Kosi 2 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

What did Hunt get for his punch to Schneider?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:No point in challenging. Will not get off. Just take the 2 weeks which he will do.
Will he get more if he tries?
Dont know but if he doesnt that would be the only reason to challenge. And to those who say taking this type of tackle out makes footy weak I suggest you talk to the guys that are slammed into the ground. Jack was very lucky he was badly hurt in his tackle.
You are right, he should he have bumped him instead, because that worked so well for Buddy....

Soon, you will just have to watch while an opposition player takes possession of the ball.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:No point in challenging. Will not get off. Just take the 2 weeks which he will do.
Dont know but if he doesnt that would be the only reason to challenge. And to those who say taking this type of tackle out makes footy weak I suggest you talk to the guys that are slammed into the ground. Jack was very lucky he was badly hurt in his tackle.
Duncan had possesion of the ball. Next time Kosi should learn to tackle softly.
No he shouldnt sling him. Or is it a case of poor us again. Geelong had 3 players either suspended or reprimanded and as I said earlier if Jack had been hurt we would have wanted Corey's life.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
You are right, he should he have bumped him instead, because that worked so well for Buddy....

Soon, you will just have to watch while an opposition player takes possession of the ball.
Yep the game is so soft. Yes he could have bumped him but not in the head or he could have tackled him but not slung him.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Nothing will change so all we can do, which is what we always do, just bend over, touch the toes and unclentch! :shock:

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Solar wrote:Joke, Im over it.

Perfect tackle thrown onto his side (shoulder).

So you get more weeks for doing the team thing but only one for punching players either in their groin or in their head.

The AFL can go screw themselves. I can't be stuffed caring anymore.
Read the rule book.

It wasn't the perfect tackle.

The player got high contact after he landed. It's illegal.

Get a clue!
Have a look atit again. he gets thrown onto his side (shoulder) and the secondary hit afterwards is him hitting his head. Almost perfect tackle, as close as you can get. The tackle on steven was alot worse, lifted him up on a angle which meant his head hit the ground during the tackle.

Have a look and tell me thats wrong.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Absolute f@cking joke!!! The AFL can stick their game up their collective butts.

2 weeks for a tackle, 1 week for a deliberate punch in the Jatz, 1 week for a deliberate elbow to a head...the world has gone mad, well this game anyway! It's a hard, tough game...parts of which involve extreme physical contact! Suck it up AFL, people will still play it, mum's will still let their boys play, not everyone is that precious!

What next? Going for a high mark and the knee hitting the back of an opponents head...2 weeks??? Suspend Pods for reckless endangerment of players with his attack on the ball concussing Bartel!!!

I've had enough of this!!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Solar, I agree....should challenge....I don't think there is a chance of more weeks.

Too much grey area, think they have a chance.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Absolute f@cking joke!!! The AFL can stick their game up their collective butts.

2 weeks for a tackle, 1 week for a deliberate punch in the Jatz, 1 week for a deliberate elbow to a head...the world has gone mad, well this game anyway! It's a hard, tough game...parts of which involve extreme physical contact! Suck it up AFL, people will still play it, mum's will still let their boys play, not everyone is that precious!

What next? Going for a high mark and the knee hitting the back of an opponents head...2 weeks??? Suspend Pods for reckless endangerment of players with his attack on the ball concussing Bartel!!!

Yep the game is so weak. I love it when you can tackle as hard as you like and knock players out. It makes the game so much better.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Yes, terrible tackle, could have led to lifelong injuries for Duncan.

A bit like the lifelong injuries Kosi received in 2006. Plugger66, can you please remind me how many weeks Gia got for that hit?

It's a crap decision. Kosi, of all people, should brief a barrister and threaten blow the whole crappy system wide open.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Solar, I agree....should challenge....I don't think there is a chance of more weeks.

There is no grey area. If you choose to sling tackle and hurt the player you get reported. Everyone knows it. Challenge and you get more points and more whinging about how weak the game is. I suggest all those who think it is now a weak game go and talk to some players one day about the game.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Interesting they called it medium impact, I would've thought low Impact.

But I would've classed it reckless not negligent, so I'm comfortable with the points.

Kosi the fool he is has a 50% loading, otherwise would've only got a week with an early plea.

Anyway, I reckon it's his last season.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:What did Hunt get for his punch to Schneider?
1 week

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Is this now considered an umpiring mistake?
Afterall, the umpire who was there didn't even deem it to be an infraction of the rules.

