Contract news- Milne. Winmar + others info

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

u can't just get rid of players because they're old

Milne remains integral part of the team.

He is one of our best, most consistent performers and he plays in a position in which we have little to know coverage.

Some1 like Baker on the other hand, performance has been in steady decline and we have an abundance of players that could play BP

Blake's versatility keeps him on the list as a depth player. Shpuld play 5-6 games next year whilst Walsh tries to take the reigns next season

Saints Angel
Club Player

Awesome signing of Milney. Surely past investigations have been concluded but unless it is a negative outcome, the media don't want to write about it.
Milney has had a great season.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
redwhite&blackblood wrote:Does anyone know if the review of the investigation of the rape claims has been concluded as yet (i may have missed it). My only concern would be if we re-signed him and then the case got re-opened and provides another distraction for next year. If he is found guilty or not is beside the point he surely would not be able to focus 100% if the case was re opened?
I'll go with the presumption of innocence in preference to Milney playing against us thanks.
I am not presuming anything but if the case was to be re opened it would be a major distraction more so than the photos and everything this year. I have faith in the club that they have done due dilligence on this before contract talks and therefore i am not concerned too much. Just wanted to know if anyone knew anything on where the review was at.
Just for starters it was not the claims that were being investigated by the OPI but the conduct of the original investigation itself.

And since the story has gone stone cold since this time last year it is more than likely that the investigation is parked or closed... think of all the upheaval the police hierarchy have gone through recently. Add to that most of the momentum was being fuelled by Channel 9 and the Herald Sun... not exactly standard bearers for integrity in reporting as we have all clearly witnessed this summer.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Good news about Winmar. I heard that he was pretty homesick last year and the club was concerned he may not want to stay in Melbourne. Well done to Ross Lyon and co.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:Anyone older than 28 will not be in our next premiership. Now before everyone freaks out, I'm not saying get rid of everyone that is over 28. However, if it were up to me, I would not have re-signed Milne. What I wouldv'e done is this. Trade Milne plus our third pick (lets say it is pick 50) for pick 30ish....the higher the better obviously.

Would anyone take this, maybe, maybe not.!!!!!?????
By any chance, your name isn't Grant Thomas, is it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

He/she/it has had several names - NeXus Nick, NeXus Helen - also Pelican Point and Ernie Eclectus on BF :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:He/she/it has had several names - NeXus Nick, NeXus Helen - also Pelican Point and Ernie Eclectus on BF :shock:
Let's just refer to the user as "It" :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:He/she/it has had several names - NeXus Nick, NeXus Helen - also Pelican Point and Ernie Eclectus on BF :shock:
Also DDC City West, who on the night of the Saints v Melbourne final in 2006 went on to bigfooty and pronounced that Dal Santo, Reiwoldt and Gehrig were out of the team - which was a blatant troll.

Absolute tool and troll of the highest order.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Also DDC City West, who on the night of the Saints v Melbourne final in 2006 went on to bigfooty and pronounced that Dal Santo, Reiwoldt and Gehrig were out of the team - which was a blatant troll.

Didn't know about the DDC City West one.....

After the NM win - Ernie Eclectus starts a thread on the main BF board titled "I don't care that we won, as far as I'm concerned...."
which proceeded to bag the way they won, and had NM/neutral supporters sledge the club. Mods must have deleted the thread.

Exactly the same topic started here on SS by St Nick :oops:

When she/he posts as Pelican Point on the BF Saints board, mods insert a note: 'Warning this post is by Nexus Helen'

Stand your ground :shock:
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Didn't know about the DDC City West one.....

After the NM win - Ernie Eclectus starts a thread on the main BF board titled "I don't care that we won, as far as I'm concerned...."
which proceeded to bag the way they one, and had NM/neutral supporters sledge the club. Mods must have deleted the thread.

Exactly the same topic started here on SS by St Nick :oops:

When she/he posts as Pelican Point on the BF Saints board, mods insert a note: 'Warning this post is by Nexus Helen'
Sounds as though It needs to be exorcised for once and for all :twisted:

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Milney has been a fantastic servant of the club and deserves another year !!
IF we didn't re-sign him , who else would we have to kick 30 + goals for us next year ( going on this years form )only roo and snides are in double figures after 15 rounds

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I know footy has a cycle, but I still find it sad when it draws to the end, especially when a player may not have come to terms with it :(

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6090160901

Blake and Baker have contracts that end in October, with the pair in and out of the side this year.

