What has this board done?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

The only thing our current board has done is spend more money which has caused our club to lose nearly $2million this season. :roll: :twisted:

Why do you think we have been a top side since 2004? It was because we were forced into a full rebuild. With the Tim Watson debacle and then the Malcolm Blight debacle our beloved St kilda was on the canvas down and out. We won 11 games in 3 seasons and in that time we scummed up 5 top 10 picks and 3 top 20 picks. Through our own ineptitude we were forced to do a major rebuild and that was the catalyst for sustained excellence over the last 8 years.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Parrot_Rosie wrote:The only thing our current board has done is spend more money which has caused our club to lose nearly $2million this season. :roll: :twisted:
Well if that upsets you that much you should post this on your team's board :idea:

Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Parrot_Rosie wrote:The only thing our current board has done is spend more money which has caused our club to lose nearly $2million this season. :roll: :twisted:
Well if that upsets you that much you should post this on your team's board :idea:
I have barracked for St Kilda since I cried at losing the 1971 Grand Final against Hawthorn.

Why do you think we have been a top side since 2004? It was because we were forced into a full rebuild. With the Tim Watson debacle and then the Malcolm Blight debacle our beloved St kilda was on the canvas down and out. We won 11 games in 3 seasons and in that time we scummed up 5 top 10 picks and 3 top 20 picks. Through our own ineptitude we were forced to do a major rebuild and that was the catalyst for sustained excellence over the last 8 years.
Gwilt Edged
Club Player

Re: What has this board done?

barks4eva wrote:The club has ridden on the wave of having a brilliant coach and fitness and conditioning guru BOTH appointed by the previous board that were chiefly responsible for us making these Grand Finals etc...etc...
Barks I think you're being terribly unfair to Tim Watson!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt Edged wrote:
barks4eva wrote:The club has ridden on the wave of having a brilliant coach and fitness and conditioning guru BOTH appointed by the previous board that were chiefly responsible for us making these Grand Finals etc...etc...
Barks I think you're being terribly unfair to Tim Watson!

Good point........how remiss of me!

I have posted on this previously though!

Tim Watson must take a lot of the credit for St kilda being gifted the biggest draft bonanza in sporting history anywhere on planet Earth and quite possibly also including the Milky Way and M31 galaxies

but alas ANY club but St kilda would have creamed it with premiershipS, yet somehow, someway this club managed to completely and monumentally **** it up

We will never have a better list than what we did in 2004-2005

Tim Watson's legacy has been tarnished by the incompetent monkey spankers that followed him!

AND now the current board of ninny hammers have just taken buffoonery to a whole new level for even this club and given the history that is no mean feat.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:
joffaboy wrote:sent us from a position of Financial security to one of 1.5 mill loss during one of our most successful periods on field.

Not bad. :roll:
how did our on field first 8 weeks affect their targeted revenue for membership , reserved seats, merchandise and sponsorship?

So how did the board cause that? Exactly?

Or maybe Ross and the Players stuffed up on field in the first 8 rounds, the expenses were locked in and the revenue did not come.?

No - the board were at fault.???
We have been at Etihad for 10 years. During that time (and with less average crowds) Butters and co managed multiple million $ profits and got us to be debt free.

Now with multiple finals including THREE Grand Finals, much higher aver crowds than in early mid 2000's, we have suffered million dollar + losses.

These clowns are addicted to reckless spending and once again our club is broke.

You cabbages couldn't wait to get rid of Butters. I was abused and told off because I wanted to see how fiscally responsible this mob were.

Now we are broke and for the FIRST time in our history we are getting AFL handouts.

All because of this hopeless board and their pathetic supporter sheep supporters.

You lot have wrecked the club once again.

Thanks for nothing ass clowns.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

JB, just a favour to us non-accountant types, but when the Annual report comes out, could you please translate it into simple to understand arithmetic.
In other words, the club's revenue was this, we spent this much, the loss was occured due to this and this.
Now I'll judge the board if the loss was because of reckless spending, however if there are mitigating factors for the loss, in other words expenses that were unavoidable, eg keeping Kim Duthie happy and spending God knows on that little episode, as well as the new training facility, which may be a once off, then fair enough.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
saintsRrising wrote: Lyon, Misson etc were all put in place by the previous Board.

