FFS Lyon...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PJ
SS Life Member

but then I did have a crate of little green empty bottles next to me and a group of Bali bargirls wearing the Saints caps!!
Yes tony we got that no need to go on. :lol:

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:What a desperate, retarded thread.....attention seeking now..
Oh dear, using words like retarded, from a teacher as well :D
BigMart wrote:Look at me, look at me...
Oh the dripping irony.....
BigMart wrote:Pathetic really..

The smug threads by you and plugger after a win are simply stupid....
Oh dear, seems like someones inflated ego has had it pricked lately.

Give us some more of your opinionated "facts" - lol this is truly hilarious, you of all people caling others smug.

Do you possess any self awareness at all????
BigMart wrote:Its like you want supporters to eat humble pie after a win.....
Is it? Or is the case that I was just making an observation and not directing it at anyone in particular.

You can tell from this turgid tawdry response of yours, you think everything is directed at you.

As i said - hilarious.
BigMart wrote:we would prefer to enjoy it and be happy that ross was right.....as he mostly is...Not always though, as you would have us believe,
I dont believe Ross is always right, just that some arrogant know all egotists are not always right, and their worthless opinions are not facts...if the cap fits hot shot.... 8-)
BigMart wrote: btw we are 11th with 7 wins and only 2 against top 8 sides, but anyways thats another argument....
And just think we could have been 16th with two wins if Ross had only listened to the experts and just "played the kids"
BigMart wrote:How were we looking at three qtr time, im not even sure we played a solid game...but had two very good qtrs.
Yup - we would have looked much better with another 6 or so 18 year olds in at three qtr time.

Now toddle off to the mirror and tell yourself how great you are, someone will finally believe it.

What a wonderful response. Thumbs up champ. :D :D
I can't believe I read this but Joffa, do you get way ahead of yourself....

Do you & 66 sleep together?

Always thought if you screw something long enough they come out bent

cannot believe your drivel...wow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Moods
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
PJ wrote:
At 3/4 time I thought we would win, was I the only one?
No I had us with another burst to come. Weagles couldn't maintain the 3rd term pace, you knew they would slow.
I knew we would too.

WCE have had poor last quarters for much of this year, and flipside, Saints just push until the dying seconds.
i thought we'd lose. I was on the verge of a full on tantrum, especially when my wife said, 'At least the eagles are making a game of it.... :x '

Words such as fuc%ing pathetic were gushing from my mouth as I sat there fuming irrationally.

However, very happy to be wrong, and was rapt with the character the boys showed. Not sure it makes you a better or worse supporter to always think the team will win. WE looked shot at 3/4 time in my eyes. And the eagles just looked too big for us.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
but then I did have a crate of little green empty bottles next to me and a group of Bali bargirls wearing the Saints caps!!
Yes tony we got that no need to go on. :lol:
Nah ride it for all you can while you're there Big T.

:lol:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

What's even worse JB is that Peake is playing great, Kosi had a good game last night, and Lyon has Raph playing well.
I mean he even kicked a goal last night, that should just not be allowed, because it means he has earn't selection for next week.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
PJ
SS Life Member

Nah ride it for all you can while you're there Big T.
Actually a binny would go down well and a bit of nasi goreng by the beach 8-)

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote: Do you & 66 sleep together?
yes we do, are you homophobic as well as being a halfwit?
BallBanger wrote:Always thought if you screw something long enough they come out bent

cannot believe your drivel...wow
By the sounds of it your next will be your first.

Now thats a first for SS - a virgin homophobe. Dont worry sonny, you will work it our one day.

Are you in love with BigMart or do you just follow him about like a puppy dog? :D 8-)
Last edited by joffaboy on Sun 17 Jul 2011 9:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
SainterK wrote:
PJ wrote:
At 3/4 time I thought we would win, was I the only one?
No I had us with another burst to come. Weagles couldn't maintain the 3rd term pace, you knew they would slow.
I knew we would too.

