Swans pushing for walsh hard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

saint6 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
If he really wants an irish friend, we could get Sentanta. :wink:
yes a player whose main claim to fame is being suspended for belting a team mate in a practice match
Yes but it was a Cloke. So that makes it ok.

savatage
SS Life Member

fingers wrote:
saint6 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
yes a player whose main claim to fame is being suspended for belting a team mate in a practice match
Yes but it was a Cloke. So that makes it ok.
That's gold!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Well, if I re-phrase Q4 to read;

Can he develop into a regular senior AFL Player? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

savatage
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:Well, if I re-phrase Q4 to read;

Can he develop into a regular senior AFL Player? !!
I believe so!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Tell him he's in the side for Round 1 FFS.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Easy.

Hasn't gone yet.

Anyway, hasn't Kennelly retired?

He still wouldn't know anyone, and would have to move interstate, and still be behind Reid.

All true K, but we shouldn't even be in this position where we're slightly concerned
THATS the truth. What is this amatuer hour? I mean FFS, you put time and effort into a guy..just to let him float so other clubs can cherry pick? are we a **** joke?

IF he walks this is seriously one of the poorest efforts by the previous coach, list management team and Board Ive seen ....and there's been some poor ones...

FFS offload Polo, Blake? (how old?) and think about the future. I mean surely Ray/Gram/Dawson can be worked through to help.
Read your comments Teflon and imagine they are being said about Lynch. Thats just how I feel right now. If we lose Tommy we lose the best Irish kid who we got as a rookie selection. Yet to play senior footy, he's shown glimpses and should have played (thanks Ross)... I think Lynch is incredibly underrated and Walsh a little overrated, just from what I've seen at Sandy. :(

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Maklom
Club Player

[quote="sainterinsydney"]By the way, Ameet said on SEN the other day that Walsh was a required player next year.[/quote]

Yep, by atleast 3 AFL clubs...hope one of them is St Kilda!

Maklom
Club Player

[quote="sainterinsydney"]By the way, Ameet said on SEN the other day that Walsh was a required player next year.[/quote]

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Lets not forget how Sydney got Shane Mumford. He was promising, but by no means a "star", yet they offered him an apparently huge amount of money to move up there, so Geelong lost him even though they didn't want to.
They know what they're doing up there, as evidenced by how well Mumford, Kennedy, McGlynn, etc, have gone. They are the masters at it.
If they've identified Tommy as being a really good prospect, they may do a Mummy on him and throw hundreds of thousands at him. We could have our work cut out here and it could throw a massive spanner in our works (salary cap wise). As others have mentioned, we may have to dump a couple of the "GOP's", if we really rate Tommy.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Fri 14 Oct 2011 1:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Maklom
Club Player

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
samoht wrote:defacto ,,
No one would probably be interested in Blake, Polo and Gamble - yet they all got games ahead of Walsh - who did not even get a look in ?
If he goes it's fairly and squarely on Ross's head :twisted:
Yep, cos Lyon is handling his contract negotiations... :roll:

And maybe playing him last year would've pushed him into a higher pay bracket, which we couldn't afford... or maybe he just wasn't ready.

But how can people think if he'd played a few games there wouldn't be this speculation?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
No one would probably be interested in Blake, Polo and Gamble - yet they all got games ahead of Walsh - who did not even get a look in ?

And maybe playing him last year would've pushed him into a higher pay bracket, which we couldn't afford... or maybe he just wasn't ready.

But how can people think if he'd played a few games there wouldn't be this speculation?
Reward for effort may have been appreciated. Elevation to senior list and a contract could've been a done deal. Pelchen would have had a bit more to go on than just the VFL games. Etc etc etc.

Walsh did as much as quite a few fellas at Sandy who were rewarded with senior appearances throughout 2011.

So roll your eyes all you like, this has a lot to do with how Ross handled Tommy.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:So roll your eyes all you like, this has a lot to do with how Ross handled Tommy.
As mentioned before, RL is the coach of Fremantle...if Tommy goes, after being presented with a fresh start, it's because of Tommy...unless he's sick of reading Gram's tweets too.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
markp wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Reward for effort may have been appreciated. Elevation to senior list and a contract could've been a done deal. Pelchen would have had a bit more to go on than just the VFL games. Etc etc etc.

Walsh did as much as quite a few fellas at Sandy who were rewarded with senior appearances throughout 2011.

So roll your eyes all you like, this has a lot to do with how Ross handled Tommy.
So it's gone from "squarely on Ross' head" to "this has a lot do do with..."

I'd reckon it may have a lot to do with $$ too.

But this is really just rumour and speculation, he hasn't actually gone anywhere.... and could we have afforded to offer him a contract last year?.... Also, Lyon is no longer at the club.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:By the way, Ameet said on SEN the other day that Walsh was a required player next year.
Ie will online traded for a high draft pick.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Would we actually get anything for him, though, or would Sydney be able to get him for nicks, as he's not on our list?
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Fri 14 Oct 2011 3:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

i have been told he is a loyal bloke and wants to stay with the saints

I have also been told he is absolutely stoked to be told he will be a senior list player next year and will be offered a contract

however i have been told sydney are offering more money

#1 Ryder fan
bozza1980
Club Player

I can't believe this hysteria.

Just offering a player a contract does not prevent him from deciding to keep his options open at the end of the year.

I can't wait for the hysteria this time next year when Goddard is yet to re-sign.

We seem to be flavour of the month at the minute with the press, everything has a sinister overtone to it.

Let's take a deep breath here, Walsh hasn't said he wants out, these reports merely represent the fact that one of our players is in demand elsewhere. This isn't the first time and won't be the last time this happens.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

i have been told he is a loyal bloke and wants to stay with the saints

I have also been told he is absolutely stoked to be told he will be a senior list player next year and will be offered a contract

however i have been told sydney are offering more money

#1 Ryder fan
markp
Saintsational Legend

Ironically, I can remember when we got him there was talk on his Gaelic football team's fan site about him choosing swimming at Bondi over staying....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
markp wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

So it's gone from "squarely on Ross' head" to "this has a lot do do with..."
Words mate, just words. Means the same thing.

Anyway, wait till I start on Lyon's failure to get Tommy's brother Barry John out here :P

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I have been told that people pretend they hear stuff when really they dont.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Re: Swans pushing for walsh hard

MC Gusto wrote::(

offering him more dollars and have had tadgh in his ear etc

nooooo
The other day you said he was signed up or was signing and was committed to the Saints

Another opportunity awaits!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Even if Walsh does go, could you blame him? He's been given one tiny opportunity for us, and then probably wheeled out for the International series. Pretty pathetic I reckon.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintjake
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:Even if Walsh does go, could you blame him? He's been given one tiny opportunity for us, and then probably wheeled out for the International series. Pretty pathetic I reckon.
He wasn't given any opportunity!