A Tale of Two Knees...and a new coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MadDogMuir

Game Style not a reason

You only need to look at our quality kickers of the ball. They manage. Look at other clubs who can kick the ball well (e.g. Hawthorn, Geelong and Collingwood). It's not about practice alone. It is an innate ability. Some people (e.g. Clint Jones) will never be a good kick.

Statistics used are often termed as clangers or turn overs. I'd like to see another statistic listed: "Cost the side a goal" for a skill error. That should not only include a shocking turnover or unnecessary 50 metre, but it should also include lining up within 40 metres and missing a goal unless you are REALLY on the boundary on your wrong side.

I do agree Roo should be at full forward. Kozi needs to be the second ruck when we use one, and no more. He also needs to learn how to palm the ball. I'm not sure he has the awareness and smarts to learn that. I'd give Collingwood our round 20 pick for Dawes and use him at full forward.