Eddie sets precedent

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:What was the name of that song that the Screaming Jets wrote about ed?
I thought it was Denis Leary who did "I'm An Ass Hole"

So Screaming Jets wrote that did they? Learn something everyday :wink:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
satchmo wrote:What was the name of that song that the Screaming Jets wrote about ed?

Oh no Doctor, it's much more elaborate than that! 8-)

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

his continuing yo endeavour to explain himself
http://austereo.castmetrix.net/podcast/ ... thJune.mp3

says he has already cleaned out his cheersquad when he made them pay nearly $1,000 per year.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Oh no Doctor, it's much more elaborate than that! 8-)
On another note, they reckon Lily Allen was singing that song about George Bush.

Maybe it's not him after all :D

Ice Wolf
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:his continuing yo endeavour to explain himself

says he has already cleaned out his cheersquad when he made them pay nearly $1,000 per year.
Yeah cause charging them $1000 was really going to make a difference, just a way to gouge the supporter base not to actually change their behavior.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eddie sets precedent

Harvey To Hayes wrote:Next time we play the filth I urge every supporter to pay attention to the Collingwood ferals around them, and every time one of them sledges Milney, Joey, Roo, Sam or anyone else about anything non-footy related, give them two warnings, carry on like an idiot, and then ring the authorities and have that person disciplined. Eddie is in the media calling for zero tolerance on sledges such as that directed at Krakouer (who was convicted), so it has to go both ways...

I don't really expect people to do that, just pointing out what a fat hypocritical tossbag Maguire is. I hate that guy so much I might need counselling...
i'm going to do it...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I might be in the minority but any supporter from any club that just yells out crap about players deserves to be told to shut up. I dont care if they are wearing black and white or red black and white. Seriously just watch the game and try following your own side instead of worrying about the other friggin side.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:
saintbrat wrote:his continuing yo endeavour to explain himself

Yeah cause charging them $1000 was really going to make a difference, just a way to gouge the supporter base not to actually change their behavior.
They attract a higher class of idiot in their cheersquad now...

...anyways, storm in a teacup. A few days ago it was some ugg inviting Chappy to jump his missus, now it's some brainless oxygen thief yelling out distasteful comments...so what? There are idiots in every supporter base, and most of us want to give 'em a slap, doesn't mean we're entitled to.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eddie sets precedent

stinger wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:Next time we play the filth I urge every supporter to pay attention to the Collingwood ferals around them, and every time one of them sledges Milney, Joey, Roo, Sam or anyone else about anything non-footy related, give them two warnings, carry on like an idiot, and then ring the authorities and have that person disciplined. Eddie is in the media calling for zero tolerance on sledges such as that directed at Krakouer (who was convicted), so it has to go both ways...

I don't really expect people to do that, just pointing out what a fat hypocritical tossbag Maguire is. I hate that guy so much I might need counselling...
i'm going to do it...
You are as weak as water. Wouldnt even sit with SS people at the luncheon.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I might be in the minority but any supporter from any club that just yells out crap about players deserves to be told to shut up. I dont care if they are wearing black and white or red black and white. Seriously just watch the game and try following your own side instead of worrying about the other friggin side.
Agree with this, but that is not the point here...

It's about Eddie being the self appointed Moral Police and making an example of a Saints supporter, unfarily, and not being held accountable for his mistakes and arrogance....

Let alone the hypocrisy...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I might be in the minority but any supporter from any club that just yells out crap about players deserves to be told to shut up. I dont care if they are wearing black and white or red black and white. Seriously just watch the game and try following your own side instead of worrying about the other friggin side.

It's about Eddie being the self appointed Moral Police and making an example of a Saints supporter, unfarily, and not being held accountable for his mistakes and arrogance....

I dont give a stuff about Eddie. He is a friggin president of another club. I am just stating how I feel. As far as Eddie is concerned he can do what he likes.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

I dont give a stuff about Eddie. He is a friggin president of another club. I am just stating how I feel. As far as Eddie is concerned he can do what he likes.
Incorrectly label an opposition supporter a racist, and have it splashed on front page media??...

He made himself a hero at a strangers expense, who could have been you or me...

And I know you will reply it couldnt ever be you, as you dont direct anything at oppostion players, but I'm sure at some stage a friend or family member of yours would have given a bit of lip to an opposition player at a game... Would you appreciate them being labelled recist for such an offence??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

Incorrectly label an opposition supporter a racist, and have it splashed on front page media??...

