Our forward line

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PJ
SS Life Member

This thread is directly tied into the bad selections thread. We've worked on the 3rd forward for sometime and we've been winning with Riewoldt not firing. The selection of Blake was an error there is no question of that. Should Gamble have kept his spot? Probably not as he's not put scoreboard pressure on. Lynch? Walsh? I think it's time.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The Selectors, the Coaching and poor Delivery let us down, not player endeavour :

Selectors - should never have gone for Blake, which was a conservative, save-the-game approach. It made a weak forward line, totally impotent.
If Gamble was fit either he or Walsh should have played.

Coaching - why Davis (BOG) was allowed to run free "all game" cost us dearly. Who was our "free" man across HB and how much did he contribute compared to Davis ?

Delivery - I have been saying this since last November - our kicking skills are disgraceful for "professional" football. Roo is being double teamed and then killed by poor delivery. Gettable shots for goal were missed.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

We need fevola, as much as everyone hates to admit..... we need a big forward...

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:I'll tell you what's concerning. Roo zero contested marks....Reid had three.
good point.
I thought Roo had turned the corner in this department a few weeks back against the kangas but he sure isn't sticking too many this year.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

We may well play Sydney again in the Finals. "Hopefully," having learnt from last night that we need more forward potency, it's about time that our Selectors gave Tommy Walsh a run - against Sydney would be a great learning curve for both he and the selectors, for future reference.

The question is - "are the Selectors prepared to be pro-active for a change" :?: :?: