Jackson Ferguson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Well actually mine is bigger than all of yours, but I don't bother posting about that stuff.

I keep that for the threads on penisational.com 8-)
Mine's big folded. Cumbersome. Tiring.
Folded?

Is that why you call yourself Thinline :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Well actually mine is bigger than all of yours, but I don't bother posting about that stuff.

I keep that for the threads on penisational.com 8-)
Mine's big folded. Cumbersome. Tiring.
Folded?

Is that why you call yourself Thinline :wink:
Must hurt

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yeah, thats a bit tough.....but thats what the real opinion of him is....

harsh, but reality....and not just my opinion....actually I have no real opinion of him, other than...he couldnt handle the heat

AFL was just 'too hard' for him
No opinion you said "Gaertner was HOPELESS...... freak athlete, pea heart, woeful skills....".
Sounds like an opinion to me. Sounds like BigFart has 20/20 hindsight.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
elizabethr
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
BigMart wrote:Yeah, thats a bit tough.....but thats what the real opinion of him is....

harsh, but reality....and not just my opinion....actually I have no real opinion of him, other than...he couldnt handle the heat

No opinion you said "Gaertner was HOPELESS...... freak athlete, pea heart, woeful skills....".
Sounds like an opinion to me. Sounds like BigFart has 20/20 hindsight.[/qu
ote]
Old Fart the one with the biggest overinflated opinion on here...IMO... :(

nothing to say
Ross who?
Club Player

Sorry to get back on topic :shock:
Jackson Ferguson is going to be a very good player IMO. Looked very comfortable in Sandy seniors this year. Great size and surprisingly quick! Has all the skills to make it.
As for upgrading him, No point ATM as he can still have another season as a rookie and we have first rights to him at the end of season.(Much cheaper for the club also)
I was disappointed when we chose JF over Kane Murphy as our last NSW rookie, but after watching him at Sandy this year can see why it went this way.
:wink:

Blake Acres fan club VIP
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not really....

I was sharing a fairly common perception of him....

but I will say that anyone who's dream it is to play AFL gets a chance, then when they see how hard you have to work to succeed...pulls the pin...is not the strongest character

I have outlined why I dont think he was much good.....and believe me, if it werent for his physical attributes, he would not made his local U18 team...couldnt kick, mark, find the footy.....butboy could he run and gee he is tall.....I see many more talented 17/18 footballers get overlooked who would push themselves to the limit for the chances he got...

Any way BS continue.....with your BS

matrix
Saintsational Legend

for some strange reason every time i hear that surname i think of the Freak from Prisoner :shock:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

you really are a nasty piece of work aren't you?......do you get off on being a dropkick???

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

you really are a nasty piece of work aren't you?......do you get off on being a dropkick???
Bring back the drop kick and the place kick.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintJohn1956
Club Player

Gaertner played with Dromana this year. Saw a few games - he looked good in patches but didn't star. Cayden Beetham played at Sorrento along with the Schwartz Brothers - Troy is coach and Ben was leading goal kicker for league I think. Dromana didn't make GF, Sorrento just beat Hastings - who had no ex VFL/AFL players (save for one guy who made Brisbanes list I think) by 1 point and were a bit lucky. On the games I saw Gaertner would not make an AFL player.

Saint John
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Yep fancy not saying an ex saints player is hopeless and a pea heart. You are a disgrace BS.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

That would be ex-saints rookie...

Dont remember Gaertner playing too many games????

How about

ex-saints rookie listed player who played for affiliate club Sandringham in the VFL...sounds more accurate to me...

Shane Warne and Rod Butterss can lay claim to being more of 'saints player' they wore the strip in the ressies

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:That would be ex-saints rookie...

How about

ex-saints rookie listed player who played for affiliate club Sandringham in the VFL...sounds more accurate to me...

Shane Warne and Rod Butterss can lay claim to being more of 'saints player' they wore the strip in the ressies
Think wearing the Saints strip at NAB Cup level trumps the ressies myself 8-)

Ross who?
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
BigMart wrote:That would be ex-saints rookie...

