David King says we're stuffed...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: David King says we're stuffed...

MCG-Unit wrote:King is a massive try-hard, and like most of the so-called special comments men, nearly always negative.

I never listen to him and others unless it's a televised match and they're doing comments from the boundary line, or in the box.....
King is in the media because no one will take him as a coach.

In the media he makes people bristle. That makes people a) watch b) tweet c) talk about him in forum posts.

That's all there is to it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't it David King who once attacked a guy who was working at a falafel kitchen?

If so, we can refer to him as the Dennis Banks of the media :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Wasn't it David King who once attacked a guy who was working at a falafel kitchen?

If so, we can refer to him as the Dennis Banks of the media :lol:
No, I was a customer and I was eating a chicken kebab at the time..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Yes, the same "expert" David King who last year predicted that Geelong was "gone" and that we would win the flag. Marvellous! How does he do it?!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cant stand people in the media with opinions that dont suit us and especially ones who get it wrong.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I forgot to mention that other legendary judge of footballing flesh, Dim Watson. The man who nominated James Begley as the "Next James Hird", and who saw the potential in Damian Monkhorst, Tony Francis, Fred Campbell, Sean Charles, Mark Gale, Tony Delaney, Justin Plapp et.al. At least Dim ensured we would be right for early draft picks for a couple of years after his departure.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I forgot to mention that other legendary judge of footballing flesh, Dim Watson. The man who nominated James Begley as the "Next James Hird", and who saw the potential in Damian Monkhorst, Tony Francis, Fred Campbell, Sean Charles, Mark Gale, Tony Delaney, Justin Plapp et.al. At least Dim ensured we would be right for early draft picks for a couple of years after his departure.

Is that the coach that our club picked to coach us or didnt we have a say in it.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote:If our backline is stuffed, why is it stuffed?
To paraphrase Spinner - it's because Pelchen decided that keeping all of Polo, Peake and Ray was more important than ditching one of those to pay market value for Dawson.

Gwilt missed the last 8 games of 2011.
Yet no-one said our backline was stuffed.
The only difference between then and now is Dawson.

King's perennial intellectual dishonesty makes my skin crawl.
I agree with you re King.

But I also reckon, if one assumes that Watters does not coach like Lyon, then guys who worked well as a team defence will be more exposed one on one. Thats not to say that won't improve or stand up, but based on what I watched in the NAB, there's some clear potential deficiencies. Hope I'm horribly mistaken.
I take your point that if Watters does not coach like Lyon then our weaknesses may be exposed rather than accommodated.
If so, then it is up to the coach to remedy the problem by inventing a game plan more suited to the strengths and weaknesses of our list.

List-wise, we can at least say that with Lenny, Ledger, Crippa & Sipa back and the advent of Ross and Saad we are (save for Dawson) in a better position this year than we were last.
Whether or not this translates into improved performance will have a great deal to do with the coaches and the game plan we adopt - as our draw is relatively easy.
By sheer weight of numbers (and we now have 10 full-time coaches - far more than many) I reckon they ought to be able between them to work out what needs to be done.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

As long as I see the development of some of the kids this year and we look like we are improving as the year goes on I will be happy. The problem is that after our first 5 games, its gets alot tougher....will be an interesting year!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ah, the devils advocate at his best.....and his time backing people in the industry that for giving opinions that forumites are not allowed....

King was obviously wrong, because the club always make the right call wrt drafting, development and selection processes because they have more information....

Some idiots suggesting the drafting and development from 2006-2009 was disgraceful and will come back to haunt us.

BTW - Tim Watson 300+ afl games.....probably not clueless about footy

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ah, the devils advocate at his best.....and his time backing people in the industry that for giving opinions that forumites are not allowed....

King was obviously wrong, because the club always make the right call wrt drafting, development and selection processes because they have more information....

Some idiots suggesting the drafting and development from 2006-2009 was disgraceful and will come back to haunt us.

