Fevola is off to the USA

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rosco
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Why? So he can fail at another sport?

NFL teams have a single punter spot, just one spot. He would be competing against not only the incumbant punter but the best college talent and other free agents who would be younger, fitter, better versed with the sport PLUS be free of the colourful past Fevola carries with him.

I reckon he should try his hand at the World Poker Tour. At least then he could gamble

BANG BANG
Luckily Ben Graham, Sav Rocca and Darren Bennett didnt think that way.
Yes Einstein.

But they didn't have all the issues that Febola has!
You are right. American sports dont have idiots playing for them just guys who bring guns to training and sensible things like that.
exactly his so call bad record is nothing to the US clubs heck the bloke gets boozy and blows his pay on horses ... hardly stabbing your wife , bringing a gun to training or drug trafficing or steroid abuse .... in NFL terms Fev is an angel
Michael Vick
(granted he is a former #1 draft pick and a superstar)
Wikipedia wrote:In April 2007, Vick was implicated in an illegal interstate dog fighting ring that had operated over five years. In August 2007, he pleaded guilty to federal felony charges and served 21 months in prison, followed by two months in home confinement. With the loss of his NFL salary and product endorsement deals, combined with previous financial mismanagement, Vick filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in July 2008.[4] Falcons owner Arthur Blank did not want Vick on the Falcons, and after attempts to trade him failed, Vick was released. He signed with the Philadelphia Eagles and was reinstated in week 3 of the 2009 season.[5]
Wikipedia wrote:On August 29th, however, Vick and the Eagles announced they had agreed on a 6-year, $100 million contact with almost $40 million in guaranteed money.[43]

Shaggy
Club Player

So AFL clubs will not take Fev because he is a d**khead but NFL clubs will because they do not care according to P66.

Thats up there with no change is good for teams, AFL footballers will never become club chairmen and forwards cant play back and backmen cant play forward but if they do its because the coaches understand the roles so it shouldn't be questioned.

Magner being described as short and fat goes down IMO as the most stupid thing I have read on this site. The guy owns a number of records at the Sandy gym and is seriously built.

A lot of stupid stuff gets said on this site.
Last edited by Shaggy on Thu 08 Dec 2011 10:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Hopefully he earns millions playing a new game and uses it to set himself up for life.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:Hopefully he earns millions playing a new game and uses it to set himself up for life.
Punters get about $200,000 a year, not millions.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Image
:lol: Yeah , Viva las vegas !

In red white and black from 73
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:Hopefully he earns millions playing a new game and uses it to set himself up for life.
Punters get about $200,000 a year, not millions.
Well I am not professing to knowing everything know it all.

Why are you like Plugger? So know it all and rah rah me me me I am awesome and blah blah blah.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote: Magner being described as short and fat goes down IMO as the most stupid thing I have read on this site. The guy owns a number of records at the Sandy gym and is seriously built.

please provide me where someone said magner was short and fat?
url please.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:So AFL clubs will not take Fev because he is a d**khead but NFL clubs will because they do not care according to P66.

Thats up there with no change is good for teams, AFL footballers will never become club chairmen and forwards cant play back and backmen cant play forward but if they do its because the coaches understand the roles so it shouldn't be questioned.

Magner being described as short and fat goes down IMO as the most stupid thing I have read on this site. The guy owns a number of records at the Sandy gym and is seriously built.

Yes that is correct regarding Fev. Is that what you wanted me to say? Love you to provide a link to the short and fat comment on Magner. Never saw it. I think some have said a bit slow and not skilled enough for AFL footy.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Why? So he can fail at another sport?

NFL teams have a single punter spot, just one spot. He would be competing against not only the incumbant punter but the best college talent and other free agents who would be younger, fitter, better versed with the sport PLUS be free of the colourful past Fevola carries with him.

I reckon he should try his hand at the World Poker Tour. At least then he could gamble

BANG BANG
Luckily Ben Graham, Sav Rocca and Darren Bennett didnt think that way.
Yes Einstein.

But they didn't have all the issues that Febola has!
You are right. American sports dont have idiots playing for them just guys who bring guns to training and sensible things like that.
exactly his so call bad record is nothing to the US clubs heck the bloke gets boozy and blows his pay on horses ... hardly stabbing your wife , bringing a gun to training or drug trafficing or steroid abuse .... in NFL terms Fev is an angel
Michael Vick
(granted he is a former #1 draft pick and a superstar)
Wikipedia wrote:In April 2007, Vick was implicated in an illegal interstate dog fighting ring that had operated over five years. In August 2007, he pleaded guilty to federal felony charges and served 21 months in prison, followed by two months in home confinement. With the loss of his NFL salary and product endorsement deals, combined with previous financial mismanagement, Vick filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in July 2008.[4] Falcons owner Arthur Blank did not want Vick on the Falcons, and after attempts to trade him failed, Vick was released. He signed with the Philadelphia Eagles and was reinstated in week 3 of the 2009 season.[5]
Wikipedia wrote:On August 29th, however, Vick and the Eagles announced they had agreed on a 6-year, $100 million contact with almost $40 million in guaranteed money.[43]
I see the point here.

BUT

Vick is a highly recognised and decorated Quarterback (a position which has 4 slots open on a roster) a team would sign him dispite his past and get fans through the gates and a star in a tough position that wins games. Fevola is an absolute nobody in a position that would take the field a handful of times a game and not infulence the outcome

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum