My heart just sinks everytime I think about it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Soccer- I dislike it..bloody boring predictable game like any game with a round ball on a rectangular pitch..watching concrete dry is more exciting. The beauty of AFL is its sheer frustrating organic nature, and the rest of the football codes can go jump!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Soccer- I dislike it..bloody boring predictable game like any game with a round ball on a rectangular pitch..watching concrete dry is more exciting. The beauty of AFL is its sheer frustrating organic nature, and the rest of the football codes can go jump!
totally agree soccer is a crap ,boring game ...more suitable for the fairer sex.... :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-) ...to play..not to watch.....don't know how any sane person would enjoy watching it anyway..... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:But back on topic. How do you stop manic.

In the old days you could soften up the young and the quick with a bit of old physicality to knock the enthusiasm out of a player but that tactic is hard to get away with these days.

So how do you conter manic play because I reckon that is the Pies strength.

We've got the defensive side of the game nailed as do the Pies but if we could generate some manic then maybe that is the solution to our offensive problems.
Win the clearance.
Win the clearances and move it forward quickly and also have as many players as possible taking the risk (with confidence) running forward of the ball. Manic, swarm, and press are all words being used a lot to describe the Pies game plan. Surely you don't have to be overly talented to be able to carry that part of a game plan out.

I remember this time last year there was a question mark over the Pies flag credentials because of the amount of points they were kicking but clearly and with hindsight they considered missed goals as collateral damage. Heaps of shots on goals means heaps of goals…I suppose?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SainterK wrote:

In the old days you could soften up the young and the quick with a bit of old physicality to knock the enthusiasm out of a player but that tactic is hard to get away with these days.

We've got the defensive side of the game nailed as do the Pies but if we could generate some manic then maybe that is the solution to our offensive problems.
Win the clearance.
Win the clearances and move it forward quickly and also have as many players as possible taking the risk (with confidence) running forward of the ball. Manic, swarm, and press are all words being used a lot to describe the Pies game plan. Surely you don't have to be overly talented to be able to carry that part of a game plan out.

I remember this time last year there was a question mark over the Pies flag credentials because of the amount of points they were kicking but clearly and with hindsight they considered missed goals as collateral damage. Heaps of shots on goals means heaps of goals…I suppose?
We don't have the skill to play like that. Ross knows our limitations and we play accordingly.

saint tash
Club Player

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:PS PLEASE don't try to get Mick Sh*thouse to coach us. It took the pr*ck 11 years to get a Flag. He may not last another 11 years on the earth!
Another Cadbury's quality post Kiely. Funnily enough we would take him in a heartbeat.

However I suspect Ross the Boss is safe for a while yet, unless he decided to move on.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
saint tash
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Win the clearance.

And a shiteload of F50 entries. Kinda helps. And keeping it in there. Defensive 50 pressure we were questionable early on.

Oh when the saints go charging in!