In defence of Kosi !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saintslegendLH wrote:
bobmurray wrote:It doesn't matter how much effort people put into their posts trying to defend Kosi......He struggles with the game but Ross loves him and i'm sure he will keep picking him and i'm sure people will keep potting him for below par performances...you can't hang your hat on the few successes he has..

hang on a minute.......you just did

Were you not watching kosi's two games before this one? or were you not watching the finals last year?? Is it a coincidence that riewoldt always plays better with kosi in the team.

And with you saying all k's reasons were excuses,

look at all the examples this year, i.e cotchin who finally had a full preseason and is dominating. Kosi had a small preseason and was rushed way too early in my opinion, and had to miss a game after he injured his ancle again in the brisbane game.

what about 2009? do you think he was useless then, did he struggle with the game??

48 goals, and 11 brownlow votes. and its not like he was 'the target' in a successful team, riewoldt kicked 79 goals that year and kosi along with milne etc. were always second options.

i love how quickly some of you jump off some of our players, or as sainterk pointed out choose to ignore the bad form of our stars at times, but as soon as the wipping boys are out of form you guys attack them without giving them time to prove themselves...kosi has had 2 bad games. 1 against brisbane were he was rushed back and yesterday after two good games.
hey..he's only 28...i'll give him another 4 years but after that it'll be too late..by then we'll be fresh out of straws

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Kosi has never been the same player since that incident with Giansiracusa.
The tragic part is, that it was Kosi's own lack of awareness that day, that contributed to the bump. I hate to see individual players being singled out for the blow torch from our supporters, as it does nothing to encourage them. In all honesty, Kosi and some others have had a good run in the "blow torch stakes" perhaps the time has arrived for the guy to be given the respect his service to the club merits, and to be selected on FORM, if this means a stint at Sandy to gain confidence/form or whatever so be it. To be an "automatic choice" on current form is simply embarrassing the lad.
Perhaps a spot in central defence for Sandy where his marks could be of advantage, and then see how he shapes up in WINNING his place back?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Let's attack someone else.

With the side struggling and its leaders struggling, Mr "2 goals a game average so he is a star" slow jogs onto the ground last, slow jogs thru the banner last, slow jogs behind everyone else bouncing his own ball and then enjoys himself having shots on goal.

Jagged 3 opportunistic goals in the first quarter, then went missing as the heat came on (again) - attracting opposition taunts for this at half time.

Did not "lift" as a response to this but contributed to opposition confidence by trying to take on the park resulting in half a dozen free kicks being given against him as he tried to duck thru tackles.

And you attack Koschitzke who jumped into the contest from the outset, getting his hands on the ball and winning and influencinmg possessions - then copped a heavy hit to the head, then another that put him down for the count followed shortly after by a third in a marking contest.

Spent frequent time on the bench resulting in Riewoldt, Fisher and Dawson (automaitc goals to Melbourne from Dawson who did not get near the ball) having to ruck but still put a perfect pass onto Schnieder's chest, jagging the kick sideways at the last moment when under extreme pressure.

And if you are relying on TV coverage to form an opinion - and relying on the comments of self serving, egotistical commentators - forget it.

Riewoldt and Koschitzke know exactly where they are positioning on the park - and Riewoldt takes preference.

Have a look at how they work together some time.
Where were you watching the game from, The Koschitzke Family Box?
If that's jumping into the contest and getting his hands on it, why isn't he doing anything with it?
As for getting a couple of knocks, Roo cops them every week and still manages to compete, unlike #23 who wanders around like a lost child.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Megsie
Club Player

Love Kossie but he is soft.
Nick Winmar had more guts & determination in his first game than Kossie
yesterday.

older saint
SS Life Member

Kosi is important to structure but is also a confidence player which is low at the moment.
Subiaco will kill him . Send him to Sandy and get his hands on the ball and confidence then bring him back the week after with some touch and feeling good about himself.

His lack of second efforts yesterday and lack of chase was very ordinary.Knee inthe head may be part of that but i have seen roo chase after being Ko'd in marking contests.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good post Older saint!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)