If Ross goes I don't want that Collingwood chap.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:I'm just hoping we might be able to lure Malcolm Blight out of retirement… Maybe if we offer him really big $ on a long term deal?
I'm sure Malcolm wouldn't give a rat's tossbag about it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Maklom wrote:MM coming across to us would lose 10,000 - 15,000 members. Do you seriously think this board would entertain it if he was up for it?

Then again...we are talking about a St Kilda board here so...
I actually think our membership would stay the same or increase slightly compared to probably 5k drop whoever else coaches next year.

bergsone
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Maklom wrote:MM coming across to us would lose 10,000 - 15,000 members. Do you seriously think this board would entertain it if he was up for it?

Then again...we are talking about a St Kilda board here so...
I actually think our membership would stay the same or increase slightly compared to probably 5k drop whoever else coaches next year.
If its all about membership if RL goes,appoint R.Harvey coach,A.Jones ass,get back Maxi and Spud that should do the job :wink:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:Mark Neeld on the other hand...
Neeld and sanderson are widely suggested as a major contribution to their clubs successes, either of those guys would be nice. Old school coaches are propped on these guys thinking.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Has Ross Lyon been given enough of an opportunity to succeed?
I think Ross has been given every opportunity and I'm a liitle annoyed and confused about Ross's reactions and expressions in the coaches box. I see him turning around and whinging and complaining about what's going on out there. Is he saying 'see I told you that would happen, gee why can't he kick straight, is that the fifith time Dawson has crashed a pack without actually spoiling the footy'...
He can't keep fronting up post match and say; "we lost it in the selection committee or we weren't skilful enough!" It's your job Ross. You have been ultimately responsible for the match day line-up. You are responsible for the playing list and providing the environment for success... you Ross are responsible for encouraging and motivating your players. The buck has stopped with you for the last 5 yrs.
I don't know if he's going, but I'm 100% confident that we will be a better team and have a better chance of reaching the summit with a new coach. The players need a new coach...The players deserve a new coach!!