AFL hypocrites on the Ambassador rule

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

It's not a Carlton issue.

It's an AFL 'conflict of interest' issue.

Seriously, how anyone can take this competition seriously is just beyond me.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
ace wrote:Have I ever suggested AFL is an abbreviation for corruption?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/c ... 6094925825
Never!

Obviously Dimwit needs more gold teeth and so does Monkey Boy.

F*** I hate Gold Coast and GWS with a real passion now.

Bloody AFL lackey teams.

And as for Judd and Ablett, I hope they both have serious injuries, as this is the only thing that cab stop the rort for a period of time.
Yep top post. Love that sort of talk. Shows plenty of brains.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL hypocrites on the Ambassador rule

Dan Warna wrote:The AFL have said that while the carlton (and nudge nudge wink wink ablett) and (i have heard the GWS bribe for the Melbourne player nudge nudge wink wink) deals for 'ambassador' roles will stand and be allowed to continue, defensive deals will be banned.

So Melbourne who were I understand from a melbourne insider, looking for a sponsor to offer young Scully a 200k to 300k off field role, have been told they can't do that, GWS have been told they are clear to do offer scully an off field deal.

I am glad that goddard or STevens isn't up for grabs this year because If I was GWS and given a nudge nudge wink wink, I'd offer goddard 1m to play and 500k in an 'ambassador' role and laugh while st kilda can't do anything equivalent because of they would automatically breach the salary cap rules.

Carlton are absolutely laughing, because while their talent is solid, without a doubt Chris Judd is one of the top 5 players int he league and an all time great and they have him on their list at 1/2 the price because the rest is paid for by Visy.

What a farking joke, an absolute joke.

Hang your head in shame Anderson, you pathetic two face piece of shite.
spot on dan ...well said...the afl will do anything to ensure their two teams...and they are the afl's teams...maintain or obtain any unfair advantage that they think they can getaway with.....about time eddy and the other clubs stood up to these bullies.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Johnny Member wrote:...It's an AFL 'conflict of interest' issue...
This is the real issue.

The AFL is one big conflict of interest.

They've let it get out of control now.

I don't think they can reign it in now.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

About time they did this, these deals should have been stopped years ago. But with free agency coming it is even more important that this is tightened up otherwise the big clubs will poach everyone elses players with these deals and we would be back to the 80's. I am guessing the AFL didn't really believe free agency would be a issue when they allowed these deals to happen and when it became apparant that it was going to happen it was too late for them to back track....

The Judd deal should have never gone through as well as the other 100 deals for players that has happened, but the AFL decided to let them through and therefore backed themselves into a corner, but regardless of that they need to stop it from happening again it's just unfortunate for Melbourne on the timing.

Hypocritical? Yes
Needed to happen? Definantly YES
Last edited by ausfatcat on Fri 15 Jul 2011 10:55am, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL hypocrites on the Ambassador rule

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:The AFL have said that while the carlton (and nudge nudge wink wink ablett) and (i have heard the GWS bribe for the Melbourne player nudge nudge wink wink) deals for 'ambassador' roles will stand and be allowed to continue, defensive deals will be banned.

So Melbourne who were I understand from a melbourne insider, looking for a sponsor to offer young Scully a 200k to 300k off field role, have been told they can't do that, GWS have been told they are clear to do offer scully an off field deal.

I am glad that goddard or STevens isn't up for grabs this year because If I was GWS and given a nudge nudge wink wink, I'd offer goddard 1m to play and 500k in an 'ambassador' role and laugh while st kilda can't do anything equivalent because of they would automatically breach the salary cap rules.

Carlton are absolutely laughing, because while their talent is solid, without a doubt Chris Judd is one of the top 5 players int he league and an all time great and they have him on their list at 1/2 the price because the rest is paid for by Visy.

What a farking joke, an absolute joke.

Hang your head in shame Anderson, you pathetic two face piece of shite.
Great post and really good last line. You really have nailed it. They always look after Carlton, just look at the pathetic penalties when they went over the salary cap. Yep you have nailed it.
So you obviously think that it's fair Plugger?
the clown is just an apologist for the afl......probably their janitor or something similar.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:About time they did this, these deals should have been stopped years ago. But with free agency coming it is even more important that this is tightened up otherwise the big clubs will poach everyone elses players with these deals and we would be back to the 80's.