WCE have had poor last quarters for much of this year, and flipside, Saints just push until the dying seconds.
i thought we'd lose. I was on the verge of a full on tantrum, especially when my wife said, 'At least the eagles are making a game of it.... :x '

Words such as fuc%ing pathetic were gushing from my mouth as I sat there fuming irrationally.

However, very happy to be wrong, and was rapt with the character the boys showed. Not sure it makes you a better or worse supporter to always think the team will win. WE looked shot at 3/4 time in my eyes. And the eagles just looked too big for us.
Just to clarify, I am usually the one finding reasons as to why we are not safe and how we can lose...

Last night, I only had confidence, just felt weird to me...

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

What pissed me off most was the miserable commentators highlighting our "poor two quarters" which were in fact two and zero goals, and then the highlighting of the amazing Eagles comeback.

Yet the Eagles had two quarters which consisted of zero and one goals. Where the F*** is the criticism of their negative game plan etc etc for those quarters? FFS they only played two reasonable quarters of four goals each, not exactly world beating quarters.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:What's even worse JB is that Peake is playing great, Kosi had a good game last night, and Lyon has Raph playing well.
I mean he even kicked a goal last night, that should just not be allowed, because it means he has earn't selection for next week.
Nah - ask the experts here. They all know better than Ross Lyon. Peake should be delisted, Kosi is a crock and should be traded for a first pick, and Raph single handedly cosy us two premierships.

Oh why didn't Ross listen and "just play the kids"??

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh knock it off all of you, we had a win, why do we have to sift through squabbles to read about it?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Oh knock it off all of you, we had a win, why do we have to sift through squabbles to read about it?
Direct your gripes to the poster who decided to jack the thread.

Apparently BigMarts word can never be questioned or he will go to other thread attempting to wreck them.

Go and enquire into his smallmindedness if you have an issue :o

Lance or James??

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:What pissed me off most was the miserable commentators highlighting our "poor two quarters" which were in fact two and zero goals, and then the highlighting of the amazing Eagles comeback.

Yet the Eagles had two quarters which consisted of zero and one goals. Where the F*** is the criticism of their negative game plan etc etc for those quarters? FFS they only played two reasonable quarters of four goals each, not exactly world beating quarters.
That's an interesting point Iceman. It's a double sided blade our game plan. When we have the ascendancy we often find it hard to blow teams out of the water (although 43 points to 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter was going close) However when we start to to get run over we rarely get completely steam rolled. I actually said last night (grasping at straws I thought at the time) that for all WC's dominance in that 3rd quarter they only kicked 4 goals. It felt like 7 or 8 goals. We somehow managed to stay in the game even though we were out of it in general play.

What I liked about last night's game is that we didn't give them any soft turnover goals. Almost all their goals had to come from good play. The goals that WC conceded at the end of the game tear your heart out as a supporter, whereas as angry as I was at 3/4 time, I had to concede that WC were playing too good. We didn't gift them anything that I can recall. This as much as anything kept us in the game.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually JB, he's played Steven's, who is now one of our good midfielders and becoming the player we thought he could be.
Then of course there's Big Boy who is now very much established himself as our number 1 ruckman.
Interesting that he probably held Steven's back to allow him to develop his body a little bit so he could compete with seasoned AFL players.
Even Big Boy has been shielded being a back up ruck for King and Gardiner, then 2nd ruck with Gardiner.
With Jimmy Gwilt out, it will be interesting who he promotes. He may show some faith in Lynch and bring him up, or give Tommy Walsh a game to see how he goes.
Both have now got mature bodies so they can compete strength wise in the AFL.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Actually JB, he's played Steven's, who is now one of our good midfielders and becoming the player we thought he could be.
Then of course there's Big Boy who is now very much established himself as our number 1 ruckman.
Interesting that he probably held Steven's back to allow him to develop his body a little bit so he could compete with seasoned AFL players.
Even Big Boy has been shielded being a back up ruck for King and Gardiner, then 2nd ruck with Gardiner.
With Jimmy Gwilt out, it will be interesting who he promotes. He may show some faith in Lynch and bring him up, or give Tommy Walsh a game to see how he goes.
Both have now got mature bodies so they can compete strength wise in the AFL.
Whoever it is, they simply have to hit a target reliably. Gwilt's run and foot skills will be missed. Personally, not sure who can fill his shoes. Great opportunity though.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You've lost it...

