Sponsorship Function - Absolute Crap

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
matrix wrote:yes plug
the only complaints were about the food :roll:
Food :?: :?: dont think you could class it as food.
From all reports the SF Team enjoyed their day.

You guys are just big sooks! :P

i had a great time.....would have loved to have tucked into a four an twenty at half time though...party pies just don't taste the same....
I heard you didnt even go to the lunch or if you did you didnt bother to say hello to anyone.
I'm tipping it was the latter!! :lol: Not sure I'd blame him either!!
Well i reckon if people take things said on here to seriously then they are very thin skinned. I certainly said hello to everyone on Saturday.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

i had a great time.....would have loved to have tucked into a four an twenty at half time though...party pies just don't taste the same....
I heard you didnt even go to the lunch or if you did you didnt bother to say hello to anyone.

you got that right...although the missus was looking forward to giving one of the posters on here a very very hard time....i convinced her to just have a good time......mind you she gave me similar advice too....

anyway we had a great time..

passable food, good company, a good win....i have only very rarely watched matches from level two....think i will be a regular to that level in the future....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

you got that right...although the missus was looking forward to giving one of the posters on here a very very hard time....i convinced her to just have a good time......mind you she gave me similar advice too....

anyway we had a great time..

passable food, good company, a good win....i have only very rarely watched matches from level two....think i will be a regular to that level in the future....
Well your misses sounds tough. Pity you arent.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Level 2 is great, but I rarely get to Etihad these days. Much prefer the MCG. Centre wing, 2nd level, AFL Members....can't beat it.

Is Hans Harms still involved at Ormond P66? Been meaning to ask.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Level 2 is great, but I rarely get to Etihad these days. Much prefer the MCG. Centre wing, 2nd level, AFL Members....can't beat it.

Yep, he is our head trainer. Were you in the police force with him?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Level 2 is great, but I rarely get to Etihad these days. Much prefer the MCG. Centre wing, 2nd level, AFL Members....can't beat it.

No I wasn't, but I know him and Warren from a few years ago. Might come down and check out his aging form!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No I wasn't, but I know him and Warren from a few years ago. Might come down and check out his aging form!
Can I ask who Warren is and I remember you mentioning Oatsey's name one day and I never did ask you how you knew he coached our club. I may as well now and do you know him too.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, Warren is Hans' son. Also a trainer at St Kilda.

No I don't know Oatesy personally. Just know names around the traps. Some I remember, some I don't.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Sorry, Warren is Hans' son. Also a trainer at St Kilda.

No I don't know Oatesy personally. Just know names around the traps. Some I remember, some I don't.
No worries.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

like the two steves' down there..... :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-) 8-)

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Not to sure about the Steve's stinger. I do know that a bloke on the committee down there is connected in some way with St Kilda FC....pretty sure that bloke is P66.

But if he's connected with local footy, he can't be too bad, can he?? :lol:

Anyone who volunteers for local footy, or in fact the St Kilda FC, is alright by me...no matter how sarcastic he can be!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
stinger wrote:

Not to sure about the Steve's stinger. I do know that a bloke on the committee down there is connected in some way with St Kilda FC....pretty sure that bloke is P66.

Anyone who volunteers for local footy, or in fact the St Kilda FC, is alright by me...no matter how sarcastic he can be!!

except that i have it on good authority.. :wink: ...that ross suspects him of being the club's leaker..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
stinger wrote:

except that i have it on good authority.. :wink: ...that ross suspects him of being the club's leaker..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I leak nothing because I know nothing. If I knew something you would think I would the side right at least once a year. I certainly havent this year and not much at all last year but have your fun.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
stinger wrote:

I don't believe that at the moment, but I remember about 4-5 years ago taking P66 to task about publishing the teams before they were made public, or something along those lines. I haven't issue with that since though that I can remember.

Ross runs such a tight ship, I doubt anything gets leaked these days other than via Sam Gilbert's facebook account.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
Ross runs such a tight ship, I doubt anything gets leaked these days other than via Sam Gilbert's facebook account.
pay that... :wink: 8-)

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Iit all seems a pretty sad situation. The Club depends on its supporters, particularly those that are prepared to put in a little extra.

What they "say" and what they "do" to support members is clearly at odds. How in the hell do they expect to maintain membership, social club membership and other support group functions, if they don't "show" that they appreciate your support and deliver satisfactory functions.

I suggest a few emails to Michael Nettlefold would be well worthwhile, reminding him about the Clubs "poor service delivery." :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Iit all seems a pretty sad situation. The Club depends on its supporters, particularly those that are prepared to put in a little extra.

What they "say" and what they "do" to support members is clearly at odds. How in the hell do they expect to maintain membership, social club membership and other support group functions, if they don't "show" that they appreciate your support and deliver satisfactory functions.

I suggest a few emails to Michael Nettlefold would be well worthwhile, reminding him about the Clubs "poor service delivery." :roll:
But some people have said the function was good. It really depends on what you expect for what you pay. I reckon a $120 a head function for a AFL footy club doesnt get you a lot where as others may think that should get free eveything and all players available in attendance.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:Iit all seems a pretty sad situation. The Club depends on its supporters, particularly those that are prepared to put in a little extra.

But some people have said the function was good. It really depends on what you expect for what you pay. I reckon a $120 a head function for a AFL footy club doesnt get you a lot where as others may think that should get free eveything and all players available in attendance.
$120 a head seems a bit stiff.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

I was told that every non-playing player would be in attendance. This did not happen.
I was also told and assumed that since i had 9 tickets that all 9 of my guests would be on the 1 table. This did not happen with 4 of us having to sit on another table.
The food was crappy and you got about 1 bit off a plate and would have been lucky to have 6 different plates for entire function.

Expected a bit more for what you pay in sponsorship and everything.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It probably is for individuals but many who go to these type of things are corporates and sponsors so they can claim it as a deduction.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It probably is for individuals but many who go to these type of things are corporates and sponsors so they can claim it as a deduction.
I see my attempt at gutter humour flopped.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I was told that every non-playing player would be in attendance. This did not happen.
I was also told and assumed that since i had 9 tickets that all 9 of my guests would be on the 1 table. This did not happen with 4 of us having to sit on another table.
The food was crappy and you got about 1 bit off a plate and would have been lucky to have 6 different plates for entire function.

Hey thunda boy, that other Saints fan page doesn’t keep crapping on about the crepes!

Toughen up and give us some footy news or I may have to change allegiances. :wink:

PS: Bon Appétit :P

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Hey thunda boy, that other Saints fan page doesn’t keep crapping on about the crepes!

Toughen up and give us some footy news or I may have to change allegiances. :wink:

PS: Bon Appétit :P
:o :o Well they are creeps afterall so no suprise they arent complaining :lol:

U want some footy news?? Crocker had his arm in a sling when he appeared at the function & Ledger is a midget :shock:

Heres the great man speaking to the room

St Lenny
Club Player

Ahhhhhhhhh, Lenny, couldnt someone take a close up. Gee he is in a suit :oops:

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

St Lenny wrote:Ahhhhhhhhh, Lenny, couldnt someone take a close up. Gee he is in a suit :oops:
The SS guys were on table right in front of where they are speaking so one them might have a closer pic of him.