Fev on footy show

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Why does everyone think we stuffed up with Cousins?

Didnt anyone see his documentary....?

The bloke was an ice addict... and with all due respect probably still is,
agreed. completely destroyed Tigers.....I even heard their coach on TV bemoaning how much positive damage he'd done to the Tigers younger players...

phew....dodged a bullet there..

thank god for Lovett. :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:I'm no judge of character obviously.

I wanted Gardi and am a huge fan of him, I felt we could change his behaviour and did.

Never wanted Cuz and thought he would de-rail us - who knows how that may have turned out had he teamed up with Gardi.

Thought we could sort out Lovett's flaws - still reserved on this one but I believe the club made the absolutely correct decision at the time of hiring and firing.

f*** it, give Fev a go in 2012 if we are in the running, go after him.
your records not great is it?

I mean, definately no to Cuz cause he was gonna derail the Tigers at a time where I reckon our midfield was a "joel corey" short of the Cats,.....yet you thought Lovett was salvagable?

I too imagine what Gardiner (model citizen) could have done with Cuz in the side (they did end up in Melb at the same time.....oh the horror..)...just imagine the extra centre clearances in a GF...

and now u reckon Fevs a good bet???
LOL hey at least I admit it.

:shock: :D :wink:
lol ferk it only took you 4 yrs!!
No, on Cuz I still say he was a rat as a person and will go the way of his mentor eventually.

Football wise - now reserved having sat through the last few years.

I'm turning to the view of anything goes to win a flag.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Spinner surely you extracting the urine......you cant seriously believe what you posted....

Take opinions out of it and deal with the facts of the actual outcomes....

Cousins worked.....for obvious reasons.....that made him a champion to begin with

Lovett did not......for obvious reasons......that stopped him from ever reaching his potential or being considered more than handy....

Fev...... A real toss of th coin....

Yes, i would......whilst we can make top 4......we need something to bridge the gap

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

agreed. completely destroyed Tigers.....I even heard their coach on TV bemoaning how much positive damage he'd done to the Tigers younger players...

Such a sarcastic response for such a simplistic viewpoint.

Would you be any good at this game without hindsight. Everyone is a winner there.

Cousins' output extremely overrated. But im sure you watched him play numerous times. And how exactly have you measured the impact he had on their young players. Im curious to know how one measures something like that. Especially from a computer.

Fact: He was an ice addict. Banned 12 months from the game. Removed from captaincy and removed from his club.

Oh but he ended up playing a few games... got injured a bit... then played some more... then retired a 32 year old.

Definitely should have taken him.

Also bravo. You should have told Ross... and Brisbane.. and Port (both offering him more money) that Lovett was going to allegedly rape someone... then get charged... then go to trial... then get found not guilty.

In fact, you should have just warned Lovett about it. Bit like The Minority Report and all that pre-crime crapola.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Spinner surely you extracting the urine......you cant seriously believe what you posted....

Cousins worked.....for obvious reasons.....that made him a champion to begin with

Lovett did not......for obvious reasons......that stopped him from ever reaching his potential or being considered more than handy....

Yes, i would......whilst we can make top 4......we need something to bridge the gap

Why is it ok for you to put some facts up and not others. Here are the key facts... And clearly the ones that led to St Kilda making the deicisions they did.

And let me state, im not one of those following sheepys that agrees with the club - In fact I just to cop a fair load because I disagreed with so much there.

Cousins Fact: ICE addict

Lovett Fact: Hadnt been accused of raping someone during trade week.

Both could play. Lovett had 4 quality years left and filled a clear gap. Cousins was 30 and ill have a lend of my old friend 'higdsight' here... (BTW why is he so friendly with everyone on here?)... had a body that was slowing down and becoming injury prone. Fact.

Agree regarding Fevola. Risk isnt the same as Brisbanes. Id consider it because he wont be one $1m a year and didnt cost 80 first round draft picks.

Id consider, which is a reasonable thing to do in most situations in life. And id probably pursue.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
BigMart wrote:Spinner surely you extracting the urine......you cant seriously believe what you posted....

Why is it ok for you to put some facts up and not others. Here are the key facts... And clearly the ones that led to St Kilda making the deicisions they did.

And let me state, im not one of those following sheepys that agrees with the club - In fact I just to cop a fair load because I disagreed with so much there.

