Round 9 Team v Swans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 9 Team v Swans

People DO NOT worry about who is named where. It doesnt matter.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Munga wrote:I'm not saying Simpkin can't play forward, but he's been our best defender all year. Could be interesting, or utter BS

He is our FB and will play there. I dont think he has ever played forward.
Well at least not for the Saints or Zebs :)

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/art ... ports.html

"...Simpkin performed solidly at full-back for Vic Country at the AFL under-18 national championships and was named in a back pocket in the TAC Cup team of the season, but was versatile enough to play on a wing and at half-forward for the Falcons at times during 2008.

"In a lot of those games (playing up-field) he kicked three goals, so he's able to play both ends," Turner said...."

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Munga wrote:I'm not saying Simpkin can't play forward, but he's been our best defender all year. Could be interesting, or utter BS

He is our FB and will play there. I dont think he has ever played forward.
Well at least not for the Saints or Zebs :)

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/art ... ports.html

"...Simpkin performed solidly at full-back for Vic Country at the AFL under-18 national championships and was named in a back pocket in the TAC Cup team of the season, but was versatile enough to play on a wing and at half-forward for the Falcons at times during 2008.

"In a lot of those games (playing up-field) he kicked three goals, so he's able to play both ends," Turner said...."

Sorry that is what I meant. I had no idea where he played as a junior but maybe I should have.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:...and still no Ledger, even as emergency...
Not only did he kick the coach's cat, it seems he also kicked the coach! Seems he'll be traded without a full game played. Meanwhile, we play duds (who must stroke the coach's cat). Next.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Coach has favourites huh.

Sounds....somehow.....familiar....

:)

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Calais wrote:Schneider late change for Cripps?
Beat me to it Calais... that's what I was wondering when I looked at that side.(Cuddles has to have at least one late 'surprise' each week...)

Great minds think alike... or at least I'm trying to imitate yours...? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Is this the shortest/smallest Saints side ever?
it's a pretty short side, average height 186.4cm. we were shorter round 6 last year though at 186.0cm:

McEvoy, Dawson, Gilbert, Riewoldt, Fisher, Dempster, Johnson, Blake, Goddard, Gwilt, Gram, Dal Santo, Smith, Jones, Armitage, Cripps, Steven, Baker, McQualter, Montagna, Milne, Schneider

stanley dropped, kosi out injured - johnson in his place - no hayes or ray, cripps's first game, smith's second, siposs emergency.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:People DO NOT worry about who is named where. It doesnt matter.

no way?!!
really?

Megamaguire
Club Player

Dr.Spaceman
found the comment that perhaps gives some credance to Watters positioning of Simps in the team, "...Simpkin performed solidly at full-back for Vic Country at the AFL under-18 national championships and was named in a back pocket in the TAC Cup team of the season, but was versatile enough to play on a wing and at half-forward for the Falcons at times during 2008.
For me the big bit of good new to replace the rotten luck of young Stanley is the return of Jimmy G.
rapt to just have him back and able to continue again.
Perhaps with Jimmy back Watters reckons our defence will be much more efficient and he wouldn't mind seeing Simps have some kind of spell up forward - As A 3rd. tall !!!- If Blakey can survive in the ruck (and he's certainly capable of successfully delivering the team plan once again) it frees up Kosi and then our Fwd. line has a menacing look about it never mind 'Versatile'. I have greatly enjoyed the work of Simps in the backline this year (altho saw nothing of WC game last week) and don't want to see him away from defence but... can he also kick goals ??? If so interesting !
I'm also relieved young Crippa is even able to be picked in the team after his injury last week. Hope he just continues and keeps finding ways to contribute on game day. I heard Crippa interviewed on the radio (SEN) and he came across well - it was great to hear his heart felt commitment to the membership drive.

Sydney are a real genuine test and will no doubt play finals.
Just heard (on radio) that this game at the Dome is regarded as match of the round.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:Sebastian Ross deserves his chance. i dont think Ledger has done enough/
He's done twice as much as Bastie.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell