The stuff of dreams!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Is the W word win the GF. I cant believe people think this game matters to the pies at all. I do agree though it is great confidence to Geelong but as we are on their side of the draw I dont find it that much fun.
Whose side are you on anyway?
Im on the Saints side. It seems others are on the Geelong side. I dont see the thrill of Geelong finding form because I think we will play them week 2 if everything works out well for us.
We can beat Geelong. We've proved it over a few seasons. Not sure about Collingwood.
Agreed! The point is in 04 & 05 we lost to teams we should have beaten. The idea of winning the grand final to me isn't a case of the best team on the day, it's a case of who has nursed themselves correctly to be in the best condition. Play our cards right, play the tough games early: we're a chance!

Who else just went down to the Collingwood rooms?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:...We can beat Geelong. We've proved it over a few seasons. Not sure about Collingwood.
Not in the last two games for Geelong, or Collingwood in the last 5. But more importantly, we need to beat Sydney first. OWAAT.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:..Who else just went down to the Collingwood rooms?
Chris Tarrant. It's all unravelling.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

This matters...

The filth may begin to question whether their game plan is unbeatable like many have said.

It's all about forcing them into uncharted territory, if you can do that they'll panic.

The Filth won't and can't change how they go about their footy, they've been sitting ducks all year...

They will start to question them selves, and now they lost the invinsible aoura the week before they finals.

This matters alright.
Last edited by Leo.J on Fri 02 Sep 2011 10:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Did someone mention the ''W'' word?

F*** I'd like to see them out in straight sets with a recurrence of the Colliwobbles.
Is the W word win the GF. I cant believe people think this game matters to the pies at all. I do agree though it is great confidence to Geelong but as we are on their side of the draw I dont find it that much fun.
They've lost Johnson and Tarrant and now Cloke's hobbling down the race and will lose to Geelong again.

I can't believe you don't think it matters, even a bit.
Injuries matter but the result means nil, nothing, zero. So far every injury unluckily doesnt look like anyone will miss.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

F*** I'd like to see them out in straight sets with a recurrence of the Colliwobbles.
Is the W word win the GF. I cant believe people think this game matters to the pies at all. I do agree though it is great confidence to Geelong but as we are on their side of the draw I dont find it that much fun.
They've lost Johnson and Tarrant and now Cloke's hobbling down the race and will lose to Geelong again.

Injuries matter but the result means nil, nothing, zero. So far every injury unluckily doesnt look like anyone will miss.
Just hope it's a f-cking template for tomorrow night. One more pub meal in Spencer St this year would be nice. I'm not selfish.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Just hope it's a f-cking template for tomorrow night. One more pub meal in Spencer St this year would be nice. I'm not selfish.
What this does show is we have no excuse tomorrow. The Blues have nothing to play for and we have everything. If we lose tomorrow no one can expect us to win the following week. Huge game and should win easily.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

If I was nasty person, I would say that it would be almost worthwhile travelling into Richmond on the train just to see the Collingwood supporters coming home. But I'm not, so I won't.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Result is your word.

I was referring to the game.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What this does show is we have no excuse tomorrow. The Blues have nothing to play for and we have everything. If we lose tomorrow no one can expect us to win the following week. Huge game and should win easily.
What's the point of the Blues going for it if it's close. They won't be prepared to kill themselves while we should and that will be the difference, I hope.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

We honestly need a win tomorrow! Get your backsides trackside to this one! A home final will make a hell of a difference to this finals campaign. Go Saints!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I agree

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Result is your word.

Sorry so was I. I cant beleive somehow this matters and us against Adelaide last year didnt end up mattering at all. They are practice games and when players cant switch on then this is the result as hopefully it should be tomorrow night if we are any good.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: The stuff of dreams!

perfectionist wrote:BTW, Geelong's use of the ball is hardly good news for us.
This is what worries me - forget the result.

We cant match that ball use from the Cats. Menzel and Duncan are very good players.

We desperately need more skill by foot/decision into our side IMHO.

“Yeah….nah””
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Memo to posters. When you quote someone, you don't have to re-quote twenty other posts that will extend your post to some considerable length. There is a little "delete"button on most computers which allows you to perform this operation. Thank you.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Saints v Hawks grand final.. Bookmark it.

Can't give you the result however, but gotta be in it to win it.

3rd time lucky??!!..

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Result is your word.

Sorry so was I. I cant beleive somehow this matters and us against Adelaide last year didnt end up mattering at all. They are practice games and when players cant switch on then this is the result as hopefully it should be tomorrow night if we are any good.
The only spanner is their bye. They may want to come out and try hard given their break. Otherwise, I would be sold that we would win well guaranteed.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

WC v StK? Dreams.... but please....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It would appear the wheels are falling off, but it must be said they have good depth.

I can't believe anyone is saying this doesn't matter though, it matters an awful lot surely?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:It would appear the wheels are falling off, but it must be said they have good depth.

I can't believe anyone is saying this doesn't matter though, it matters an awful lot surely?
Why does it matter and why didnt it matter when we played Adelaide last year? Seriously people either have short memories or dont follow clubs in other competitions when they play their last game of the year when nothing can happen. You know what does matter though, Geelong getting some confidence.
Last edited by plugger66 on Fri 02 Sep 2011 11:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Folks, this is why you never stop fighting.

You dont know what will happen to other teams.

GO SAINTERS.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:It would appear the wheels are falling off, but it must be said they have good depth.

Why does it matter and why didnt it matter when we played Adelaide last year? Seriously people either have short memories or dont follow clubs in other competitions when they play their last game of the year when nothing can happen.
This isn't just a little loss, this is an absolute spanking.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why does it matter and why didnt it matter when we played Adelaide last year? Seriously people either have short memories or dont follow clubs in other competitions when they play their last game of the year when nothing can happen.
This isn't just a little loss, this is an absolute spanking.
Yep and probably proves how little it matters. Easy to see why people change their mind weekly instead of looking at the bigger picture. Just look at the papers tomorrow. The bookies will be the only sensible ones when the odds hardly change at all.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:If I was nasty person, I would say that it would be almost worthwhile travelling into Richmond on the train just to see the Collingwood supporters coming home. But I'm not, so I won't.
If you were stupid you'd do that.

If you were stupid you'd think tonight's match is meaningful.

If you were stupid you'd think a couple of injuries to a team with enormous depth would make a difference.

Pies by plenty next week.

Plugger is right!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

My thoughts also Sainterk. Collingwood, being as cocky as they are thought they needed to just turn up. Geelong hasn't just beaten them, they've obliterated them! The filth aren't happy, their body language speaks volumes!

Collingwood didn't go into this game to lose!

Hang in there Saints! The prize could be closer than you think!
Last edited by St. Luke on Fri 02 Sep 2011 11:15pm, edited 1 time in total.