Cousins Fact: ICE addict

Lovett Fact: Hadnt been accused of raping someone during trade week.

Both could play. Lovett had 4 quality years left and filled a clear gap. Cousins was 30 and ill have a lend of my old friend 'higdsight' here... (BTW why is he so friendly with everyone on here?)... had a body that was slowing down and becoming injury prone. Fact.

Agree regarding Fevola. Risk isnt the same as Brisbanes. Id consider it because he wont be one $1m a year and didnt cost 80 first round draft picks.

Id consider, which is a reasonable thing to do in most situations in life. And id probably pursue.
As above pretty much.

My extra condition would be to have a 24 hour guard for Fev IF we got him.

Literally. Because he has a lot to offer in football terms.

Plugger66 must go to bed early.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Other facts

People get over addictions and reach high levels of success.....do yo understand that people can reform...

Lovett was charged by police for domestic violence and had a restraining order placed upon him for terrorizing his girlfriend...and was given a few kind words of advice by our skipper

Cousins was a supreme athlete, recognised as one of the hardest runners in the games history, and his training output was legendary

Lovett was a lazy overweight fat f*** who did his best to miss training....he couldnt beat blake mcgrath around the TAN

Cousins played 40 games for ricmond, costing the the last pick of the draft...on 200k and was loved at tigerland
Lovett played 0 games for us, costing us a first round pick and 1 million large, put our players (gram in particular through hell) and was hated by all his team mates

Other fact......I did not express either of these opinions....or my luke ball opinion in hindsight....that is well known, and i have been smashed for presenting these opinions...even after being proven right

Last fact..... Stk stuffed up....not the first or last time

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Other facts

People get over addictions and reach high levels of success.....do yo understand that people can reform...

Lovett was charged by police for domestic violence and had a restraining order placed upon him for terrorizing his girlfriend...and was given a few kind words of advice by our skipper

Cousins was a supreme athlete, recognised as one of the hardest runners in the games history, and his training output was legendary

Lovett was a lazy overweight fat f*** who did his best to miss training....he couldnt beat blake mcgrath around the TAN

Cousins played 40 games for ricmond, costing the the last pick of the draft...on 200k and was loved at tigerland
Lovett played 0 games for us, costing us a first round pick and 1 million large, put our players (gram in particular through hell) and was hated by all his team mates

Other fact......I did not express either of these opinions....or my luke ball opinion in hindsight....that is well known, and i have been smashed for presenting these opinions...even after being proven right

Last fact..... Stk stuffed up....not the first or last time

So someone that is an ice addict. One of the most addictive substances available CAN reform.

Yet someone involved in a domestic abuse incident CANNOT...?

I don't even think you understand what your saying.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Didn't anyone see his i/v on the footy show?

I've stopped gambling - oh yeah, I still play poker with my mates occasionally and have some 'harmless fun' there.

I've stopped drinking, although I do have the occasional beer.

Gee it's tempting to have a GENUINE 2nd fwd to assist Roo, but bloody hell it's a MASSIVE risk. The bloke is a ticking time bomb, and I'm not sure we can afford another one of those.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I'm getting on the band wagon. of course some sensible types will scoff but what have we got to lose. We are going to be terrible for a few years starting 2013 in any case . We should take the risk. Its too late to be sensible now anyway. we can go back to being sensible for a 5 year rebuild starting 2013.
how many drinks have you had tonight Con?
None pav. What's your beef ?
We are going to be in total re build mode in 2 years. We have one last shot next year. The fev could get us there. He is injury free and he consistently kicks goals.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I'm getting on the band wagon. of course some sensible types will scoff but what have we got to lose. We are going to be terrible for a few years starting 2013 in any case . We should take the risk. Its too late to be sensible now anyway. we can go back to being sensible for a 5 year rebuild starting 2013.
We are going to be in total re build mode in 2 years. We have one last shot next year. The fev could get us there. He is injury free and he consistently kicks goals.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

One is behavioural

One is substance

Which is easier to remove??

Or should we just look at the actual results....

One was tested every week and passed......one went from strength to strength.....

It only cost us a million and a possible ten year player....not much, worth the punt....

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

who says we stuffed up with cousins?

And it was just bad PR that the AFL was trying to avoid that didn't catch him on the sauce.

as for renewing our list, wow, another 30 year old that will freshen us up.