BTW - Tim Watson 300+ afl games.....probably not clueless about footy

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Cant stand people in the media with opinions that dont suit us and especially ones who get it wrong.
King ain't no opinion maker. He's a discussion starter.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I forgot to mention that other legendary judge of footballing flesh, Dim Watson. The man who nominated James Begley as the "Next James Hird", and who saw the potential in Damian Monkhorst, Tony Francis, Fred Campbell, Sean Charles, Mark Gale, Tony Delaney, Justin Plapp et.al. At least Dim ensured we would be right for early draft picks for a couple of years after his departure.

Is that the coach that our club picked to coach us or didnt we have a say in it.
That's a nonsensical reply, even by your pathetic standards. I was commenting on his prowess as a judge of footballing flesh, which directly impacted his ability to coach. Yes, Andrew Plympton chose him, but it must go down as one of the greatest "howlers" in the history of a club that is renowned for them. Now your point was? Or is it the usual? You just write any old sh*t in a vain attempt to offend. Slow day at the Twilight Years Maximum Security Home for the Aged, P666?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

That's a nonsensical reply, even by your pathetic standards. I was commenting on his prowess as a judge of footballing flesh, which directly impacted his ability to coach. Yes, Andrew Plympton chose him, but it must go down as one of the greatest "howlers" in the history of a club that is renowned for them. Now your point was? Or is it the usual? You just write any old sh*t in a vain attempt to offend. Slow day at the Twilight Years Maximum Security Home for the Aged, P666?

No I just dont see any point in your post at all. You sound like a very angry person. Anyway have a nice night.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Condescending or patronizing?

Not sure? Could be both......well, one at least...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Well you should know. You are the expert. Any your knowledge of Jimmy Gwilt is amazing. Did you teach him?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Any your knowledge??

No comment on Jimmy....benn down that path.....

I will say however , jims mum is a nice person

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

some on here seem a bit upset because a media commentator (regardless of who he played with ) said something negative about a section of our side.....diddums......

After watching our backline at Visy I can't help but agree with atm. We'll see soon enough if he was on the money...in the meantime cop it sweet and toughen TFU.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Plymo told me personally that: "Timmy lost his way". Then he said that about Stan as well and didn't like GT much even though: "I brought him to the club"...and "it was all about him"...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Agreed fireman, we will know round 4 whether we are ok......as I posted I have concerns, they will either be confirmed or denied after a few real games

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:King is a massive try-hard, and like most of the so-called special comments men, nearly always negative.

I never listen to him and others unless it's a televised match and they're doing comments from the boundary line, or in the box.....
King is in the media because no one will take him as a coach.

In the media he makes people bristle. That makes people a) watch b) tweet c) talk about him in forum posts.

That's all there is to it.
Yes, he's not even a part-time assistant coach anywhere.

To those saying King is being slammed here because he is critical of the Saints - I think you will find many folks don't like his 'special comments' in general. And most of the other so called 'special comments men' - because they are nearly always negative about all sides.
Listen in sometimes, you'll find they would rather tell us why side A is losing than why side B is winning. Not just King, McClure, Alves, Shaw, Johnson etc..... Off course everything is easier from the vantage point of a commentary box.

There is a difference between the try-hards and the good footy commentators
I couldn't give a shyster if someone is critical of the Saints - I have been as well..... :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Wed 21 Mar 2012 8:42pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stand your ground :shock:
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The fact of the matter is that the general feel is we are expecting the worse this year and hoping for the best. I'm expecting a bottom 4 finish and hoping for a finals berth.

StevieSaint
Club Player

Kings a moron, dismissed and dissed Geelong all year long...few Cat fans I know loved watching the 2011 GF DVD with 3aw commentary to hear him eat his words...moron

GO SAINTS GO
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Why do people hate experts that criticise or dont think we will go well? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Why do people hate experts that criticise or dont think we will go well? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Only experts? ;)