More chance than plain history shows

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:As unrealistic as it may be, we still need to treat this as our last real shot at a flag for awhile, I heard Joey saying that the pressure is off this year and that it's a bit of a free swing… that may be partly true but you'd hope they don't just expect to make top 4 next year, there could easily be 8 better sides than us next year…

Great effort to make it back from where we were, but now we need to throw absolutely everything at it… we know what it's all about, let's "roll up our sleeves and get to work"!
Yep. Leave nothing behind to regret.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:It's going to be an interesting weekend, 12-13 degrees and rain, and our game is the only one under a roof. 8-)
That could impact the other games though, WCE is very tall...and maybe not used to playing in the rain?

Geelong and Hawks both love wet weather footy, so I could still see that one being pretty tight.

Carlton probably has more of an opportunity to win now with harder/seasoned bodies than Bombers?

What a cracker weekend of finals 8-)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

As long as half of each other team is decimated by serious injuries so we get an easy run I don't care about the others, just keep rollin Saints.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

History is history. If you're in it you can win it. It may be harder if you're lower down, but who cares? That will just make it even more of an achievement if you pull it off. They may be called "finals" but they're still just 4 games of footy. I'm pretty sure we can win 4 games of footy.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:History is history. If you're in it you can win it. It may be harder if you're lower down, but who cares? That will just make it even more of an achievement if you pull it off. They may be called "finals" but they're still just 4 games of footy. I'm pretty sure we can win 4 games of footy.
Rd 25 :wink:

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

History shows -
An inverse mathematical relationship exists between our (chances of) success and our Riewoldt-centricity.
Last edited by samoht on Mon 05 Sep 2011 11:30am, edited 1 time in total.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

We can call it whatever we like, but it's still just 4 games of footy. It will take an incredible effort, with a hell of a lot of hard work, but when does winning a premiership not involve all that? This year we also have the added benefit of little to no expectations on our shoulders, which may have weighed us down in the past two years. We have nothing to lose, lets just go out there and win!

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

[quote="SaintPav"]The firts half againts Carlton is a pretty good indication of where we sit against the teams above us. We will be very lucky to make a prelim and I'd be pretty happy with that. Anyway, this weeks game will be hard enough.[/quote]

The funny thing is I'm sure everyone involved in all 8 clubs are thinking exactly the same.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

A couple of ifs ..

If our bottom 6 players and top 6 players perform to the best of their ability and Schneider our barometer delivers and we kick straight - we will win the flag.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

IMO the most important thing is that we play as a team. None of this leaving it to one or two to carry us over the line s***.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Feel great. No pressure, anything from here is a bonus.
Like to see jack, ben, and armo get a final win under the belt.
Like to see walsh in as well.
Happy with one out of two.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:It's going to be an interesting weekend, 12-13 degrees and rain, and our game is the only one under a roof. 8-)
Hey it would also appear that the other big advantage we've got this year is if we make it to the prelim the team we will be playing will be coming off a bye.

Rosco
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
That could impact the other games though, WCE is very tall...and maybe not used to playing in the rain?

Geelong and Hawks both love wet weather footy, so I could still see that one being pretty tight.

Carlton probably has more of an opportunity to win now with harder/seasoned bodies than Bombers?

What a cracker weekend of finals 8-)
once we get past the swans hopefully the damp weather will take it's toll on geel/hawks and they will come out sluggish. they've got an extra day though, don't they?