Maybe the administration did fail Lyon?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
The Craw wrote:
In the end the Karma police will even it up.
And we all know that the Karma Police wear purple!

ro$$ has shown his true colours. The purple people eaters will get mighty nervous if they don't get instant results, given that there has been some pretty ugly publicity from all this. He will carry that baggage around with him til he drops.

And now we all know his take on loyalty, he will have a hard time using that to convince players/staff to hang around. But I do wonder why they bothered with a contract at all?
Excellent points.

I think many of us took the lines fed over the eyars about Lyon being a person of true character and a man of his word.

Without knowing the person, it seemed he was that type of person. Players, officials, media all talked about him being a person of the upmost integrity.

Grant Thomas said on Lyons appointment to the Saints coaching job that he tried to lure Lyon as assistant coach but because he was contracted to Sydney as an assistant he was honour bound to stay at Sydney.

I took that as a sign of a man with ethics and character.

Well how dissapointing it is when you see the true colours of an individual come out with such ruthlessness and duplicity.

Anything, anything this man has said and will say is now tarnished because of his duplicity.

The greatest mercenary in the game.

I for one am saddened to see the shattering of the illusion when it comes to this blokes character.

But we move on and we will get someone who want to coach us and we saddle up and go for that flag in 2012.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
georgie girl
Club Player

Quote from 'Skeptic' (Stuffed up when I did my post)......
"The gamble for him is that Freo is the last club he will eer coach IMO. If he doesn't deliver at Freo, he's finished - if he does, he'll never leave[/quote]"

With the money he is on - won't matter if he never coaches again!
Last edited by georgie girl on Sat 17 Sep 2011 12:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Your coach is like your top players.
If you want them - you lock them away.

Our incompetent Board left him manging for 6 months - from April till September.
In an environment where coaching vacancies were certain to come up.

No use that incompetent clown Westaway now looking stunned and saying he thought the deal was done.
He should have done it in April.

AGREE 100%

Gotta love the board inserting get out clauses.

When the trust was not given why should it be returned?

Board/ Westaway had a frosty relationship with Lyon almost from the get go and hedged their bets when the initial contract was extended a couple of years ago by inserting get out clauses and then again by not signing him up in April.

Lyon is a brilliant coach and we should have backed him for the long term!

On the back of back to back Grand Finals the board still remained unconvinced!

Should have signed him up on an extended contract in October 2010!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone with a clue could see this coming and the door was left ajar by THIS BOARD because of the get out clauses in the contract THAT THIS BOARD INCLUDED!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

screw him
greedy schmuck

im over it now
both parties agreed to wait

he waited alright
then bailed

bye bye
we'll move on and get better
and i for one am looking forward to it

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Our incompetent Board left him manging for 6 months - from April till September.

No use that incompetent clown Westaway now looking stunned and saying he thought the deal was done.

AGREE 100%

Board/ Westaway had a frosty relationship with Lyon almost from the get go and hedged their bets when the initial contract was extended a couple of years ago by inserting get out clauses and then again by not signing him up in April.

Anyone with a clue could see this coming and the door was left ajar by THIS BOARD because of the get out clauses in the contract THAT THIS BOARD INCLUDED!
I reckon I've read similar comments to these 1,000s of times.

I reckon it's been on this forum 99.9% of the time.

Of those, I reckon 99.99% have been penned by you.

Just like Gillard it appears your message is not cutting through.

Here's a thought. Maybe you're wrong :idea:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I would add that the whole thing looks far worse because of Lyon's shocking performance at his press conference, which I have only just had time to watch.

Bagging the Saints - a total no-no, he should never have done it.

Career coach - tick

Family always comes first - tick

The Freo offer was far better in lots of ways (not just $$$) than what the saints could offer and I had no choice but to take it - tick

We've gone along way together and it was time for me to move on and let some fresh ideas into the club - he didn't quite say this, but he should have

the saints are a great club and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity they gave me when I was a nobody - should have said this too

I blame the saints for not trying harder to keep me - never, never, ever under any circumstances say this unless you think they were actually trying to get rid of you

very, very poor performance. Won him no friends in the AFL world
What about the line he used when he said he was unaware of the Harvey situation? He was aware that he and Harvey both used ESP and he had to use his own lawyers.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Excellent points.

