Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I disagree.
He hasn't put a foot wrong in hios role today.

ALthough I'm sure there'll be someone wanting to criticise him for something he's done/not done whilst sitting on the pine. :roll:
Are you blind???

The way he congratulated Lynch at the halftime break was inexcusable.

Could have mentally damaged Lynch for the second half.

If we go on to lose, Raph is obviously to blame and should be publicly flogged in Federation Square.
JB, unless you actually take the time and effort to turn up to trainings and accost him week in and week out, then maybe you deserve some credit for your endevours in the art of heckling.

Otherwise, it may be an idea to just pull your head in because this sort of abuse just doesn't look good at all.
I do. I go to every Saints training and stand there and heckle and hector each and every Saints player.

I have told Ross to delist every player and he took it on board and said he would consider it.

He thought my idea of a public flogging of Raph also had merit, just before he is delisted in Foreign Legion style, having his jersey ripped from him, and tarred and feathered.

If you dont think that is the least that Raph deserves (because the death penalty is illegal in Australia) obviously yuo know noting about football.

Just saying.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Angel
Club Player

Re: Raph

[quote="saintspremiers"][quote="joffaboy"]I think he looks stupid with the subs vest on.

Delist him now.[/quote]

Can we delist you instead?

What size are you for a Bintang singlet?

I can get very cheap price.[/quote]

ditto to that silly comment.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Could not see why Tom Lynch was subbed off. I thought he was doing well. Would have preferred to see Gamble subbed off.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I think he looks stupid with the subs vest on.

Delist him now.
At least Raph turned up. Unlike some of our "Fair Weather" supporters :wink: !!
Oi!

That's me.

The weather in Bali is very fair. And warm!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Raph got booed around me when it was announced he was subbed on.
He would definitely have heard it as well.
Poor form by our so called supporters IMHO.
Disgraceful.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah def booed by our own again. If my kids won't there I would have told a couple to shut the f%$@ up. Our own fans were booing every time we kicked backwards as well. It wasn't our cheersquad leading that by any chance? We didn't make a noise otherwise. s*** fans down our way.

Winmar
Club Player

It was disgraceful. Any St Kilda 'supporters' who boo any players should hang their heads in shame.
joffaboy wrote:I have told Ross to delist every player and he took it on board and said he would consider it.
:lol:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I disagree.
He hasn't put a foot wrong in hios role today.

ALthough I'm sure there'll be someone wanting to criticise him for something he's done/not done whilst sitting on the pine. :roll:
Are you blind???

The way he congratulated Lynch at the halftime break was inexcusable.

Could have mentally damaged Lynch for the second half.

If we go on to lose, Raph is obviously to blame and should be publicly flogged in Federation Square.
JB, unless you actually take the time and effort to turn up to trainings and accost him week in and week out, then maybe you deserve some credit for your endevours in the art of heckling.

Otherwise, it may be an idea to just pull your head in because this sort of abuse just doesn't look good at all.
I do. I go to every Saints training and stand there and heckle and hector each and every Saints player.

I have told Ross to delist every player and he took it on board and said he would consider it.

He thought my idea of a public flogging of Raph also had merit, just before he is delisted in Foreign Legion style, having his jersey ripped from him, and tarred and feathered.

If you dont think that is the least that Raph deserves (because the death penalty is illegal in Australia) obviously yuo know noting about football.

Just saying.
Okay, so I know nothing about football, but I know one thing for sure - you would never have the intestinal fortitude to walk up to Raphael Clarke, look him square in the eye and say all those things about him to his face.

C'mon, JB! I dare you... I double dare you.

Show us what you're made of, big man :P

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
starsign
Club Player

Get up here Joffa and come fishing with me
We will fill the boat M8!!

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Two pages of jokes, and not one mention of the fact that Raph finally came good in the sub role.

Not that it wasn't worth having a laugh about the amount of bagging that Raph cops, but some credit is due, even overdue?

Raph finally showed the composure we have been waiting to see from him all year. I'd have him as starting 21 next week.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post these comments in.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Okay, so I know nothing about football, but I know one thing for sure - you would never have the intestinal fortitude to walk up to Raphael Clarke, look him square in the eye and say all those things about him to his face.

C'mon, JB! I dare you... I double dare you.