And I know you will reply it couldnt ever be you, as you dont direct anything at oppostion players, but I'm sure at some stage a friend or family member of yours would have given a bit of lip to an opposition player at a game... Would you appreciate them being labelled recist for such an offence??
I have yelled out at plenty of opposition players as have my mates but nothing personal so you are right, it wouldnt be me. Eddie said it had racial overtones or could have ended up racist. He never said the guy said a racist remark. Anyway the guy hasnt been picked up by the media so i dont think it would worry him. If Eddie makes a fool of himself why would I care. He isnt our president. I wish he was though.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

I have yelled out at plenty of opposition players as have my mates but nothing personal so you are right, it wouldnt be me. Eddie said it had racial overtones or could have ended up racist. He never said the guy said a racist remark. Anyway the guy hasnt been picked up by the media so i dont think it would worry him. If Eddie makes a fool of himself why would I care. He isnt our president. I wish he was though.
Oh, so Ed said it has racial overtones...
"He got a get out of jail free card" referring to not having a free kick called against him.
"Kick him whilst his down Sam, you know he'd do it to you."

Seems to me Ed was the one with racism on his mind...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

Oh, so Ed said it has racial overtones...
"He got a get out of jail free card" referring to not having a free kick called against him.
"Kick him whilst his down Sam, you know he'd do it to you."

Seems to me Ed was the one with racism on his mind...
Didnt say I agreed with him. Anyway i am over the whole thing. Storm in a tea cup and only hurts Eddie not us.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The way I read what I saw during that game was this scenario:

Some bloke giving it to Eddie. Him saying "mate we've won 1 premiership, this year it'll be two!" Eddies media monkeys have then said "we can turn this into something more than you looking like you were having a hissy-fit with a spectator (because at that stage the Saints were giving the Pies a run for their money, and Eddie was looking pi$$ed)

That's my conspiracy theory, and I'm sticking with it! :P

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Let him continue to make an idiot of himself. He'll get caught out eventually. The fall will be mighty.
Unfortunately, I can't see this happening anytime soon.

Nice sentiments though :twisted:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainterman
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
Thinline wrote:Let him continue to make an idiot of himself. He'll get caught out eventually. The fall will be mighty.

Plenty of skeletons in Ed's closet!!

I reckon no one really saw Ricky Nixons fall coming either.

Things usually catch up with people like Ed.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

Plenty of skeletons in Ed's closet!!

I reckon no one really saw Ricky Nixons fall coming either.

Things usually catch up with people like Ed.
Always does.

I saw the bloke up close during draft week when the big wigs came up.

Full of piss, picking fights at the Royal Pines, throwing his (substantial) weight around, behaving like an absolute goose simply because a) he feels he can without consequence and b) because my three year old is more mature.

I hear the word flog thrown about on here a fair bit. IMO that word should be reserved for one bloke and one bloke alone - Fat Ed.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:The way I read what I saw during that game was this scenario:

Some bloke giving it to Eddie. Him saying "mate we've won 1 premiership, this year it'll be two!" Eddies media monkeys have then said "we can turn this into something more than you looking like you were having a hissy-fit with a spectator (because at that stage the Saints were giving the Pies a run for their money, and Eddie was looking pi$$ed)

That's my conspiracy theory, and I'm sticking with it! :P
Basically my thoughts also.

Came across on TV as a bit of a tool. Not a good look for the President of the “World's Greatest Sporting Clubâ€

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Which AFL Club is affiliated with Port Melbourne?
Who was the bloke who actually racially vilified Majak Daw?
Why is nobody in the media identifying that idiot?
Why are the media spending so much time on Eddie's justification over this?

Are they all maybe linked?

NoMore
Club Player

I know the person pretty well and he is not a brainless oxygen thief. Yes his comments weren't great but he genuinly believes the krakour should not be playing football. He handled himself well. Never swore. never left his seat and pretty much politely pointed out to eddie that he was a hypocrute while eddie was going absolutely nuts.

What krakour did is not only a blight on football but a blight on society. He bashed a guy. the guy got a way and then he chased him down bashed him again and proceeded to kick him to within an inch of his life. Is this the sort of person we want our kids looking up to. Is this the sort of person that should be referred to as an inspirtation.

Eddie calling him a racist is a disgrace as he had no interest in krakour's race. Just in the fact that he is a disgraceful human being

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Krak turned things around magnificently after serving time (productively) for his sin.

Your mate needs to pick a better target.

Swan's thuggery for instance. You know, the incident for which he refused to pay his damages bill.

Now there's a farkin peckerhead who deserves a whack...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Krak turned things around magnificently after serving time (productively) for his sin.

Swan's thuggery for instance. You know, the incident for which he refused to pay his damages bill.

Pretty sure he has turned around his life as well. Everyone deserves a second chance and maybe even three but after that it is a bit much. I certainly wouldnt be thinking either of them shoudnt play footy again. We would be a sad society if we just banned people from sport because of one stupid act.

NoMore
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Krak turned things around magnificently after serving time (productively) for his sin.

Did he really turn it things around.
Thats pretty good of him.
How do you reck the bloke who was the victim feels about that.

Do we remember Luke Adams last year the kid who got bashed at hungry jacks

We were all told by the AFL this was a disgrace and that we should feel sorry for him

Seems to me apparently we should just feel sorry for footballers because there life is so tough