks.

He said the speed and intensity of the game now, coupled with the reduced interchange, is such that no club will send a player out until they've had at least 4 weeks rest with a hamstring injury. He said a calf is similar, with a minimum of 4 weeks and even up to 6 weeks for the older guys.

That's why I was surprised when they were initially optimistic about Fisher.

It's hard to know the impact losing Misson has had .... Watters is always full of praise for the job that Peter Burge is doing, and he had a lot of experience at Hawthorn.

And soft tissue and other injuries in general have escalated at every club this season - Essendon and West Coast (both top of the ladder) have had their fair share.

paddy
Club Player

Yeah,

I think hammy's are a product of the current game's pace, and reduced interchanges....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Sam Fisher Hamstring 1-2 weeks

wot you say about that joffaboy?

Jarryn's back on the list.

Happy now??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Who cares about anything other than who is picked on Thursday night?

We go in with who they give us. No amount of speculation about who is or isn't available changes the fact that your have who you have.

Yeah - I mean who cares about anything? Why even name a team? What's it got to do with us? Lets just wait and see who runs out each week. Who really cares who is omitted from the team and why? We're just drones who hand the club money to keep it afloat. And don't get me started on OPEN training sessions and FAMILY days pffftt.

I can't believe that Watters wastes 15 minutes of his life addressing us sheep in the form of an e-mail? What's anything got to do with us? Weirdos the lot of us.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

is the afl injury list the latest or the saints? afl says round 10, saints says 1-2 weeks...

i hope the fish is back this week!

#1 Ryder fan
matrix
Saintsational Legend

stop asking questions about injuries!
anyone would think you had a right to know or be curious
all the same cut it out.
:slap:
:!: :!:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Thinline wrote:Who cares about anything other than who is picked on Thursday night?

Yeah - I mean who cares about anything? Why even name a team? What's it got to do with us? Lets just wait and see who runs out each week. Who really cares who is omitted from the team and why? We're just drones who hand the club money to keep it afloat. And don't get me started on OPEN training sessions and FAMILY days pffftt.

I can't believe that Watters wastes 15 minutes of his life addressing us sheep in the form of an e-mail? What's anything got to do with us? Weirdos the lot of us.
Settle little petal.

Quite clearly my point is that those who are injured do little of import on match day. So why sweat on whether the club is willing to say this that and the other about who won't play?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

“Well I reckon the Saints should tell us all exactly what’s going on in
regards to their injuries and general fitness levels.

........Any time in the next 24 hours would be handy :D

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Don't know whay but I have a gut feel he may play this week.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Moods wrote:

Settle little petal.

Quite clearly my point is that those who are injured do little of import on match day. So why sweat on whether the club is willing to say this that and the other about who won't play?
It's about our interest as a supporter. Of course if he doesn't play he has no bearing, but as a supporter group we obviously care what he has done and how long he will be out for. I find it hard to believe that you have little interest in what injury Fisher sustained and how long he will be missing for? You're interested enough in the club that you sub scribe to a supporter forum, buut are not interested in the injuries to the key players at the club???

Not sure if you have ever been involved in local footy Thinline, but imagine on a Thursday night you head down to the local club and the gun CHB appears to have hurt his hamstring. You're having a couple of beers with the Chairman of Selectors and inquire as to how he is coming along - his response 'Nothing you need to worry about, all you need to know is that he won't be playing this week.'

No worries, might find another local footy club to support. - Which is why he will tell you (unless he has never seen your face at the club before that night)

The question is - i) does the club believe that revealing this sort of information may negate some sort of small edge over the opposition re planning?
ii) Are the club too lazy to put out accurate injury reports.
iii) Do the club believe that we aren't important enough to be kept up to date on this sort of thing.

I hope the answer is 1.

Look, I rarely if ever go to open training sessions - think they're pointless. About as interesting as the players doing their warm-up drills before a game. However I respect and appreciate that some supporters love this sort of thing. Same goes for club functions. I never go to Family days etc, never had any interest in meeting the players. However I know that's a big factor in keeping certain supporters happy.

I reckon the club needs to recognise that the melting pot of our supporter group means all sorts of ppl have all sorts of different interests in the team. If they can accomodate as many of them as they can, then we may end up like Hawthorn. A club with a relatively small supporter base that has managed to grow to one of the largest by engaging their members (and winning flags helps) so that ppl want to be a part of the club. I reckon if 90% of other clubs can do it, why can't we?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Moods I'll start caring about injuries on Grand Final eve.

Until then, having watched and played a lot of footy, the fact of the matter is they happen and you can only do your best with your best.

How what you have lines up against what they have is really my only genuine concern. And that happens after 6pm Thurs.

We're different I guess.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

stkildathunda wrote:

View Archive →
Injury list - round nine
AFL 4:55 PM Tue 22 May, 2012

Its last weeks injury update, not this weeks.
Na it's not.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I normally whinge when the club dont tell about injuries but in this case I am confused. The club have told us about Chips. 1-2 weeks. Can someone tell us what the hell we are complaining about?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I think it's the fact that Watters has publicly said Fisher has been a chance to play the last couple of weeks (which he hasn't) and we don't know if he's re-injured himself or not. Not that I care.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I think it's the fact that Watters has publicly said Fisher has been a chance to play the last couple of weeks (which he hasn't) and we don't know if he's re-injured himself or not. Not that I care.

I dont know if the club need to tell us that though. At least we know how long he is out for. I reckon that is all we are entilted to.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm glad I don't know....it means the club is doing the right thing.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I normally whinge when the club dont tell about injuries but in this case I am confused. The club have told us about Chips. 1-2 weeks. Can someone tell us what the hell we are complaining about?
Nice attempt at comedy.

plugger66 wrote:I normally whinge when the club dont tell about injuries but in this case I am confused. The club have told us about Chips. 1-2 weeks. Can someone tell us what the hell we are complaining about?
Too much to ask that they clarify this? 4 weeks ago they said he was a chance to play, then they corrected it to 2-3 weeks. 2-3 weeks later they have said it will be 1-2 more weeks. It's gone from a chance to play the following week to a 5-6 week injury....

A running joke on here was Hamill 2 weeks. In other words, Hamil has hurt his knee and will be 2 weeks from playing - after he missess 14 weeks first.

My point is why can't the club inform us as to what has happened to Chips. You say we're not entitled to know. Really are we entitled to know anything? If he had a shoulder injury or rib injury I could understand the club being protective of revealing too much info. What's the secrecy surrounding a hamstring injury? The one thing I really like about James Hird is that he doesn't bulls..t about injuries, just gets it out there and moves on.

I know it's a little thing but it bugs me all the ducks and drakes.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6375579324

Here we go! Apologies to the club. Was exactly what I was looking for. :D