lockett kicking ton #2 v crows round 22 1991

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
noddy04 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Only game I’ve ever been to Adelaide for.

One highlight was before the game going to the pub across the road and having a beer and a chat with Robbie Muir. He’d obviously been there for a while and had us in stitches with his stories of playing Grid Iron in SA and a few tales about Brian Wilson.

After the game it was established that he’d become a bit boisterous and had nearly been thrown out of Football Park, avoiding so by telling the authorities it was in fact his nephew who was sitting next to him (who much to Muir’s amusement was evicted). Later on a very animated Robbie tried unsuccessfully to gain entry to the club’s after match function.

Great night with Plugger’s ton and the win of course being the biggest highlights.
I didn't know about Robbie Muir living in SA. Also him playing American Football is a strange one. He would have made a good Running Back.

I saw him a couple of years after then at one of our home matches at Waverley. He looked absolutely soused.
I worked with Muir over here for about a year or so. Also played country footy against him. A very skillfull footballer and a good bloke to work with but a knobjockey on the footy oval. Some of the things he did over here were pretty bad and i am really broadminded.
He did live here for a while...early 1990's? A mate of mine sat in front of him at the footy once and reported his antics were entertaining, if frightening.
Was definitely living in SA at the time I met him at the match in question in 1991 (as per my post)

Was telling stories of playing Grid Iron in SA and of cleaning up players while doing so. Obviously the SA American Football competition was a pretty amateur affair.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Obviously the SA American Football competition was a pretty amateur affair.
Oh, well you're wrong there...I snapped this photo of them on their way to a game. Mad Dog was suspended that week.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Obviously the SA American Football competition was a pretty amateur affair.
Oh, well you're wrong there...I snapped this photo of them on their way to a game. Mad Dog was suspended that week.

:lol:
Love it

(as opposed to Lovett!)