SO the umpires deem these tackles to be fair but the MRP deem them to be outside the rules.

Methinks it might be time to look at an NRL style 'slam' ruling, whereby everybody knows it's illegal to put an opposition player into a 'dangerous position' and the referees pay a penalty against anybody who 'lifts' an opponent.

As it currently stands anybody attemting to tackle a player to the ground is virtually playing 'russian roulette' with the MRP based on how hard a player's head hits the ground.

But in a marking contest, if an opponent tries to 'spoil' and punches you in the head, that is ok?
It's considered incidental contact?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Yes, terrible tackle, could have led to lifelong injuries for Duncan.

A bit like the lifelong injuries Kosi received in 2006. Plugger66, can you please remind me how many weeks Gia got for that hit?

It's a crap decision. Kosi, of all people, should brief a barrister and threaten blow the whole crappy system wide open.
So we are now going to the Gia incident to talk about Kosi's tackle. That should work well if we take that to the tribunal. Thought you may be better than that.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Solar, I agree....should challenge....I don't think there is a chance of more weeks.

There is no grey area. If you choose to sling tackle and hurt the player you get reported. Everyone knows it. Challenge and you get more points and more whinging about how weak the game is. I suggest all those who think it is now a weak game go and talk to some players one day about the game.
It's my opinion, which I am entitled to.

Watch the replay, Kosi's body took most of the impact, then the kids shoulder hit the ground....his head after that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Watch the replay, Kosi's body took most of the impact, then the kids shoulder hit the ground....his head after that.
Yep the last bit is the problem. Also I missed the bit where I said you cant have an opinion.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Kosi played a better game 6 weeks ago

Bono
Club Player

Unfortunately he's got no currency now anyway. Forget about structures and all the spin - the game has passed him by.

Unless they start playing Lynch or Stanley, the game will pass them by as well! No use being a career VFL player in the current climate.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Can anyone say with a straight face that this is not how the tackle took place? The tackle did not cause him to hit his head, it was the recoil from the hit on his shoulder. Happens all the time in marking situations. Kosi did not lift his legs, he hit his side and shoulder first.

I'm really struggling to understand how this is reportable. Curious to know if you can get done for a bump which hits their shoulder and he hit on the ground causes the concussion?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I thought if it was in the same action it was ok after Trengove? Trengove slung after the tackle resulting in a second action and the MRP said that was what the definition of legal in the sling tackle? So now they are reinterpreting because the media made it an issue? Kosi gets a punch in the Jatz crackers 1 week? Is it because Stokes used the excuse he was searching for coke strapped to his balls? The mysteries of the MRP are like the bermuda triangle.

St Lenny
Club Player

Solar wrote:
Interested in what is a legal tackle these days?
If its St Kilda, its automatic 2 wks................... :roll: Bloody pathetic.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:Yes, terrible tackle, could have led to lifelong injuries for Duncan.

So we are now going to the Gia incident to talk about Kosi's tackle. That should work well if we take that to the tribunal. Thought you may be better than that.
To me, the point about the Gia incident was that the AFL was prepared to find "grey areas" where they consider contact to be part of the legimate rough and tumble of the game.

Gia ended up with no penalty for a deliberate, premeditated head-high hit on an unsuspecting and unprepared player. Long way from the ball: a hit which I suspect may have given the recipient permanent brain damage. I would have given Gia 6-10 weeks: which he would probably now get under the revised rules

I think that - within the framework of the current rules - the head-high hit to Duncan was something of an accident in the context of the normal rough and tumble of the game.

And of all the players to come down on like a ton of bricks....

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:Absolute f@cking joke!!! The AFL can stick their game up their collective butts.

Yep the game is so weak. I love it when you can tackle as hard as you like and knock players out. It makes the game so much better.
Never said the game was weak, in fact said the opposite. Your attempt at being a smart ar$e just missed the mark. Nothing to say about the inconsistencies? Buddy, a career littered with indiscriminate head high contact = 1 week????

That is part of the game, was when I played it and a part that made it so great to play as well as watch, as there was skill and there was a massive degree of hardness involved. If you want purely non contact, no injuries then there are hobbies you can take up!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bono wrote:Unfortunately he's got no currency now anyway. Forget about structures and all the spin - the game has passed him by.

Unless they start playing Lynch or Stanley, the game will pass them by as well! No use being a career VFL player in the current climate.
what does that have to do with him getting suspended?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.