Take this FWIW !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:I'd be happy with Watters, but if there is one thing that rings true for us its our old motto of "expect the unexpected". If i recall correctly Lyon wasnt in the frame for our coaching role until the very last minute.

If anyone would have told me 12 months, we would have had our players willies all over the media, a bogus school girl scandal, a pre-season training camp incident in NZ, then won 1 out of the first 7 games, but still made the finals - only to have our coach walk out with 1 year on his contract remaining and accept a coaching offer from Freo who werent even in the market for a coach, .... well I reckon I would have given you 100 to 1 on that.

So no - I wont be surprised if the person who gets the job is a name that isnt even currenlty being discussed.
2011, the funniest season I can recall. :lol:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
matrix
Saintsational Legend

close

i spoke to mick last monday gone

he'll be here after going back to back he said
said he couldnt help bucks any more than he already has and that if he isnt ready thats his fault for being a dumbass.

will bring watters with him
so dont panic

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Neeld will be a good coach and would have been my first choice, Then sanderson, then fresh air. Ross really f***ed up our timing.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Take this FWIW !

satchmo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: dont think we would put together such a comprehensive selection panel to rubber stamp someone. i would say the job is wide open and will any decision weeks away.
Panels are to appease the media and supporters. Who gives a stuff what most of those people think?
Well if that's the case we should have picked a more half assed panel then. Can't imagine all these people on the panel are just wanting to waste their time as part of the charade.
You woulld think they would at least want to talk to scott watters first. I think he as good a chance as anyone but no way he can be over the line.

And melbourne hardly bothered with a panel. they just relied on gary lyon 'eyeballing him'. So I think we are genuinely going to have an open and full interview process. Especially now we are the only club left looking. No need for us to rush it now.