As for the review, there are apparently a whole list of problems with fev that Carlton saw them want to give him away for free and couldn't believe the joke Brisbane paid with players and picks for him! :roll:

maybe we can get matty lloyd out of retirement, or even plugger.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:One is behavioural

One is substance

Which is easier to remove??

Or should we just look at the actual results....

One was tested every week and passed......one went from strength to strength.....

It only cost us a million and a possible ten year player....not much, worth the punt....
I've come to the realisation that you create facts to assist your argument. Won't try explaining my point anymore - not worth it.

Especially as your arguement is now that's it's easier to reform from a substance abuse issue than a behaviour one.

Doubt you're a psychologist, doubt a lot of other things.

What I will say is go research the substance ice. It's not that frozen stuff from the freezer when you make water really cold.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yep lets get Fev but then we have to either not play walsh at all or he has to be tried back again where there isnt spots. And another thing is we may struggle to fit Kosi into a side with Fev in it as well. Could imagine a forward line with Fev and Kosi together. We may get a few goals but the opposition backline would be just racking up possessions and setting up their goals from our forward line. Would look very similar to the first half of last week every week.

And for those who thought we had bad publicity early this year and that helped cause poor form then expect worse next season especially if he does even the slightest thing wrong. Yep may cost nothing to us but may cost us plenty.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Yep lets get Fev but then we have to either not play walsh at all or he has to be tried back again where there isnt spots. And another thing is we may struggle to fit Kosi into a side with Fev in it as well. Could imagine a forward line with Fev and Kosi together. We may get a few goals but the opposition backline would be just racking up possessions and setting up their goals from our forward line. Would look very similar to the first half of last week every week.

And for those who thought we had bad publicity early this year and that helped cause poor form then expect worse next season especially if he does even the slightest thing wrong. Yep may cost nothing to us but may cost us plenty.
+1

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

totally wrong. You never "get over" an addiction. You are an addict for life.

So another of "your" facts.
BigMart wrote:Lovett was charged by police for domestic violence and had a restraining order placed upon him for terrorizing his girlfriend...and was given a few kind words of advice by our skipper
Yeah, we all know that. So that means that every bloke who has been a prick and hit a woman will go on to allegedly rape one. is that whot you are suggesting?

BigMart wrote:Cousins was a supreme athlete, recognised as one of the hardest runners in the games history, and his training output was legendary
Was is the operable word. WAS a supreme athlete at WCE, got into drugs, got crazy hooked, was suspended for a year, and was cooked by the time Richmond took him.
BigMart wrote:Lovett was a lazy overweight fat f*** who did his best to miss training....he couldnt beat blake mcgrath around the TAN
More facts or opinion?
BigMart wrote:Cousins played 40 games for ricmond, costing the the last pick of the draft...on 200k and was loved at tigerland
And how did Richmond perform in the finals while super athlete Benny was there?
BigMart wrote:Lovett played 0 games for us, costing us a first round pick and 1 million large, put our players (gram in particular through hell) and was hated by all his team mates
So he was so "hated" by his teammates he was out drinking with them on the night he allegedly raped (consequently found not guilty BTW) a woman.

If he was "hated by all his teammats", why was he out drinking with them? More of your own private facts?

BigMart wrote:Other fact......I did not express either of these opinions....or my luke ball opinion in hindsight....that is well known, and i have been smashed for presenting these opinions...even after being proven right
So you knew he was going to be charged with rape.

lol - OK then. And how were you "proven right"? Lovett was found NOT GUILTY by a court of law, who unlike you, had ALL of the FACTS laid out for them.

BigMart wrote:Last fact..... Stk stuffed up....not the first or last time
Lets face it, you cant tell the difference between fact and your own opinion.

You say you were banned for a week? Funny, I just thought you went missing because we won two games and you had nothing to moan about. :roll:

Your facts are not facts at all, just ignorant opinion, which you are entitled to.
You are entitled to your own opinion, you are NOT entitled to your own facts.

But you seem incapable of comprehending this at all.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

totally wrong. You never "get over" an addiction. You are an addict for life.

So another of "your" facts.
BigMart wrote:Lovett was charged by police for domestic violence and had a restraining order placed upon him for terrorizing his girlfriend...and was given a few kind words of advice by our skipper
Yeah, we all know that. So that means that every bloke who has been a prick and hit a woman will go on to allegedly rape one. is that whot you are suggesting?

