would the saints be interested.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:The fact so Many players have improved under Ross over the last 4 years is why I know where in good hands going forward..
Luke Ball and Andrew Lovett come to mind.
Pffft. Shouldn’t you be doing some arithmetic homework Pavlova. Maybe some extra work on basic addition?
Thanks Onasis; that's very kind of you and not the worst thing you have ever said to me.

Lets give RL a ten year contract then. You're such a savvy business man Onasis. Very sharp.
Thanks. I'm successful because I can perform basic counting but I can understand why you would have difficulty with Arabic numerals.
You're such a pedantic bastard.

Onasis, we have heard it all before on how a "successuful" big arsed hot shot shipping magnate you are . I guess that's why you have so much time to waste on this site.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If and its a big IF Ross walked and went to the Demons then yes for sure.
No doubt Clarko can coach. One flag and the hawks over-achieving agsin this year.

But I assume Lyon will give it one last crack at the Saints next year.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I heard Matty knights doesn't have a gig. He played kids galore.

Legendary
Club Player

Hawks are really going well ATM.

Much less competitive against the Pies than we were.

IMO Clarkson is a fairly lucky coach - he coached a team to a flag with a similar make-up to the St Kilda side in 2004 (quite a few youngsters) with a good run through the finals. Managed to pinch one against the greatest side of the modern era (Geelong) who lost the game more than the Hawks won it.

From what I have heard from people who were involved with the Hawks, Hardwick and Todd Viney were very closely involved in developing their gameplan during 2007/08 ...

Apart from the 2008 season, Clarkson has had very limited success as a coach - finals losses and some years down the bottom of the ladder.

No doubt he is a good motivator and seems to inspire confidence and courage in his playing group. This is an important part of the role of a coach.

But he has had what I would call a "more talented" list than the Saints over the last 4 seasons, and has not achieved the same consistency of performance.

One lucky flag doesn't make a good coach.