RL saves worst for last !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OMG.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:OMG.
Pluggger he said himself that we probably lost it at match committee.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Why is that? Ben was our best clearly tonight so who else should have played? We lost because we are an average team and when you are that you can get beaten by other average teams.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Why is that? Ben was our best clearly tonight so who else should have played? We lost because we are an average team and when you are that you can get beaten by other average teams.
He said that we didn't pay enough attention to O'Keefe, Shaw and Hanneberry

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Well he is 100% right. Iatake it back but we did actually pick the right side. Anyway we are just an average side. We beat really no one apart from WCE. I refuse to comment on round 24.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Set up - pressure

bobmurray wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Whenever Goddard goes head to head like ge did with okeefe tonight his opponent slaughters us - why allow it. Damage was done when Goddard moved forward.
Goddard can't play man on man...that's why he always runs off pointing and gesticulating for someone to pick up his man....a freewheeler....
Agree, agree agree, "bobmurray".... my sentiments for the past two seasons. Goddard has sublime skills........ as long as he is not under pressure. Similar to Hodge (when free on backline for Hawks)and that gloved captain for the Pies ......... Maxwell) Watch Goddard under pressure during contested possessions, his handbals are generally poor, delivered to an who is not on the move or at the players bootstraps. Also he is not that good below his knees until the pace has gone out of the game. Not a great player of putting the block/shepard for a teamate who is putting their body in or when they are streaming through the field.

I can appreciate his setting up play with his exceptional footskills whn not under extreme pressure and his contested marking when he has a run at the mark (as against backing into a pack when one can see what is coming which players in our side of lesser skills (??????) do eg. Raph, Blake, Dempster.

Sublime skills he does have I admit and his pointing to the badge on his chest and employing the...."COME ON" is tribal and a littlebit exciting.

Sorry but to me it's all a bit wanting and a little bit egoistic. As I've said I acknowledge those sublime skills he has to set up play and demonstrate great contested marking ability. However I have doubts as to his value as a lleader........... his at time negative onfileld bodylanguage to team mates is less than desirable. Often they are making errors that he does not put himself into..ie throwing themselves into a pack and being exhausted by body on body contact that errodes their skills.

Then there are times when you see all his finger pointin/gestulating.
Usually it is when Goddard is on his own........... not under pressure. Something that is not team inducing and something that points to a future leader.
I excused him for a few years. I thought it was a problem he couldn't rid himself from being a champion schoolboy footballer who was better than his peers. Today I'm not so sure......Yep he's got skills but is often found wanting when he's put under pressure on skill for skill basis with AFL peers.
Last edited by loris on Sun 11 Sep 2011 4:39am, edited 1 time in total.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Well he is 100% right. Iatake it back but we did actually pick the right side. Anyway we are just an average side. We beat really no one apart from WCE. I refuse to comment on round 24.
Agree on all of that.

Where do you reckon we'll finish next year?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Agree on all of that.

Where do you reckon we'll finish next year?
Have no idea. i may be the worst person to ask these questions. Lenny back, jack and Ben better again, Rooy hopefully fit, Lose Sammy and one or two others. Top 6 at best. End of next year we bite the bullet.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Or bite it sooner

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Or bite it sooner
Pelchen may well choose that path