BigMart wrote:Cousins was a supreme athlete, recognised as one of the hardest runners in the games history, and his training output was legendary
Was is the operable word. WAS a supreme athlete at WCE, got into drugs, got crazy hooked, was suspended for a year, and was cooked by the time Richmond took him.
BigMart wrote:Lovett was a lazy overweight fat f*** who did his best to miss training....he couldnt beat blake mcgrath around the TAN
More facts or opinion?
BigMart wrote:Cousins played 40 games for ricmond, costing the the last pick of the draft...on 200k and was loved at tigerland
And how did Richmond perform in the finals while super athlete Benny was there?
BigMart wrote:Lovett played 0 games for us, costing us a first round pick and 1 million large, put our players (gram in particular through hell) and was hated by all his team mates
So he was so "hated" by his teammates he was out drinking with them on the night he allegedly raped (consequently found not guilty BTW) a woman.

If he was "hated by all his teammats", why was he out drinking with them? More of your own private facts?

BigMart wrote:Other fact......I did not express either of these opinions....or my luke ball opinion in hindsight....that is well known, and i have been smashed for presenting these opinions...even after being proven right
So you knew he was going to be charged with rape.

lol - OK then. And how were you "proven right"? Lovett was found NOT GUILTY by a court of law, who unlike you, had ALL of the FACTS laid out for them.

BigMart wrote:Last fact..... Stk stuffed up....not the first or last time
Lets face it, you cant tell the difference between fact and your own opinion.

You say you were banned for a week? Funny, I just thought you went missing because we won two games and you had nothing to moan about. :roll:

Your facts are not facts at all, just ignorant opinion, which you are entitled to.
You are entitled to your own opinion, you are NOT entitled to your own facts.

But you seem incapable of comprehending this at all.

+8million

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
What is beef?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Such a sarcastic response for such a simplistic viewpoint.

Would you be any good at this game without hindsight. Everyone is a winner there.

Cousins' output extremely overrated. But im sure you watched him play numerous times. And how exactly have you measured the impact he had on their young players. Im curious to know how one measures something like that. Especially from a computer.

Fact: He was an ice addict. Banned 12 months from the game. Removed from captaincy and removed from his club
First up I had to delete the rest of your post as utter cr@p.
Second, IF we are going to use terms like "hindsight" it pays to actually:

(a) understand what is meant by that
(b) use them in context.

I openly supported "pre-decision" that St Kilda take Ben Cousins because he could add to our midfield.....hindsight?....lol. I do agree however, your views are simplistic.

Lets explore your logic.....according to you a PROVEN Brownlow Medallist Champion who uses the ball well, spreads from congestion and kicks goals had no place in our midfield offering better depth than Mqualter???....please tell me you wont ever be coaching will you?....

Oh an while we are all about "FACTS" on measuring Cousins output - I don't assume, I go from experts in front of computers and behind...I mean Im sure you're going to tell Damian Hardwick that he's got it all wrong when he PUBLICLY states just how good Cousins was for the Tigers...especially in teaching their younger mids...heck...Im sure Jack Stevens learnt more off Mqualter in your world....

Aparently "Im a computer expert"... but you declare Ben Cousins output as overrated??? - just exactly how did you measure his performances to reach that conclusion Einstein? in direct contrast to his coach?...I smell a hypocrit...and not a bright one...

Oh, but that's right....Bens a crack head....I mean we are all about the moral high ground at St Kilda - just ask Lovett....the football ability comes way down the list as long as we model fine young citizens... :roll:

Lets have 1 last FACT genius: Who caused more public humiliation/embarrassment for their club - Cousins for Tigers or Lovett for St Kilda????

LAST FACT I promise: Who paid more with draft picks for their "star"????

Genius. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

deleted

“Yeah….nah””
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Ross is a seriously hard bastard who demands absolute commitment and ruthlessly high levels of fitness.

Fev is undisciplined. Fev is fat. I can see the merit in him in our lineup if he was fit and firing, but it's so an unrealistic discussion to be having.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I was told he was ejected from a Beaconfield pub a few weeks ago for unruly behavour...

Whether that's true or not I don't know

A born d!ckhead can only put on a reformed act for so long

Bring back the Lockett era
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
What is beef?
Dunno, but a few on here are "having a cow" :P

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
What is beef?
Dunno, but a few on here are "having a cow" :P
more likely a MAD cow :lol:

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?: