Positives heading into the finals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

With regards to the OP, I think it's a ripping assessment, bar a couple of players, the most glaring of which is Monty in the "improved" category. He's still racking them up but no where near as much as in the last two years. While he may be a bit wiser, I'd contest that disposal and decision making has never been and issue for him, and he was as good last year in that area as he's been this year.

Also not sure about Jones - has come into form but wouldn't say he's improved.

With regard to the lack of expectation and the contended "impossibility" of winning the flag from outside the top 4, I say this: One day, a team will win the flag from outside the top four. It's already happened, and it will happen again. We're almost perfectly placed to do it. If we beat Carlton, we WILL be perfectly placed. Just need that win over a top side to instill the confidence in the boys. They know what finals and grand finals are all about. One thing we can be sure of, they're not going to be overawed or caught off guard by the situations finals throw them. They're one of the most professional and organized units in the comp. They're "not out of their weight division." On top of that, we have one of if not THE best coach is the business.

Granted, we're going to need the rub of the green to turn severely in our favour. But after the rotten luck we've had this year, maybe we've got some good karma heading our way.

I believe it can happen.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."