Thought this was sorted?!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Re: Thought this was sorted?!!

Maybe the cap issue has been leaked by the club, to be reflected on as reasoning when we look to move BJ on at the end of the year...

I have a feeling that despite BJ apparently wanting to stay a Saint, the club will look to cash in on his value while its near its max...

lefty
Club Player

Gram would be the one to take a cut imo
**** it, they can all take a pay cut if your over 300k.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SainterK wrote:A little grab from Sports Lies First....

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... fremantle/

Young St Kilda big man Ben McEvoy, talented Essendon big all-rounder Paddy Ryder, Melbourne 2010 All-Australian Mark Jamar and Carlton ruck force Robbie Warnock are all still in new contract discussions with their respective clubs.

St Kilda veteran Justin Koschitzke is another big man with potential to be on the open market after this season under the league’s new free agent system.

It is understood a number of AFL clubs are scouring behind the scenes for potential new ruckmen for this year’s historic month-long trade period in October.
What are they on about :shock:

http://www.saints.com.au/tabid/5315/def ... sid=132942

"The Saints have secured Sam Fisher for a further two (2) years to the end of 2014, and Ben McEvoy for a further three (3) years to the end of 2015."

Well it is SportsLiesFirst we are talking about here, and what more its our mate Kimmy!!

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

SaintJohn1956 wrote:THE Hun loves horror stories about the Saints. Even Caroline Wilson on Monday night's Footy Classified had a go at them about the false reporting over Milne etc.

It was a great "Caro's Arrow" having a full on crack at the Hun which we all know is thoroughly deserved

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Maybe the cap issue has been leaked by the club, to be reflected on as reasoning when we look to move BJ on at the end of the year...

I have a feeling that despite BJ apparently wanting to stay a Saint, the club will look to cash in on his value while its near its max...

Thats the info i have. Goddard wants to re-sign however he hasnt been offered a new contract.

On Gram, he signed a 4 yr contract at the end of 2009 meaning his current contract is still running until the end of next yr....so no paycut.

andrewg
Club Player

He doesn't need a paycut he must be traded

Megsie
Club Player

same problem for every club.
Why are we always highlighted you "scum" newspaper.

andrewg
Club Player

Nope Goddard has a contract offer from the GWS and St.kilda. He is currently undecided.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
SaintJohn1956 wrote:THE Hun loves horror stories about the Saints. Even Caroline Wilson on Monday night's Footy Classified had a go at them about the false reporting over Milne etc.

It was a great "Caro's Arrow" having a full on crack at the Hun which we all know is thoroughly deserved
Tim Watson also had a go the next morning..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Maybe the cap issue has been leaked by the club, to be reflected on as reasoning when we look to move BJ on at the end of the year...

Thats the info i have. Goddard wants to re-sign however he hasnt been offered a new contract.

On Gram, he signed a 4 yr contract at the end of 2009 meaning his current contract is still running until the end of next yr....so no paycut.
I would assume that BJ not being offered a new contract is probably to do with still figuring out who they want on the list and what potential who has in order to get more money/less money and in Dean Polo's case no money.

It is only the week of round 7. If there is an issue come round 17 then I would think we could be saying goodbye to BJ

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Nope Goddard has a contract offer from the GWS and St.kilda. He is currently undecided.

Youe due. Your batting 0 for many at the moment.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
andrewg wrote:Nope Goddard has a contract offer from the GWS and St.kilda. He is currently undecided.

Youe due. Your batting 0 for many at the moment.
Goddard would surely go to a club that he believes can win a flag however?

I fail to see how the Giants can win a flag within 5 years considering some of the players will develop, some won't and there will probably be some leaving due to salary cap etc.

He seems like a leader too and how would he fit into the leadership group at GWS. Would he become the 4th captain watching over the creche?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SEN announced the story then had some twat going on about how we would loose all our players and then jokingly said we signed Polo and Wilkes to massive long term contracts like we were some idiots incapable of managing our affairs. Probably that Kingy tool. I hope we teach some respect to this pack of autofalating knob ends soon come on Saints I just want a nice 25 point win over Carlton nothing much.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:SEN announced the story then had some twat going on about how we would loose all our players and then jokingly said we signed Polo and Wilkes to massive long term contracts like we were some idiots incapable of managing our affairs. Probably that Kingy tool. I hope we teach some respect to this pack of autofalating knob ends soon come on Saints I just want a nice 25 point win over Carlton nothing much.