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: FFS Lyon...

joffaboy wrote:Why dont you "play the kids" like you did earlier this year?

Remember back to those great days when we had one win from the first seven games.

Now you have stopped playing them look at our form. What good is 6 wins out of 8 games when we need to play kids.

Wouldn't it be better to have kept playing the kids and come stone motherless last than to win games like last night?

Geez how dissapointing you dont listen to the experts at Saintsational.

For all you know if he had of been playing the kids from the get go this year we would be playing with more verve, have won our last 8 and beaten West Coast by 8 goals!

Lynch, Walsh, Sipposs, etc... etc...etc... would have gained valuable experience and 2012 might be looking a whole lot better.

Instead he has been wasting time and space on Blake, Baker, Gram etc...

Helen
Club Player

Remember back to those great days when we had one win from the first seven games.

Now you have stopped playing them look at our form. What good is 6 wins out of 8 games when we need to play kids.

Wouldn't it be better to have kept playing the kids and come stone motherless last than to win games like last night?

Stupid post and typical of the dribble you add to this forum.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Arguments aside....we simply dont have any fit kids to play again this year

Walsh and maybe Johnson may or may not get a game..Lynch should return but Winmar Heyne and Smith are not doing enough for Sandy

Siposs, Stanley, Ledger, Crocker and Cripps are all injured and gone for the year..at senior level anyway.

Geary isnt a kid

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Helen wrote:

Stupid post and typical of the dribble you add to this forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

For all you know if he had of been playing the kids from the get go this year we would be playing with more verve, have won our last 8 and beaten West Coast by 8 goals!

What I DO know (not supposition is that we won one of our first eight games)

Going on your scenario we should have played all of them (who were on the list) in last years Grand Final. For all we know we would have won by eight goals :roll:
barks4eva wrote:Lynch, Walsh, Sipposs, etc... etc...etc... would have gained valuable experience and 2012 might be looking a whole lot better.
So you know how 2012 is going to pan out already. 2011 isn't even finished yet.
barks4eva wrote: innInstead he has been wasting time and space on Blake, Baker, Gram etc...
How did Balke and Baker go on the weekend? Gram got 31 possessions.

I know, I know... for all we know Walsh or Simpkin could have got 100 possession kicked 10 goals, took ten marks of the year, and revised superstring theory, if they had replaced Gram.

Fair Dinkum

Lance or James??

bigred
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:The biggest joke of all is how some people think the shite peddled on here actually has some bearing on the running of the club..... :roll:
Can we get that post stickied at teh top of the index.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure what this thread is meant to mean?

The change in selection has been crucial for us. McEvoy is getting better by the week, Steven is a genuine player now, Armitage is making an impact in various roles.

Add to that, that it was made clear to guys like Gram that their spot was no longer a given.

So playing youngsters has been very effective. And, it will prove to be even more effective next year.

As I've said on here before, 'play the kids' is too simple. But saying 'you were wrong wanting to play the kids because there are now no kids in the team and we're winning', is even more simpler and probably less sensible!

Anyway, back to your petty and personal squabbles and bullying! Carry on.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I have a theory..I know, it may sound a bit crazy but why doesn't the club play the players who deserve to play regardless of age.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I have a theory..I know, it may sound a bit crazy but why doesn't the club play the players who deserve to play regardless of age.
I think that theory is excellent and has always been a great theory.