Baker played his 200th game this year and only recently expressed a desire to play on, but was dropped for the clash against North Melbourne last weekend.

Blake, who suffered a knee injury against Fremantle in Round 10, is stuck on 193 senior games but has proved one of the most adaptable players under Ross Lyon.

The Saints may try to clear some salary cap space to recruit the tall forward Ross Lyon recently suggested they could pursue.

Lyon said after Round 12 he would check how much money the club had to see if it could get another forward to play alongside Nick Riewoldt.

Ruckman Michael Gardiner is expected to retire.

While list manager Ameet Bains and Lyon must make calls on several players, most of the club's stars are signed up past this year.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

....and Dawson puts contracts on hold

Thought Steven and Kosi were both contracted to the end of next year....but I could be wrong.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... 1h4s1.html

Dawson is one of several Saints out of contract this year. Rebounding half-back Sam Gilbert, a vital cog of coach Ross Lyon's game plan, has yet to broker a new deal. It's understood Gilbert has yet to settle on a new manager after parting ways with the disgraced Ricky Nixon.

Veteran ruckman-forward Justin Koschitzke, the emerging Jack Steven, enigmatic Raphael Clarke, David Armitage, Farren Ray, Dean Polo and Andrew McQualter are also believed to be off contract this year.

Edit, here is confirmation of Kosi resigning until end of 2012, the other one mentions Steven but not the length of the contract.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/j ... 5895292435

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5898136068
Last edited by SainterK on Fri 08 Jul 2011 2:18am, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Jon Ralph tweeted the contract signing, saying that Milne will end up with 500 goals over 250 games.."incredible" in his words :D

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:....and Dawson puts contracts on hold

Thought Steven and Kosi were both contracted to the end of next year....but I could be wrong.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... 1h4s1.html

Dawson is one of several Saints out of contract this year. Rebounding half-back Sam Gilbert, a vital cog of coach Ross Lyon's game plan, has yet to broker a new deal. It's understood Gilbert has yet to settle on a new manager after parting ways with the disgraced Ricky Nixon.

Veteran ruckman-forward Justin Koschitzke, the emerging Jack Steven, enigmatic Raphael Clarke, David Armitage, Farren Ray, Dean Polo and Andrew McQualter are also believed to be off contract this year.

Edit, here is confirmation of Kosi resigning until end of 2012, the other one mentions Steven but not the length of the contract.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/j ... 5895292435

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5898136068
Seems like quite a few errors of fact in that article.
I'm pretty sure in last week's interview with Glen Macfarlane, GIlbert stated that his new manager was Robert Joske.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
matrix wrote:should please some that we have resigned milne for another year.

lol
The hyphen is important, Mat.

re-signed.

resigned means something not so good.
actually i didnt even notice that grumps
good pick up

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Contract news- Milne. Winmar

St Nick wrote:
saintbrat wrote:The St Kilda Football Club is delighted to announce the re-signing of two key players, Nick Winmar and Stephen Milne.

Up and coming talent, Nick Winmar, has signed a new 2 year contract, while 31 year old veteran Stephen Milne will be in the red, white and black in season 2012 after penning a 1 year extension.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx
The re-signing of Milne is good for him but AFAIC, this proves that Lyon is not going to re-build our list. He is still persisting with the old brigade hoping he can get that elusive flag. ::
Why cant you get it into your head, 2011 is NOT the year to be rebuilding a club. This years draft is extremely thin. There is probably 20-25 quality players and thats it, and half of those will be going to GWS. All clubs will be trying to load up next year on picks as 2012 is going to see another 2001 "superdraft" draft.

Your going to be mighty disappointed when we dont delist all players over the age of 25 at years end. :roll: :roll:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

matrix wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
matrix wrote:should please some that we have resigned milne for another year.

lol
The hyphen is important, Mat.

re-signed.

resigned means something not so good.
actually i didnt even notice that grumps
good pick up
I'm glad you didn't use the term "pick-up" as that is an american ute.

God I'm so annoyingly pedantic today. :wink: :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

what a load of f****** crap nick
go look at the signings in the Web area of the forum
know where that is do we?
know who has signed till 2012 do we???

yup
recruited 14 guys over 30

troll