Don't let the facts get in the way of the laterally challenged apologist spin doctoring clowns!

The club has ridden on the wave of having a brilliant coach and fitness and conditioning guru BOTH appointed by the previous board that were chiefly responsible for us making these Grand Finals etc...etc...

and now somehow this is the current boards list of achievements

FAIR DINKUM there are some clueless ninny hammers around here!
FAIR DINKUM Flowering clowns

Get back Butterssss and he can get one of his new mates to coach -after he gets Tiffany Cherry to be our new coach first- but she won't last because she wants to play badminton on weekdays leaving her inexperienced junior for all duties except game days.

Ahhh the good old days at the saints.... we should concentrate on the important things, frankston/ seaford, jumper design, heated AGMs, misplaced nostalgia, bagging anyone that has a vision that contradicts any of these points.

Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
oneteam wrote:
joffaboy wrote:sent us from a position of Financial security to one of 1.5 mill loss during one of our most successful periods on field.

Not bad. :roll:
how did our on field first 8 weeks affect their targeted revenue for membership , reserved seats, merchandise and sponsorship?

So how did the board cause that? Exactly?

Or maybe Ross and the Players stuffed up on field in the first 8 rounds, the expenses were locked in and the revenue did not come.?

No - the board were at fault.???
We have been at Etihad for 10 years. During that time (and with less average crowds) Butters and co managed multiple million $ profits and got us to be debt free.

Now with multiple finals including THREE Grand Finals, much higher aver crowds than in early mid 2000's, we have suffered million dollar + losses.

These clowns are addicted to reckless spending and once again our club is broke.

You cabbages couldn't wait to get rid of Butters. I was abused and told off because I wanted to see how fiscally responsible this mob were.

Now we are broke and for the FIRST time in our history we are getting AFL handouts.

All because of this hopeless board and their pathetic supporter sheep supporters.

You lot have wrecked the club once again.

Thanks for nothing ass clowns.
For once Geoff, I totally agree with you. At least Butthead made our club profits. I just wish he had not sacked GT, but that's for another discussion/arguement.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saintsRrising wrote: Lyon, Misson etc were all put in place by the previous Board.

Don't let the facts get in the way of the laterally challenged apologist spin doctoring clowns!

The club has ridden on the wave of having a brilliant coach and fitness and conditioning guru BOTH appointed by the previous board that were chiefly responsible for us making these Grand Finals etc...etc...

and now somehow this is the current boards list of achievements

FAIR DINKUM there are some clueless ninny hammers around here!
BZZZ!! GONNGGG!!! Let me stop you right there...

Your facts are your opinions and the opinions of the perpetrators of the myth; that Lyon and Misson were the main reasons for our on field success...You are wrong!!! Our players deserve all the credit...The cattle did the work. The cattle was talented and the player list is your blueprint for success... Your brilliant coach will be a forgotten man once his coaching career is over in about 3 years from now (if not earlier) and he will be flagless
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 14 Oct 2011 12:31am, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

Don't let facts spoil the fun.
Which facts do you believe that I have wrong?

Please list and then we can discuss.

Now I am not saying the previous board where perfect. And indeed...with the turmoil going on change was required.

Also please note that some of the old Boards in on the new Board.

However despite the new Board coming in at a fantastic time, they have IMO under-achieved despite having many things in their favour.

However one good point has been relative stability. So a tick for that.

Another big tick for getting Pelchen.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
I have barracked for St Kilda since I cried at losing the 1971 Grand Final against Hawthorn.
You should win the world's longest troll award. Is there a spot in the Guiness book of records for you?
That's above and beyond the call of duty, if I got on the pies or bombers fan site I would just make inflammatory comments while posing as a concerned fan.
That is just awesome that you actually cried to keep up the facade. You should try method acting as a career. Are you talkin to me...are YOU talkin to ME?
i might take it up instead...james hird and bomber are running US into the ground. they should sack all of OUR players and get 300 3rd round picks for them but OUR board and members all suck balls.

markp
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
markp wrote:

Don't let facts spoil the fun.
Which facts do you believe that I have wrong?

Please list and then we can discuss.

