Tom Lynch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I'm not even sure if the Crows will offer pick 24 for him. They've just used pick 10 on a player that won't play until 2013. I think they'll back themselves to pick up someone in the trade with pick 24 rather than on Lynch and offer their pick 2 for him.

PJ
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:I'm not even sure if the Crows will offer pick 24 for him. They've just used pick 10 on a player that won't play until 2013. I think they'll back themselves to pick up someone in the trade with pick 24 rather than on Lynch and offer their pick 2 for him.
Their 2nd pick is around 40 something - forget it he was pick 13. No one in their right mind would accept that.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I'm not even sure if the Crows will offer pick 24 for him. They've just used pick 10 on a player that won't play until 2013. I think they'll back themselves to pick up someone in the trade with pick 24 rather than on Lynch and offer their pick 2 for him.
Their 2nd pick is around 40 something - forget it he was pick 13. No one in their right mind would accept that.
Yea exactly. I don't see the point as there's no chance they'll give us pick 24 for him...That's Gunston territory and we've seen what sort of hype was around him. May as well keep Lynch unless we have to trade him for salary cap relief.

savatage
SS Life Member

PJ wrote:Tom's a first round pick - I'd be wanting serious compensation if he goes that's for sure. 2nd and 3rd round picks won't cut it.
Aaron Fiora was a first round pick - he was worth nothing on the actual market...let's face it - Tom doesn't play like a first rounder.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I'd be suprised if Tom left St Kilda now that the Gunston trade is done and dusted. Unless we received Maric (straight swap) or Lewis then we are losing out.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
defacto
Club Player

St Ick wrote:I'd be suprised if Tom left St Kilda now that the Gunston trade is done and dusted. Unless we received Maric (straight swap) or Lewis then we are losing out.
theres a rumor of armstrong going to sydney and somehow its involving lynch

PJ
SS Life Member

savatage wrote:
PJ wrote:Tom's a first round pick - I'd be wanting serious compensation if he goes that's for sure. 2nd and 3rd round picks won't cut it.
Aaron Fiora was a first round pick - he was worth nothing on the actual market...let's face it - Tom doesn't play like a first rounder.
Can't compare the 2 they're nothing alike. Tom's only played 5 games too early to call.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

defacto wrote:
St Ick wrote:I'd be suprised if Tom left St Kilda now that the Gunston trade is done and dusted. Unless we received Maric (straight swap) or Lewis then we are losing out.
theres a rumor of armstrong going to sydney and somehow its involving lynch
I assume thats the one involving Lewis Johnston.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SaintWodonga
Club Player

`I hope we just get a 2nd round pick, don't want a recycled player..

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
jays
Club Player

hope we get something good for him

savatage
SS Life Member

PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:
Can't compare the 2 they're nothing alike. Tom's only played 5 games too early to call.
The point wasn't to compare players - I'm simply saying that the initial position a player was selected has no bearing on their later trade value...IMO if Lynch was being traded right now today - a 2nd rounder would be what he's justifying.

By next year - that could be a 1st rounder or it could be a 4th rounder.

PJ
SS Life Member

savatage wrote:
PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:
The point wasn't to compare players - I'm simply saying that the initial position a player was selected has no bearing on their later trade value...IMO if Lynch was being traded right now today - a 2nd rounder would be what he's justifying.

I understand but like I said IMO it's too early to make a call on what Lynch is worth

savatage
SS Life Member

PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:
PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:

I understand but like I said IMO it's too early to make a call on what Lynch is worth
That's why we pay professionals that see these guys everyday to ultimately make the call- but IMO if we're looking to secure more draft picks or involve ourselves & Tom Lynch is one of the players we sacrifice - my opinion is second rounder would be OK.

PJ
SS Life Member

savatage wrote:
PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:
PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:

That's why we pay professionals that see these guys everyday to ultimately make the call- but IMO if we're looking to secure more draft picks or involve ourselves & Tom Lynch is one of the players we sacrifice - my opinion is second rounder would be OK.
Fair enough but unless he wants to go I don't see the point in going for a second rounder after the work that has been put into him at the club - the professionals you talk about would know best so we'll see what expires.

If the club we are talking about is Adelaide their 2nd round is a fair way down the list.

savatage
SS Life Member

PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:
PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:
PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:

Fair enough but unless he wants to go I don't see the point in going for a second rounder after the work that has been put into him at the club - the professionals you talk about would know best so we'll see what expires.

If the club we are talking about is Adelaide their 2nd round is a fair way down the list.
I think we were all expecting the pick #24 that Adelaide got in the trade - if it is pick 40 or whatever, then yes I'm on the same page as you...wouldn't be worth it.

Richter
SS Life Member

PJ wrote: Fair enough but unless he wants to go I don't see the point in going for a second rounder after the work that has been put into him at the club - the professionals you talk about would know best so we'll see what expires.

Harsh realities here... Lynch has shown zip so far. If we could get a 2nd rounder for him I'd be stoked. Adelaide's 2nd round is 35. They surely aren't that dim and won't give us that much.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
PJ
SS Life Member

savatage wrote:
PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:
PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:
PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:

I think we were all expecting the pick #24 that Adelaide got in the trade - if it is pick 40 or whatever, then yes I'm on the same page as you...wouldn't be worth it.[/quot

Pick 24 would definately be worth a look in but word here is that they'll hold onto this one after trading Gunston.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Wasnt he runner up in the reserves b&f in 12 games.....thats something

he can only deliver on the oppotunities he gets

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Hope he stays and the new coach actually gimes him a chance next year down back where he was so good for Sandy.

Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:next monday should be good.

how many trades do people expect us to be involved with this week? from what pelchen has said i would expect maybe 2 or 3 players / picks will be moved around, will be an interesting weekend in the media if nothing happens before then.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was even less than that !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:
Fiora was getting better and was more inconsistent than terrible. If he had been pick 64 in the draft he would have been a beauty. He was the anti Ross Lyon, all tricks and no discipline- Show bag and so got sent packing. Lynchy just looks a little more like good fundamentals and no tricks.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

incorrect....Fiora was worth Heath Black on the open market

as thats who he was traded for......Black himself arrived at StK for a swap for Pick 17 (james kelly).....so Fiora in essence cost us James Kelly....who no doubt we would have overlooked anywho....

I reckon keep the boy....we have invested a lot in him...

why not give him an extended run....ala Armitage and then see if he can dliver

savatage
SS Life Member

Umm Fiora wasn't the point - it was about where they were taken...

OK let me change my named player taken in the first round to....

Daniel McAlister - Essendon
Caydn Beetham - St.Kilda
Andrew McQualter - St.Kilda

you get the picture...where they were taken is not relevant when looking at potential trades down the line....

Raph Clarke was taken at pick 8, do you think he would retain value at Pick 8 today?? exactly....

savatage
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:
PJ wrote:
savatage wrote:
Fiora was getting better and was more inconsistent than terrible. If he had been pick 64 in the draft he would have been a beauty. He was the anti Ross Lyon, all tricks and no discipline- Show bag and so got sent packing. Lynchy just looks a little more like good fundamentals and no tricks.
Yeah he could be a good solid player!

savatage
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:incorrect....Fiora was worth Heath Black on the open market
Heath Black was headed back to Perth - we got involved in a 3 way deal last minute involving Freo & Richmond so we could get something....

As far as him being the set of "steak knives" he did alright for us. Certainly a better player than what Richmond gave us (at least in his first year with us).