I heard it. You know what i called it? A joke.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

If we need to offload then it needs to be the big boys,in height.

Load up on as many midfield kids as you can get,then fill the gaps later on. It's all about midfield depth

If we lost BJ over it it would be comical,when in this era he is the exact footballer you want,not one to be given away so we can keep tall timber.

Bring back the Lockett era
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

jonesy wrote:If we need to offload then it needs to be the big boys,in height.

Load up on as many midfield kids as you can get,then fill the gaps later on. It's all about midfield depth

If we lost BJ over it it would be comical,when in this era he is the exact footballer you want,not one to be given away so we can keep tall timber.
Agree, must keep bj

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:

This doesnt sound good.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:

Tim Watson also had a go the next morning..

Didnt know this!

Any chance of a run down of what both Tim and Caroline said?

rexy
SS Life Member

Cant see how anyone thinks we should trade or devalue BJ, top 5 players in the league IMO.

Maybe this year?
SaintJohn1956
Club Player

Can't remember exactly word for word what Caro said but something like.

"I thought what happened all those years ago wasn't good and I was very critical of the St,Kilda hierarchy etc etc, but this headline was completely untruthful it wasn't about Milne it was about an investigation by the OPI into police. come on Herald Sun time to let this go" something like that. I don't know what Tim Watson said didn't hear that one.

Saint John
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

A lot of wild ideas being touted here. I do agree that there will probably be a large number of delistings/retirements/traded out moves this year, as besides wanted to get hands on some of the good young players that will be in this years draft, we also need to have space to promote a number of our rookies.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

This doesnt sound good.
I don't know the reason why St Kilda hasn't offered him a contract. Maybe they are waiting until the end of the season to crunch some numbers and see who they keep or cut....But then they signed Fisher and McEvoy recently.

The good news is Goddard is keen to re-sign however he's unsure what the offer will be (if any). Just for clarity this info is from a mutual friend who is a current player.

Richter
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:I don't know the reason why St Kilda hasn't offered him a contract. Maybe they are waiting until the end of the season to crunch some numbers and see who they keep or cut....But then they signed Fisher and McEvoy recently.

The good news is Goddard is keen to re-sign however he's unsure what the offer will be (if any). Just for clarity this info is from a mutual friend who is a current player.
If true (not doubting you specifically OM but rather the 'chinese whispers' that sometimes comes in to play here!) then that is indeed great news (that he wishes to stay).

I would bloody well hope that the club pulls its finger out and gets him to put pen to paper on a mutually beneficial deal asap. Surely a three year back-ended deal would be ideal that would see him become our elite/marquee player in years 2 and 3 (taking over from Rooey when his current contract ends at the end of 2013 - Rooey then to be re-signed on a 1 year rolling contract). Strong possibility also that BJ would be made captain at the end of this year too.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I don't know the reason why St Kilda hasn't offered him a contract. Maybe they are waiting until the end of the season to crunch some numbers and see who they keep or cut....But then they signed Fisher and McEvoy recently.

If true (not doubting you specifically OM but rather the 'chinese whispers' that sometimes comes in to play here!) then that is indeed great news (that he wishes to stay).

I would bloody well hope that the club pulls its finger out and gets him to put pen to paper on a mutually beneficial deal asap. Surely a three year back-ended deal would be ideal that would see him become our elite/marquee player in years 2 and 3 (taking over from Rooey when his current contract ends at the end of 2013 - Rooey then to be re-signed on a 1 year rolling contract). Strong possibility also that BJ would be made captain at the end of this year too.
I certainly want to keep BJ as long as we don't sign him onto another Hammil or Roo type contract. I reckon Pelchen will be shying away from individual bumper contracts and trying to have a more even spread. And that's the way to go IMO.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:back-ended deal
This is what has got us into this Cap mess in the first place...

A back-ended deal now may cost us an even more valuable player in 2/3 years time...