The Judd deal should have never gone through as well as the other 100 deals for players that has happened, but the AFL decided to let them through and therefore backed themselves into a corner, but regardless of that they need to stop it from happening again it's just unfortunate for Melbourne on the timing.
That is exactly my point. If they didnt change it as they arent stopping it and we lost a player to free agency because of it we would have 20 page thread on the AFL being a disgrace, cheats, corrupt and any other word they can think of. With deals that are in place they obviously cant change them until the next contract otherwise probably 17 clubs could be over the salary cap.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: That is exactly my point. If they didnt change it as they arent stopping it and we lost a player to free agency because of it we would have 20 page thread on the AFL being a disgrace, cheats, corrupt and any other word they can think of. With deals that are in place they obviously cant change them until the next contract otherwise probably 17 clubs could be over the salary cap.
Losing players is meant to be part of the salary cap system. A salary cap ensures that you can't keep players - that's the entire point of a salary cap. It's designed to ensure fairness and evenness across the league.

Whether or not there'd be a 20 page thread on here whinging about losing a player is irrelevant - the system would be fair. We'd lose players, then we'd get players from other clubs that they couldn't retain.
That's the whole point of the salary cap system.

The same goes for Free Agency. As long as it's across the board for everyone.

The problem here is that they've allowed the '3rd party' thing to compromise the entire concept of the salary cap. It defeats the purpose.

I mean come on, Chris Judd goes to Carlton within the salary cap - fair enough.
But the President is paying him $200k a year on the side??!!

Where the f*** is the salary cap there? And what's the point of it?!

It's the same as it always was - a rich club that can splash cash around can get their man. That's the exact thing that the salary cap is meant to prevent.

Now they've bungled it even further by quickly changing the rules to ensure that the salary cap infact does work....sort of.

It's now fair again.....sort of.

The AFL can do their own deals 3rd party deals, but no one else can!! So it's 'sort of' right now! 'Sort of', but nowhere near it!!

Whether or not there would be, could be, should be a 20 page thread on here if we lost a player to Free Angency or the Salary Cap is completely and utterly irrelevant and a useless view in this discussion.

The salary cap wasn't fair all along. And now, suddenly when it suits them, they're changing it to make it just close enough to fair to please themselves at the expense of the competition.

Seriously, these guys at AFL house are just utterly hopeless. Something so simple, yet they make a farce out of it. As they always do.

Fairness across the board is all anyone wants.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:About time they did this, these deals should have been stopped years ago. But with free agency coming it is even more important that this is tightened up otherwise the big clubs will poach everyone elses players with these deals and we would be back to the 80's. I am guessing the AFL didn't really believe free agency would be a issue when they allowed these deals to happen and when it became apparant that it was going to happen it was too late for them to back track....

Hypocritical? Yes
Absolutely!

It's just a disgrace.

And it's not 'unfortunate' for Melboure, it's a f****** outrage really.

It's bad enough that the AFL's bungling of the introduction of new clubs will cripple clubs for years that can't use the Draft to improve, they're now tweaking the system to cripple clubs by pinching players with their own set of rules!

The other thing to take into account is the timing in relation to the players pay dispute.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bloody hell plugger agrees with the afl

im f****** shocked :shock:

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

There is something that has been bugging me for a while now...Has anyone ever seen Andrew Demetriou and Vince McMahon in the same room at the same time?

Just saying!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:There is something that has been bugging me for a while now...Has anyone ever seen Andrew Demetriou and Vince McMahon in the same room at the same time?

Just saying!
It's not far from the truth at all!

Dana White ditto.

At least with the UFC and the WWE (or whatever it is these days) you know it's entertainment. Just pure entertainment designed to entertain as many people as possible and bring in as much cash as possible! Everyone knows that and doesn't pretend otherwise!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:About time they did this, these deals should have been stopped years ago. But with free agency coming it is even more important that this is tightened up otherwise the big clubs will poach everyone elses players with these deals and we would be back to the 80's. I am guessing the AFL didn't really believe free agency would be a issue when they allowed these deals to happen and when it became apparant that it was going to happen it was too late for them to back track....

Hypocritical? Yes
Absolutely!

It's just a disgrace.

And it's not 'unfortunate' for Melboure, it's a f****** outrage really.

It's bad enough that the AFL's bungling of the introduction of new clubs will cripple clubs for years that can't use the Draft to improve, they're now tweaking the system to cripple clubs by pinching players with their own set of rules!

The other thing to take into account is the timing in relation to the players pay dispute.
You agree with him and then write something that disagrees with him. Do you know where you are at? is whinging your first or second language?

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

It really annoys me that Judd is paid 300 000 on top of his playing salary just to (literally) shuffle a few papers around.

There's no 'level playing field'.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:It really annoys me that Judd is paid 300 000 on top of his playing salary just to (literally) shuffle a few papers around.

There's no 'level playing field'.
hense the clamp down now

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: All guess work where as I am using facts
Yet it absolutely fine for you to guess that Rooey is "on a good contract outside of the club"

Hypocritical much!!!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!