How about

Think wearing the Saints strip at NAB Cup level trumps the ressies myself 8-)
+1 :wink:

Blake Acres fan club VIP
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

At least Im bagging a kid who never made it....and wont make it...

your judging a kid who is yet to make it, and still is on the (actual) list and still has an opportunity....and has already well ahead of Gaertner...

I was rough on Gaertner, particularly with the pea heart comment.....but players who quit because it was all too hard (similar to Beetham) after being afforded a chance many would kill for.....have NO ticker imo...

ANd perhaps my judgement on him being 'hopeless' should be clarified...
He is a hopeless footballer in a pure sense....but combining that with his outrageous natural attributes (size and athletisism) makes him a prospect
He is a poor mans Natinui.....but not the application to make a go of it....hence 'soft'
Make him and Archer 183cm and the same weight, endurance, speed....Archer would have him covered....a lot better player
Archer is somewhat hindered by his physical attributes....and will improve if they improve

If Archer played at Dromana in 2011 he would have kicked 100 goals...that I will say

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I dont know about BigMarts description of Gaertner being a pea heart, but didn't he leave the AFL system because he couldn't commit to what was required?

Does that make him a "pea heart". Well in the context of what was required of him to be an AFL footballer, maybe so.

Anyway dont know much about either Gaertner or Jackson however Jackson is still on the list so he is the only one I am interested in.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

NAB Cup = Practise Match...

if we didnt win the week before, and that game was a challenge game in Shepparton would that have been a game??

In the NAB cup players are rotated through...they dont earn games....so practise game IMO...

Did anyone actually see Steve Gaertner kick?? He made Jones look like Darren Jarman

Jackson Ferguson

Better Footballer than Gaertner

Better Athlete than Archer

degruch
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Good attempt at humour......obviously you had nothing...

Archer.....better than Gaertner...simple

You dont rate archer...he is on an AFL list

You rate Gaertner.....he is on an MPNFL list
Can you read Dunlop because it seems you just make up things. You called the guy hopeless and a pea heart. I said he wasnt. Didnt mention Archer and didnt rate Gaertner. Now tell us who else you know at St Bedes. How will Liam Sumner go next year nad do you also rate Jet?
No, mine is bigger :roll: :roll:
:lol: SOOOO true. Ducking and weaving again p66?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:OK...dicks out....it's another pissing contest.... :roll:
Finally and arguement I can win!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

I'm confident Jackson & Archer will be key pillars at either end of the ground in the next 2/3 years..

Archer will be the bullish, competitive type.. A Cloke/Dawes hybrid.. Closer to Dawes than Cloke in quality, but will make the grade..

Ferg will certainly be a player.. Can see him taking huge steps this year.. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the 22 by mid season, baring injury of course..

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

He is obviously too slight for a key position at the moment ... but given that it's the forward line where we need to improve the most I'm wondering if he can be developed as a half forward flanker ?

Has he played as a forward ?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:He is obviously too slight for a key position at the moment ... but given that it's the forward line where we need to improve the most I'm wondering if he can be developed as a half forward flanker ?

http://parramatta-advertiser.whereilive ... -afl-club/

"ST KILDA has signed a strapping 193cm tall who can run fast and break tackles - and he is not Nick Riewoldt.

Jackson Ferguson, 18, of Greystanes, is a giant for his age and has signed a rookie contract with this year’s AFL grand finalists.

The NSW/ACT under-18 representative has used his height and speed to good effect as centre halfback and in the forward line, reminiscent of one of his Sydney heroes...."

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Thanks Dr !

Breaks tackles .. :wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:He is obviously too slight for a key position at the moment ... but given that it's the forward line where we need to improve the most I'm wondering if he can be developed as a half forward flanker ?

Is he that slight these days?

I thought he looked much stockier in person, very tall, well especially next to Crocker.

Nice young man.

savatage
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:

Is he that slight these days?

I thought he looked much stockier in person, very tall, well especially next to Crocker.

Nice young man.
A toothpick looked solidly built next to Crocker....