I think many of us took the lines fed over the eyars about Lyon being a person of true character and a man of his word.

Without knowing the person, it seemed he was that type of person. Players, officials, media all talked about him being a person of the upmost integrity.

Grant Thomas said on Lyons appointment to the Saints coaching job that he tried to lure Lyon as assistant coach but because he was contracted to Sydney as an assistant he was honour bound to stay at Sydney.

Well how dissapointing it is when you see the true colours of an individual come out with such ruthlessness and duplicity.

Anything, anything this man has said and will say is now tarnished because of his duplicity.

I for one am saddened to see the shattering of the illusion when it comes to this blokes character.

But we move on and we will get someone who want to coach us and we saddle up and go for that flag in 2012.

The SIMPLETON'S VIEW

Perhaps/ OBVIOUS Lyon was frustrated in having to deal with incompetents who were worried that he had too much control and were trying to white ant him

as opposed to backing him in

How can you blame the guy!

this site is full of vacuous and gullible nuffies

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Rubbish Enrico. If contract was redone in April with a 1win 7loss record and nearly 2 years to go under the existing contract, I for one amongst many others would then be calling the Board incompetent. Instead all agreed to defer contract negotiations till the end of the season and that is what you call logical and intelligent. Is it a case of "let's just leave that point out of discussion to give grounds to slander the Board".

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
matrix
Saintsational Legend

christ you must be related to him, you know an aweful lot 8-)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Excellent points.

The SIMPLETON'S VIEW

Perhaps/ OBVIOUS Lyon was frustrated in having to deal with incompetents who were worried that he had too much control and were trying to white ant him

as opposed to backing him in

How can you blame the guy!

this site is full of vacuous and gullible nuffies
more like two or three gerbils who walk around with a rear vision mirror on their shoulder while sucking on a lemon.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sat 17 Sep 2011 1:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
oldtrout

Personally i am over it, it was a pretty good ride now it's over let's move on to the next better 1

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Barks, Enrico, why are you both so sure he had an intention to sign?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Barks, Enrico, why are you both so sure he had an intention to sign?
Don't question them K!

They know; THEY KNOW :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

As I said in another thread, if he asks for an extension you can either say yes or no or maybe later.... but you shouldn't be too surprised if he makes other arrangements when he doesn't hear yes.

If the board had reservations about the man and his style, they obviously were over them last week when they offered him what he wanted way back then.

That's if the story about his request in April is totally correct.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote: But I do wonder why they bothered with a contract at all?
WHO WAS IT AGAIN WHO INSERTED THE GET OUT CLAUSES?

The initial contract signed by the previous administration did mean that he had a REAL contract until these bumbling and stumbling fools inserted this nonsense making Lyon's position tenuous at best

MEANING because of these FOOTY FIRST CLOWNS he could stay or go at anytime of his or their choosing

WHY would you do that when you have a brilliant coach who other clubs might hunt

the board were unconvinced even after back to back Grand Finals

Westaway and Warne would share similar opinion about Lyon

Ross Lyon has done nothing wrong

The board and Westaway are totally incompetent and they have managed to stuff this up monumentally

matrix
Saintsational Legend

and didnt he say that both parties agree to GET OUT CLAUSES incase the club is going to become unfinancial??
did i not hear that from the horses mouth???

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

AGREE 100%

There's a first time for everything so they say!

BUT NOT THIS TIME!

The board is to blame for this mess and for letting it get to this.

WHO INSERTED THE GET OUT CLAUSES?

WHY WERE THEY INSERTED IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Answer these two question correctly and you'll start in on the right answer

Who know you and the vacuous numbnuts who over run this site might even get a clue sometime, but I seriously doubt it!

