Gilbert contracted to GWS would you do this?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rosco
Club Player

jays wrote:gilbert is contracted next year
yeah the thread title is a bit misleading. he's asking whether we should trade our contracted player gilbert to the GWS for something.

older saint
SS Life Member

Sorry re title hit enter before re read it.

Couple points to clarify:
* players picked "rights" can be held by GWS for 2 years ( this and next years draft).
* Depending on age and which year determines if can play but I believe if they are eligible for the draft in that year they can play.
* IF GWS do not trade these players they go in to the National draft 2012 and they get nothing for this.
* Not necessarily number 1 picj has to be traded first negotiations made for specific player which GWS will have nominated.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I would have no complaints about Sam Gilbert leaving the club for a quality rookie player.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
DK27
Club Player

Apparently Gold Coast are offering pick 4 for O'Meara. Is Gilbert and our first round pick a better deal than that? Probably YES.
After O'Meara is Crouch, also a fast midfielder with great skills on both sides so either would be good. Just what we need actually. Both All Australian this year as under aged players. Would probably both go very high in this years draft if old enough. O'Meara top 5 and Crouch top 10.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

i'd be getting rid of the rest of our useless kicks before moving gilbert on.

You can carry a few guys who are ordinary by foot, but not half a team.

Gilberts upside is huge, and his kicking wouldn't hurt us anywhere near as much when he has more blokes around him who can kick it.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Gilbert has no right side at all and in all honesty limited football ability, unacceptable at this level. Granted he was excellent in 2009, the whole team was. If GC or GWS like him, do a deal.