Now I am not saying the previous board where perfect. And indeed...with the turmoil going on change was required.

Also please note that some of the old Boards in on the new Board.

However despite the new Board coming in at a fantastic time, they have IMO under-achieved despite having many things in their favour.

However one good point has been relative stability. So a tick for that.

Another big tick for getting Pelchen.
I was agreeing with you.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

JB

Aren't all clubs getting handouts???

Isn't the difference that their weighted based on the inequalities of things like the draw or r u referring to something I have missed

Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

gringo wrote:
Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
You should win the world's longest troll award. Is there a spot in the Guiness book of records for you?
That's above and beyond the call of duty, if I got on the pies or bombers fan site I would just make inflammatory comments while posing as a concerned fan.
That is just awesome that you actually cried to keep up the facade. You should try method acting as a career. Are you talkin to me...are YOU talkin to ME?
i might take it up instead...james hird and bomber are running US into the ground. they should sack all of OUR players and get 300 3rd round picks for them but OUR board and members all suck balls.
Ignore.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well, we sponsored Walsh, Ferguson and Crocker last year?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Mate dont pick on him, he is mentally ill.

Just ignore him, he will go back to Bomberblitz eventually. After all he stated he was going to become an Essendon supporter years ago. Still post here, so it is pretty obviously a mental condition.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote:
Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Just ignore him, he will go back to Bomberblitz eventually. After all he stated he was going to become an Essendon supporter years ago. Still post here, so it is pretty obviously a mental condition.
Hey Geoff, up to your old tricks again I see. Why would an opposition supporter keep posting on Saintsational for years and years?
Lets call a cease fire!!!!

Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote:
Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Hey Geoff, up to your old tricks again I see. Why would an opposition supporter keep posting on Saintsational for years and years?
Lets call a cease fire!!!!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Unless there is an alternative ticket ready to challenge the current board, then nothing should change. In the time this current CEO and board has been in place though, I still have seen no Saint premiership, seen potential sponsors drop off the St Kilda brand, and seen the questionable move to Seaford take place. I won't blame the board for Lyon leaving, as the guy followed the dollar like a blowfly to a turd. So let's look with hope to 2012 with our new coach and a new breath of fresh air- though the CEO and board need to perform, as stability is no excuse for keeping a poorly performing board at the head of any club or company.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm just getting a wee bit tired of So many posts on here calling down hell and damnation on the board, and mocking anyone who is not prepared to bow to those opinions! :twisted:

The rants and raves are hysterical and are all well and good (if they help the person doing the ranting :roll: ) The one thing I have yet to see in ANY of the posts critical of this board is a CLEAR AND VIABLE ALTERNATIVE.
No names, no alternative ticket for board.
I've asked Barks on more than several occasions now, to furnish us with candidates for Prez, CEO, and Board members....to date NOT ONE NAME!!
just the usual rants.
Now Barks, Please don't think for a minute, that I'm attacking you for holding an opinion, because I support your right to do so. I'm just simply brassed off with all the hot air and lack of substance in putting forward some practical and CONCRETE nominations/suggestions for an alternative.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Yeah we made a profit we also had the same tackle bags from the days of Trevor Barker... We were buying second hand grainy equipment from VFL clubs ... We had one bloke doing the contracts the coaching the drafting and the match analysis ... We had money but the worst facility in the comp we had Buckets rebuilding parts of the office to save a coin ... It's funny how once we started spending money the injurys went down and the wins started to come ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SO! Joffaboy, using the logic of your argument can we expect to see you and Barks nominating Butterss and Co for election to the board? :roll:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:SO! Joffaboy, using the logic of your argument can we expect to see you and Barks nominating Butterss and Co for election to the board? :roll:
Typical of Geoff to just run away. Where the hell are you Joffagirl?? :P

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

thejiggingsaint wrote: <snip>
... rants and raves are hysterical
agreed
BUT
the opposite is true
that for too long no one has been able to express an opinion of criticism against the current board and even more especially the ex-coach

"in-ross-we-trust" has up and left and westaway is not far behind
th current board has been stable and that is good, but they also have made some big mistakes

of all the periods in saints history, this regime is going to have plenty of issues that will make for a great book

Seeya