R.I.P Jim Stynes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: R.I.P Jim Stynes

saintspremiers wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:So what happend?

How did he die?

It's been kept very quiet.

Normally it's heart attack or maybe stroke in long suffering cancer patients.

Or maybe he had had enough and took it upon himself.....couldn't blame him if that was the case.
I always thought at the end of Cancer the body just starts to shut down and the heart slowly stops beating.
Yes that does happen but it's been a bit quiet as to what happend that's all.
Does it really matter "what happened"? Do you have to see a conspiracy in everything and say something controversial.. Stop being nosy and pay quiet respect eh??

Sorry everyone else for my abrupt intrusion

RIP Jim..a man that rose to heights that very few can or will match..and has a family that share his bravery and courage.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I hope he is remembered as a man who essentially used his image generated from becoming a football player to assist hundreds of teeangers going through a rough patch.

To me that defined the man and he will be missed greatly.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

How did he die?

Or maybe he had had enough and took it upon himself.....couldn't blame him if that was the case.
Nothing happened- have you not considered the family and the press had come to an agreement to keep the matter private and not publish anything in the papers out of respect for the man and his family?

Nothing was in the press until Mike Sheehan put Andrew Demetriou on the spot last night at the end of the interview on "On the Couch" and the look Gerard Healey shot at Mike Sheehan said it all.

So move on, Jim has gone and it is a sad time for his wife, his children and his parents and siblings and that's all we (as in the greater AFL community) need to know .

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think of this song when I think of Jim :(

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Always remember Jimmy before the 97 Grand Final being driven around in the cavalcade wearing a St Kilda scarf. Bittersweet memory.
Can't believe that Jim and Sean Wight have both already passed away.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:Always remember Jimmy before the 97 Grand Final being driven around in the cavalcade wearing a St Kilda scarf. Bittersweet memory.
Can't believe that Jim and Sean Wight have both already passed away.
I remember that too on Grand Final day 1997!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Jim was the real deal - both on and off the field.

I guess he showed he had a soft spot for us when we made those GF's. Cheers, Jim!

Hopefully your Dees can respond with a good season in your memory.

R.I.P.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

A champion person was Jim - RIP.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:

How did he die?

Nothing happened- have you not considered the family and the press had come to an agreement to keep the matter private and not publish anything in the papers out of respect for the man and his family?

Nothing was in the press until Mike Sheehan put Andrew Demetriou on the spot last night at the end of the interview on "On the Couch" and the look Gerard Healey shot at Mike Sheehan said it all.

So move on, Jim has gone and it is a sad time for his wife, his children and his parents and siblings and that's all we (as in the greater AFL community) need to know .
Ok thanks that makes sense. I haven't seen On The Couch last night.

It's not a friggin conspiracy theory.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Superstar of the MFC, the AFL and life in general. RIP Jimmy you star. True gentleman.

Saintsational Legend

What a wonderful human being. I will miss him.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
battye
Saintsational Legend

RIP Jim Stynes :cry:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Is anyone else close to being offended that melbourne had a 20 year old and a 22 year old involved in the presser at the MCG?

Here we have a man that has achieved more off the field than those children ever will and all we get from their uneducated bogan mouths is umm yeh sad day umm nah playing to win now ummm nah yeh.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:Is anyone else close to being offended that melbourne had a 20 year old and a 22 year old involved in the presser at the MCG?

Here we have a man that has achieved more off the field than those children ever will and all we get from their uneducated bogan mouths is umm yeh sad day umm nah playing to win now ummm nah yeh.
Not offended at all. They are the Captains of the club and I didn't find them to be bogans either.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

It's not often that the passing of someone who is not related to me or a close friend makes me emotional, but I did shed a small tear for Jim Stynes yesterday.
He is one of those characters who trancends supporter loyalty. He was a champion footballer, but more importantly a champion human being who showed the the true meaning of humanity.
He will be sadly missed, but his legacy will be celebrated long into the future.
I can't help but think of the sad irony that he holds an AFL record of the most games consecutively played, one that I doubt I will see broken, yet he died so young.
To his family, friends, Melbourne Football Club and all who knew him, my most sincere condolences. R.I.P. Jim you are one Demon that heaven will openly welcome.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Was on a bush camp in the middle of the Victorian wilderness last night and when I heard the news I looked up and there was one particular star shining brighter than the rest.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:Is anyone else close to being offended that melbourne had a 20 year old and a 22 year old involved in the presser at the MCG?

Not offended at all. They are the Captains of the club and I didn't find them to be bogans either.
I see Redeemers point.

They are Mickey Mouse captains. Haven't earnt respect. Their words don't mean as much as Stynes teammates.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

I see Redeemers point.

They are Mickey Mouse captains. Haven't earnt respect. Their words don't mean as much as Stynes teammates.

They are the clubs captains. They mean as much as any other Captain. I am getting close to bashing my Grandma. When are you next going to the footy?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

I see Redeemers point.

They are the clubs captains. They mean as much as any other Captain. I am getting close to bashing my Grandma. When are you next going to the footy?
Can i come for a beer before the match?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

I see Redeemers point.

Can i come for a beer before the match?[/quote]

Only if you need to bash someone afterwards.

luc1966
Club Player

so sorry to hear condolences to the Family

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Yeah whatever Tugger.

So you think a couple of early 20's kids are comparable to Rooey?

FFS get a grip!

What about the 17 yr old captain of the Gold Coast A League side? Yep, he was a captain also :roll: