"The midfield got obliterated"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Teflon wrote:
jonesy wrote:Nice tantrum from Ross in the conference....
where can I see/hear this?
Unsure,they showed it on fox tonight. Spat the dummy and walked out with a parting shot about the ground
Perspective,
Astonishing that different peple view the same piece of footgae) and come away with dimatrically opposite views of what they sae. (unless there was more footage that was not caontained in the linked clip?)

I saw no tantrum
I saw no dummy spit

I saw him react with disdain to a question from one 'journalist' that he'd answered previously.
He didn't raise his voice at all - he gave measured responses.
Yeah, I don't think anyone could call it a dummy spit!

He was certainly prickly, and pretty disrespectful to some of the journos present. For that, he may find himself in the firing line in future.

But he definitely didn't crack the sads or spit the dummy.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Unsure,they showed it on fox tonight. Spat the dummy and walked out with a parting shot about the ground
Perspective,
Astonishing that different peple view the same piece of footgae) and come away with dimatrically opposite views of what they sae. (unless there was more footage that was not caontained in the linked clip?)

I saw no tantrum
I saw no dummy spit

I saw him react with disdain to a question from one 'journalist' that he'd answered previously.

He was certainly prickly, and pretty disrespectful to some of the journos present. For that, he may find himself in the firing line in future.

The media will only 'go after him' if they can smell blood.

Malthouse treats them with absolute disdain and they 'lap it up'.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Perspective,

I saw no tantrum
I saw no dummy spit

Yeah, but he has a flag. AFL footy is so fickle, that if you've won one of them, you get a free pass for life (see Robert Walls).

If you haven't, you're fair game - no matter how close you've come. And the media are the most petty little creeps that they go after anyone who dares to not feed their distorted fantasy of actually being an important part of the game.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Perspective,

I saw no tantrum
I saw no dummy spit

Yeah, but he has a flag. AFL footy is so fickle, that if you've won one of them, you get a free pass for life (see Robert Walls).

If you haven't, you're fair game - no matter how close you've come. And the media are the most petty little creeps that they go after anyone who dares to not feed their distorted fantasy of actually being an important part of the game.
IMO Malthouse hasn't changed one iota in how he treats the media.
He was an ar$ehole before they won the flag, and he's just as big an ar$ehole now.

The mdia are a 'oack mentality' group.
Other than Patrick Smith on GT can you recall a single instance where they've actively targetted a coach that wasn't in any danger of being sacked?
And even in Pat Smith's case he eventually 'warmed' to GT and grudgingly gave him respect for the job he was doing at St Kilda.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: The mdia are a 'oack mentality' group.
Other than Patrick Smith on GT can you recall a single instance where they've actively targetted a coach that wasn't in any danger of being sacked?
And even in Pat Smith's case he eventually 'warmed' to GT and grudgingly gave him respect for the job he was doing at St Kilda.
It's not neccessarily targeting someone. It just means that they don't blame the list, the weak players, injuries, or anything else they can instead of the coach - like they did for their buddies like Eade and Wallace.

They'll question his game plan, his record in grand finals, start using emotive words and generally not cut him any slack.

As I said, and obviously it's only my opinion - but I reckon he only has 1 more of that type of press conference left before they turn on him.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: The mdia are a 'oack mentality' group.
It's not neccessarily targeting someone. It just means that they don't blame the list, the weak players, injuries, or anything else they can instead of the coach - like they did for their buddies like Eade and Wallace.

They'll question his game plan, his record in grand finals, start using emotive words and generally not cut him any slack.

As I said, and obviously it's only my opinion - but I reckon he only has 1 more of that type of press conference left before they turn on him.
I disagree.
I think he's become a 'favourite' among the regular attendees of post match pressers.
I sense an 'unease' with Sheahan - I think he's feeling neglected this year.
Maybe the Club has an unofficial policy of not giving the Hun (read Sheahan) too much (other than Mark Robinson, who seems to be an unabashed Lyon fan?)