Am I delusional

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

If you have to ask the question then usually there is a good chance you are.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:I think no one can predict what will happen that's the point so why predict in the negative? Unless of course you're a pessimist...oh yeh that's right
It is called realistic. You can live in fantasy land I will live in Melbourne. Do I want to be right. No.
Your predictions are negative not realistic...they never have been and never will be. By the way how do I live in fantasy land - where have I made any predictions....or are you just making up more negative BS
Why is it negative to say it will be very hard to replace any of the top 5 sides. They finished at least 3 games clear and apart from Geelong are all younger than us. That is realistic. That is fact. Maybe we just sit around holding hands and say how good we are because we arent allowed to be realistic. What a lot of crap. I will continue to post realistic stuff and you can continue to hold hands and let others say how good we are. Lets not even discuss our side. Lets just say we will win the flag afterall we known for winnings flags.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:I think no one can predict what will happen that's the point so why predict in the negative? Unless of course you're a pessimist...oh yeh that's right
It is called realistic. You can live in fantasy land I will live in Melbourne. Do I want to be right. No.
Your predictions are negative not realistic...they never have been and never will be. By the way how do I live in fantasy land - where have I made any predictions....or are you just making up more negative BS
Why is it negative to say it will be very hard to replace any of the top 5 sides. They finished at least 3 games clear and apart from Geelong are all younger than us. That is realistic. That is fact. Maybe we just sit around holding hands and say how good we are because we arent allowed to be realistic. What a lot of crap. I will continue to post realistic stuff and you can continue to hold hands and let others say how good we are. Lets not even discuss our side. Lets just say we will win the flag afterall we known for winnings flags.
You said impossible to remove them from the top 4 like it is factual, it is an opinion based on some idea that only Lenny and Roo can have any benefit to the team. I didn't realize that the only way you can win is by having young players. Maybe you should hold hands more often and stop holding yourself.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You said impossible to remove them from the top 4 like it is factual, it is an opinion based on some idea that only Lenny and Roo can have any benefit to the team. I didn't realize that the only way you can win is by having young players. Maybe you should hold hands more often and stop holding yourself.
I never said it like fact at all. i explained why it would be hard. Interesting point though you bring up as you seem to be arguing with yourself. You say that I said our improvement will come from only Lenny and Rooy but then you say I said the only way you can improve is having young players. Which is it? Please explain yourself. Strange very strange.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

How dare you people express any optimism!

The Sheriff of misery will seize your prozac and run you out of town.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:How dare you people express any optimism!

And how dare people choose to give reasons why it will hard to improve. As I said maybe we just hold hands and sing lovely little songs together. Wouldnt it be a great site if we all just said plus one all the time.

And of course you havent said anything realistic or negative this season. The pots kettles and blacks are taking over.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

And how dare people choose to give reasons why it will hard to improve. As I said maybe we just hold hands and sing lovely little songs together. Wouldnt it be a great site if we all just said plus one all the time.

And of course you havent said anything realistic or negative this season. The pots kettles and blacks are taking over.
Begs the question, do we rebuild now then or do we have one last shot?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

It's always hard to improve. Yet every year some teams do.

And of course you havent said anything realistic or negative this season.
No need for me to say anything negative. That angle is well and truly covered.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Begs the question, do we rebuild now then or do we have one last shot?
I still think we need to have one last shot. As I have said will be hard to get into the top 4 but not impossible even though some seem to think I have said that. We need a lot of luck and a couple other sides no such luck. We need Rooy and lenny fit and a better start to the year from Joey and BJ. Also need continued improvement from Jack and Ben. Als need Gilbert to get back close to his best and finally and maybe most importantly a tweak in the game plan. Not to much but just a lightly diffeent game plan.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Geelong were absolutely smashed by collingwood last year....ablett 43 possesions

The oldest list in footy...

Lost the best player by a mile...

Won 2 grand finals and lost the hunger

No Way could they could climb the mountain again......end of an era

Nothing is set in stone.....otherwise we would just hand out silverware to whom the media.....and self righteous knobs believe will win

Of course we can win it in 2012

Why
Nick Riewoldt....AA 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009 (capt)
Sam Fisher.....AA 2008
Nick Dal Santo......AA 2005, 2009, 2011
Lenny Hayes.....AA 2003, 2005, 2010
Leigh Montagna......AA 2009, 2010
Stephen Milne.......AA 2011
Brendon Goddard.......AA 2009, 2010

Clint Jones..... Elite Tagger
Sean Dempster....Elite Tagger

Ben McEvoy, Jack Steven, Brett Peake, David Armitage....Most Improved Players 2011
Sam Gilbert, James Gwilt, Zac Dawson, Jarryn Geary, Clint Jones......Improved Players 2008-2010

Gram, Schnieder, Ray, Koschitzke......good core players

Siposs, walsh, cripps, ledger, winmar, Lynch, simpkin....impressive future players

Players win games of footy.......we have enough good ones

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:+2 to what Richter said, except I'm a sceptic about Carlton's potential to go much higher. They remind me of the Bombers towards the end of Sheedy's reign: some great players, can beat anyone on their day, but generally a few seconds off the pace.
The problem is they finished about 3 games ahead of us. Why would they drop down. There are young side with plenty of upside. We are old side hoping 2 injured players can at least get us 3 extra wins and that being Lenny and Rooy. If you were looking from the outside we cant possibly pass any of the top 5 sides.
Well, you could easily be right about us (or not) but I remain of the view that Carlton is not likely to overtake any of the 4 PF teams next year.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I have a repeat prescription.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

It's part of the membership package. :shock:

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

It's part of the membership package. :shock:
Now that's not a bad idea. :)
Ok I'll continue my membership.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Am I delusional

tony74 wrote:Maybe it was the bintangs, maybe it was the bar girls dressed in their Saints hats and scarves ( sorry matrix ) but I cant help but think our current team with a bit more flair and attacking gameplan would have beaten both those teams. Bring on the new coach I say. There is gold in them hills saintsationalists- Now back to those bintangs, scarves and hats................ if only we had rosettes
I still don't know if I'm delusional but I can tell you based on my head and wallet the bintangs had a say in it