Paris Wells

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
SainterK wrote:Doesn't she barrack for Carlton?
yeah, i just found that out and posted in my "women's week" thread. apparently she's good buddies with chris jugghead.

damn! thought we had a keeper on our side.

how was your afl women's week, K?
Not bad thanks Sainternist

Long weekend, so hubby home and enjoying some nice family time....and of course a good Saints win :)

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
suss wrote:I seriously don't know why people get so worked up about such a silly thing. A very talented, young local artist who barracks for the club belting out the song - what's the problem? She's not too bad on the eye either. :wink:

i agree.

who cares anyway, its just a song to listen to while the players run out onto the ground.
It's emotive for me. I've been listening to the same song for as long as I've gone to the footy. It gets me riled up.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
suss wrote:I seriously don't know why people get so worked up about such a silly thing. A very talented, young local artist who barracks for the club belting out the song - what's the problem? She's not too bad on the eye either. :wink:

i agree.

who cares anyway, its just a song to listen to while the players run out onto the ground.
It's emotive for me. I've been listening to the same song for as long as I've gone to the footy. It gets me riled up.
Actually, we've had a couple of different ones over the years. There was one in the mid-late 80's and there was another alternate version which came after our relocation to Waverley. That one was really piss-poor. The line of "Oh how I want to be with St Kilda" was changed to "Oh how I want to be there in September" :?

But yeah, it would be preferable to just keep the traditional one going. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ALEX.CATCHME.OO

At least it wasn't the Souhern Saints song. Sainternist, where your Larry David pic gone?

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: NEVER AGAIN!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm in the "if it aint broke don't fix it" camp.......BUT I wouldn't mind seeing some more lyrics/another chorus added to the TUNE which is GREAT! (naturally 8-) ) As it is at the moment the song is over almost before its begun! I hasten to add that this is merely the opinion of an old fart who would like a bit more of our tune to jig to!!! :wink:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

ALEX.CATCHME.OO wrote:At least it wasn't the Souhern Saints song. Sainternist, where your Larry David pic gone?
Look I didn't mind Paris on GF day last year. Also, I didn't find the Southern Saints completely offensive, unlike the lame Waverly one.

I took LD down out of superstition. I think I'll bring a new and improved avatar of him back though.

Curb Season 8 should be fantastic. It was all shot on location in his native New York City. It'll no doubt have a very Woody Allen movie feel to it :)

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!