Dawson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Zac did his job. No complaints when apart from some mystifying umpiring it would have been a bigger win. How many of their frees were forward?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Zac did his job. No complaints when apart from some mystifying umpiring it would have been a bigger win. How many of their frees were forward?
Pretty sure we got a pretty good deal as well.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I found myself praising Zac virtually all day. Did a wonderful job on Petrie. Made some clumsy errors at the end, but all in all, was very solid, and was very valuable to our team today. Do ppl go crazy when BJ kicks into the man on the mark or kicks it straight to the opposition a couple of time (which happened today)

Mistakes will happen. Unfortunately, on the backline, they are more noticeable and more critical. He's not a perfect footballer, but he's by far our best option down there, and I reckon has earnt our support particularly tonight.

Cro
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:Just curious,
Why is it when Roo is blanketed by 2 or 3 opponents and only kicks a couple of goals, his direct opponent is lauded by most?
Funnily enough, the Fox boys were raving about Hansen's job to half time on Riewoldt when he had 9 marks and 3 goals!

Petrie took nine contested marks last week, yes it was against 16th but that is still phenomenal, we have to be happy with what Zac gave us today. He wasn't the only one turning it over late on.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Cro wrote:
Why is it when Roo is blanketed by 2 or 3 opponents and only kicks a couple of goals, his direct opponent is lauded by most?
Funnily enough, the Fox boys were raving about Hansen's job to half time on Riewoldt when he had 9 marks and 3 goals!

Petrie took nine contested marks last week, yes it was against 16th but that is still phenomenal, we have to be happy with what Zac gave us today. He wasn't the only one turning it over late on.
Doesn't get much easier. Schulz is in great form. Kicked 7 today.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i thought zac was ok.

i thought grammy was bad and armo had bad day also. Then Gamble and Polo not great. So Zac miles from our worst. IMHO.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 03 Jul 2011 11:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cro
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
Cro wrote:

Doesn't get much easier. Schulz is in great form. Kicked 7 today.
Lucky for us Dawson is a better FB than Maguire.