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I'll throw my thoughts in :

i) Situation - Club not doing too well in April. Coach wants an unconditional 4 year contract.
Club considerations - he's got 18 months to run on a contract. He's a bit difficult to deal with (my assumption). Let's wait a couple of months.

ii) Situation - end of season is approching. Saints are winning again & may make finals. Clubs are sacking coaches. The market is very competitive.
Club consideration - do we want Ross? Should we tie him up now?
The Mistake - at this point, the Club should have spoken to Ross and offered a contract, as they wanted to keep him.

iii) Situation - end of our season.
Club considerations - yes we want Ross. Let's make him the best offer we can.
Ross ( my opinion) - not happy with the way things have been handled by the Club. A few underlying issues/problems.

iv) Freo makes contact. Ross see's an opportunity. Decides that he will look after himself - stuff the Saints, I'm OK.

** Goodbye Ross, thanks for your services. We'll now look after ourselves!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

AGREE 100%

There's a first time for everything so they say!

BUT NOT THIS TIME!

The board is to blame for this mess and for letting it get to this.

WHO INSERTED THE GET OUT CLAUSES?

WHY WERE THEY INSERTED IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Answer these two question correctly and you'll start in on the right answer

Who know you and the vacuous numbnuts who over run this site might even get a clue sometime, but I seriously doubt it!
If getting a clue means I end up as bitter as you then I'm happy to remain clueless. 

And to enjoy following the St Kilda Football Club.

But thanks for the advice anyway :P

Moods
Saintsational Legend

+1

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I am intrigued to know B4E, why it is that whenever anyone has dealings with our club that go awry in some way, you always lay the blame exclusively at the feet of our club??

It would appear clear that Lyon was aware that our list is in need of some re-jigging and he has no interest in that, especially when the purple haze has a f****** big sack of resources dollars.

Irelelvant of anything else, he wanted out and was going to get what he wanted. As for us not getting a contract extension in place quick enough, he had another YEAR !!!!! to go. So it's all smoke and mirrors.

Contracts in the AFL are not worth the paper they are printed on, so all your repetitive rambling bulls*** dissing our board is misdirected angst as a result of your failure to accept that the club moved to SEaford. You know what, I live on the Peninsula, as do a bunch of other Saints supporters, and I love Seaford. Banger lives in Mt Eliza and I reckon he rates Seaford too.

Get over it!!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:and didnt he say that both parties agree to GET OUT CLAUSES incase the club is going to become unfinancial??
did i not hear that from the horses mouth???

oh dear

do you believe everything you hear AND seriously what point are you making anyway

:roll:

oh ok, so Ross Lyon used the get out clause because the club are bankrupt and could not pay him the money he was owed

I didn't know this, strange that it has not been reported anywhere

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:As I said in another thread, if he asks for an extension you can either say yes or no or maybe later.... but you shouldn't be too surprised if he makes other arrangements when he doesn't hear yes.

If the board had reservations about the man and his style, they obviously were over them last week when they offered him what he wanted way back then.

That's if the story about his request in April is totally correct.

EXACTLY

The board hedged their bets and then too late realised they might lose him

Once you have a coach generally regarded as being one of the very best

a truly professional organization would have signed up Lyon WITHOUT GET OUT CLAUSES that could be enacted at any time and in this instance would have done so last October

The very first time these clowns dealt with Lyon they inserted a get out clause that did not exist in the original contract

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: oh dear

do you believe everything you hear

oh dear

do you disbelieve everything you hear

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

RL was not a Saints man... nor a great coach, we lost our window of opportunity with him and we missed out on some talented youth for the future... with his penchant for recycled has beens.

RL had a mature talented side at its peak - and wasted the opportunity.

a Poor Coach and Character who's now left a mess.

Bye, Bye .. Mr RL. and thanks a lot.
Last edited by samoht on Sat 17 Sep 2011 2:00pm, edited 1 time in total.