VFL report

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: VFL report

Would it surprise people to know ray got well over 20 touches....

Beau Wilkes dropping sitters??? If you can call contested marks with a FB one on one and getting hands on it a sitter, yes a few did not stick under pressure.....that's called contesting and bringing it to ground, he looked like he was gonna mark everything.....he took 5 contested marks in total, if that happened in the afl we'd be tossing our tackles....

Armitage ..... Double figure tackles and clearances....yes I would rate his game...just for a bonus, he interchanged 3 players from Box Hill.....which weren't planned rotations, that's for sure... He hits harder than I've seen for a long time

Did you know the role Polo had BS.......he was pointed out by the coach for keeping the backline structure solid

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Fancy someone else having a different opinion to another at a footy game. Thats why in every game everyone votes the same.

elizabethr
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote: Armo was about a 5 and I don't know what his problem is. This is his big opportunity and he doesn't seem to want to take it.

Seems the coach was a big fan of armos game as well. So Ill go with Big Marts reviews. Unless Simon Mcphee also has "no idea".
we all know who has ''no idea''and it aint Neil Young! :wink:

nothing to say
zebraman
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Did Will Johnson play foer them? Anyone notice?
He's still injured...came into the scoreboard for a chat while I was chastising an umpire...he's hoping to play this week in a game with Box Hill against the AIS at the MCG

" The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle "
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
He's still injured...came into the scoreboard for a chat while I was chastising an umpire...he's hoping to play this week in a game with Box Hill against the AIS at the MCG
Thanks mate.
What did you call the umpy ?
:D

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Pot kettle black plugger.....

You refute anyone's opinion which is not yours......did you catch the game, do you have an opinion.....or are you just doing what you do best

Sticking your nose in and instigating...... Woody Wood Pecker

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
zebraman wrote:
Thanks mate.

and how did you have time for scores given the amount of chastising they needed yesterday- some decisions where ??????.
atleast this week I was sitting with similiar minded persons- mainly parents of young players I think - heard a few Go Jorden- when Staley took same marks to save form scores.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

great to hear about milera we have been screaming out for a speedster... how many possies do u think he had before he got that knock?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

15ish

Couple of hangers, half a dozen bounces, two goals........first qtr alone he would have got 80 dt points I reckon...even though I have no idea about dt I know he was on fire

zebraman
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
zebraman wrote:
Thanks mate.
My usual call for umpires....BE CONSISTENT...free kick gets paid at one end...same type of play at the other...and you get a different interpretation....

" The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle "
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:

Thanks mate.
What did you call the umpy ?My usual call for umpires....BE CONSISTENT...free kick gets paid at one end...same type of play at the other...and you get a different interpretation....

my pet scream also

“Yeah….nah””
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Would it surprise people to know ray got well over 20 touches....

Beau Wilkes dropping sitters??? If you can call contested marks with a FB one on one and getting hands on it a sitter, yes a few did not stick under pressure.....that's called contesting and bringing it to ground, he looked like he was gonna mark everything.....he took 5 contested marks in total, if that happened in the afl we'd be tossing our tackles....

Armitage ..... Double figure tackles and clearances....yes I would rate his game...just for a bonus, he interchanged 3 players from Box Hill.....which weren't planned rotations, that's for sure... He hits harder than I've seen for a long time

Did you know the role Polo had BS.......he was pointed out by the coach for keeping the backline structure solid
did you see the ump warn Armo after he laid a hard one on a bloke at the boundary? he says back 'it was a fair hit mate'

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Can't tell you how good it is a) to hear such good reportage b) to have our magoos playing (seemingly) with some purpose and structure c) to have guys apparently competing for places d) to be hearing of youngsters and rookies with a bit of pep.

Good stuff.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Can't tell you how good it is a) to hear such good reportage b) to have our magoos playing (seemingly) with some purpose and structure c) to have guys apparently competing for places d) to be hearing of youngsters and rookies with a bit of pep.

Good stuff.
Yep a lot of good talk about the new Draftees which is great.

But it also seems, at this early stage, like we might have jagged some Rookies with potential which makes it doubly exciting. Dunnell, Shenton, Minchington & Staley all seem to be showing a bit along with the "established" Rookies in Archer, Ferguson, Curren & Andreoli.

Very pleasing indeed. :)