Show us what you're made of, big man :P
I went over his place last night and told him everything to his face.

He cried and curled up in a foetal position. After he came out of his stupor, I get him to sign a full confession of his sins against humanity (and the wonderfully fair STKFC supporters in particular).

He also signed his papers, and then i forced him top go to a delisting party with the whole list.

I dont care if Raph is BOG in a GF, wins the Coleman Medal, and kicks the winning goal from the boundary after the final siren, he will never be good enough for the wonderful forgiving and gracious St.Kilda supporters.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Nick

Delist him now.
I would like to ask the moderators to delete this thread due to its stupidity.

spert
Saintsational Legend

While we have opinions on who should and shouldn't get a game, no player walks up a selects themselves on Thursday night..the coach and his mates do that. Don't boo or abuse our players for that fact - OK if they do a few clangers you can have an opinion, as that has always been the way in footy- but let's not get personal. Raph has done well at Sandy and probably earned a recall, and after all, if you are putting in, the coach will take notice.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Last quarter, BJ had a free kick at the point post - looked up and saw Raph runing down the wing with a North opponent. Kicked it well forward of Raph, who had the speed to get onto it and ran forward. Nearly messed it up, but broke a tackle.

A nice piece of football thinking by BJ, I thought.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

my god JB. To think you tell me i am childish and talk crap.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:my god JB. To think you tell me i am childish and talk crap.
you do.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Delist him now.
Something wrong with your TV? Looked OK live AT THE GAME !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I asked RL if he thought this thread was childish and stupid.

He remarked that he thought it was a great source of encouragement to the team.

Apparently with other teams RL has been involved with, like Sydney, the team derived encouragement from the Cheer Squad, but RL said at St.Kilda the cheer squad actively discourages the team by booing, attacking individual players, and leaving early.

RL said that he thought it was the cheer squad booing Raph Clarke last night.

Apparently members of the cheer squad have a debilitating condition known as irony defeciency as well. The condition is not fatal, but once contracted symptoms include:

1) All other posters on an internet forum seeing that people with irony deficiency lack intelligence and any nous whatsoever

2) A complete lack of respect from anyone with an IQ of more than 40.

Lance or James??

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

would be nice of ppl start threads with the intent of actually talking football

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:would be nice of ppl start threads with the intent of actually talking football
This a footy forum. There is no room for talking about the game on here.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

skeptic wrote:would be nice of ppl start threads with the intent of actually talking football
Then we'd become a Football Forum.

Heaven forbid. :roll:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Wha...

I dont know what you are talking 'bout.

Lance or James??

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I thought this was a FIGHT CLUB version of facebook. Am I wrong?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
To the top
SS Life Member

The one act which says he is easily in our best 22 was when he kicked forward to an option then ran on to receive and kept running to find space as a further option.

Was not utilised so no possession recorded.

But this is what we need and Clarke is one of the very few who provide this run for us - hence we get bogged down in defence as yesterday until we make a mistake and the turnover costs us on the scoreboard.

So where is the criticism of those who missed targets and goals yesterday and those who kicked out on the full - including at critical times?

And of those who did not attempt to find space to give options?

Funny how one person attracts such unwarranted criticism and others escape without a comment.

About time the mickey was taken out of those who are critical of this player.

We are a far, far better side with Clarke in it - as his cameo showed conclusively yesterday.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
I asked RL if he thought this thread was childish and stupid.

He remarked that he thought it was a great source of encouragement to the team.

Apparently with other teams RL has been involved with, like Sydney, the team derived encouragement from the Cheer Squad, but RL said at St.Kilda the cheer squad actively discourages the team by booing, attacking individual players, and leaving early.

RL said that he thought it was the cheer squad booing Raph Clarke last night.

Apparently members of the cheer squad have a debilitating condition known as irony defeciency as well. The condition is not fatal, but once contracted symptoms include:

1) All other posters on an internet forum seeing that people with irony deficiency lack intelligence and any nous whatsoever

2) A complete lack of respect from anyone with an IQ of more than 40.
you are such a f****** coward.

act all tough and funny behind your computer but you would never meet in person.

members of the cheer squad will be at the game this week to support the boys, i highly doubt the moorabbin wing or yourself will be. until then, stfu and keep hiding away.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."