Ladder 2012

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ladder 2012

Richter wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Richter wrote:Sure, but who our likely competition for the 4th spot in the top 4?

WCE and Carlton are flying, the Hawks are going ok but the Cats are 1 down already as are the Pies.
Btw all have siginificantly tougher draws than us too.
Cats and Pies are two down Richter...
Sure, but they have both had tougher starts to the season than us and would probably have expected to be 2-1 and so both are a game down on that (does that make sense?)
Ah OK I see, you mean the losses where they would of pencilled in wins.

Got ya.

Truly believe everyone will have strange wins and losses this year, can't afford to have a flat day.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Re: Ladder 2012

When the draw initially came out, I had us 5-0 to start. After watching a few pre-season games I thought one of the Bulldogs or Freo would trouble us and we might drop one or both of those games, not to mention Port at home was always going to be tough, regardless where they finished last year. so I thought 4-1 would be our start. Still a chance to make that happen.... But I also pencilled in losses to Hawthorn, Carlton WEst Coast and Sydney - we could win one or two of those to make up for the Port loss and we'd actually be ahead of where I thought we'd be by half way. 6-5 was my intitial thought, now we may be good enough to make it 8-3 or 7-4.

Early days yet though. Let's just ebat Freo next week and see how we go, eh?