Nick Dal Santo - it's time to stand up!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Nick Dal Santo - it's time to stand up!

I am sitting in awe infront of my (non Apple) computer screen. Watchin' a master at work. Perfectionist, you are conducting our Saintsational orchestra like a true maestro! You have them eating outta' your hands. Let your Dal luvin' continue to flow... :)

PS: You must also be one hellova' fisherman! :wink:

PPS: Even Plugger and 'Mart in accord (you'll probably have them doing one of those old Tetley's Tea adverts together soon)... The UN has been trying to achieve that for years... I am not worthy...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Sometimes, it's interesting to listen to the views and opinions of supporters of opposing clubs. On Nick, almost universally, they say he is a champ. You have to wonder about that. Do they mean he is a very good player who dominates games, or a very good player who never really hurts a team when it really counts? Personally, I have regarded him as a highly skilled player who, surprisingly, lacks a lot of confidence. So many times over the years he has dished off to a player in a worse position rather than taking a shot for himself. Is this unbridled selflessness or a weakness of personal confidence?

Whatever, a cold look at the GFs of 2009-10 show that he contributed nothing when the heat was on. In many H&A games, he has come to the fore after a hard tag in the first three quarters. No such comeback in the 2009-10 GFs. Then again, he was playing against the best in those games. But if you want to be the best, then you have to beat the best when it counts.

It is instructive to consider that, of all the players who have played since he began in 2002, he has missed the least amount of games, on average, than any other player. He was injured in the preseason of 2003, and missed the first 14 games, other than that, he has never missed more than one game at a time through injury. Tossing his body in when legs and arms are flying, has not been his style, and it has served him well over the years. The question is, does it serve the Saints well?

My message to Nick is this. We can't afford onlookers - even skillful ones. Step up.

Lol.

Especially this: they say he is a champ. You have to wonder about that. Do they mean he is a very good player who dominates games, or a very good player who never really hurts a team when it really counts?

Yep, calling someone a champ actually means they are a good player that doesnt hurt.

Logic central is this post.

Austinnn
Club Player

The clue is in the username.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

this thread is a joke

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Maybe next week, along with Leigh.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:Dal Santo has come from being an overrated player to one of the most underrated players in the league. Can't believe how little recognition this bloke gets.
Good call.

Poor game tonight, but Lyon knew what he was doing

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why did he cop the TAG???

Must be his record yeah???

And I think he has stood up, remember when we lost our #1 Ball Wnner in 2011 and Nick stepped up, and should have won the B&F and was AA???

He got what Dempster does to others regularly..... Shut down

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

From afl.com.au

ST KILDA coach Scott Watters has challenged Nick Dal Santo to overcome attention from taggers after the star midfielder's poor game against Hawthorn.

Hawk midfielder Jordan Lewis curbed Dal Santo to the extent that the Saint had only 10 disposals and just two handball receives.

Watters saved his strongest words during his post-match press conference for the issue of Dal Santo's performance.

He said the 28-year-old needed to work harder to shrug off taggers or he risked becoming an "easy target" for opposition teams that want to limit his output.

"Good players need to take that challenge head-on," Watters said.

"Yes, you need support from your teammates. Yes, you can play different roles.

"But ultimately that's got to light a fire inside Nick."

A fortnight ago, Fremantle's Ryan Crowley restricted Dal Santo to 18 disposals during the victory over the Saints.

Dal Santo bounced back during the victory over Melbourne by picking up 29 disposals, which was St Kilda's highest tally on the night.

But his effort against Lewis, coming so soon his performance against Crowley, raises a question about his ability to fight the hard tag.

"He needs to work through that," Watters said.

"He's a proud individual. He'll be disappointed in the result tonight. He'll address it during the week.

"He's a pretty proud performer."