The Jumper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Jumper

Armoooo wrote:Honestly can't believe some people still claim that Collingwood don't have a clash jumper, without a doubt the silliest mistruth you will ever hear about footy and it is thrown around so often.
Agreed....Although, if they had stuck with their "traditional" black on white jumper then we would never clash with them.
The only team that refuses to have a genuine clach strip is Essendon!
That's where everyone's anger should be directed!

ThePunter
Club Player

Firstly, Collingwood have three jumpers, of which two are clash jumpers. So to suggest they aren't coming to the party is incorrect. There is only one recalcitrant team in the AFL regarding clash jumpers: Essendon.

Secondly, the game has changed so much, with such an emphasis on maintaining and protecting possession, that it is really important that players can tell each other apart. The speed of the game also makes this more difficult than in the past.

Fifty years ago, you got it and kicked it. You knew who your opponent was because it was the bloke standing next to you. Not so much any more.

BTW, I think we should have kept our 2009-2010 clash jumper.

thoughtcrimes

I think the jumper looks fine, although admittedly I preferred the preceding iteration. A variation on the classic tricolor with a little extra white thrown in for the purposes of conforming to regulation is ideal, I'm just not sure a crucifix design is the best way to achieve that.

I'm worst at what I do best
For this gift I feel blessed