We have to cut the cancer out (Goddard and Roo)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Disgraceful thread.
Why so?
Because it is crap. Can you understand that.l
Feels dirty agreeing with plugger, but he's right.

Disgraceful thread indeed.
Ok I'll ask you too, why-so.

santazzi
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Why so?

Cairnsman do not waste your time waiting for a reasonable answer. I believe there a few spin doctors in here retained by the club to shout down any sign of dissent. P66 is the leader. There are a few who show some independence of mind and worth taking note of their opinion: eg Bigmart, stinger, Eastern etc...............and P66 do not bother to respond to this post..........I shall not.............

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Why so?

Cairnsman do not waste your time waiting for a reasonable answer. I believe there a few spin doctors in here retained by the club to shout down any sign of dissent. P66 is the leader. There are a few who show some independence of mind and worth taking note of their opinion: eg Bigmart, stinger, Eastern etc...............and P66 do not bother to respond to this post..........I shall not.............
Well I will respond. You are a moron if you honestly think BJ is the problem with the club. Our club is gone for the next 5-7 years but you think I see things through rose cloured glasses but for any moron to think BJ is the problem just has no idea about footy. Moronic thread. Why would anyone give a reasonable answer to a moronic thread.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
santazzi wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Why so?

Well I will respond. You are a moron if you honestly think BJ is the problem with the club. Our club is gone for the next 5-7 years but you think I see things through rose cloured glasses but for any moron to think BJ is the problem just has no idea about footy. Moronic thread. Why would anyone give a reasonable answer to a moronic thread.
It sounds reasonable...for you. But for the rest here is my independent view. BJ is not the problem, his attitude is the problem. A lot are talking about it. Supporters, media and other pundits that do not follow the club. Let's be smart about it. If we are 5-7 years away from a premiership then the best thing we can do is trade players that are trade-able for players that are going to help us reach a premiership in 5-7 years time. I love the club more than i love individual players.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
santazzi wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Why so?

It sounds reasonable...for you. But for the rest here is my independent view. BJ is not the problem, his attitude is the problem. A lot are talking about it. Supporters, media and other pundits that do not follow the club. Let's be smart about it. If we are 5-7 years away from a premiership then the best thing we can do is trade players that are trade-able for players that are going to help us reach a premiership in 5-7 years time. I love the club more than i love individual players.
You dont just trade players because you cant win a flag. Loyalty is a pretty important aspect of the club. BJ's attitude during a game aint the problem but mentally like many others he is struggling. That is no reason to drop him though. It certainly will not help us to win games.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It may come as a shock to you Cairnsman, but BJ actually cracked it sometimes last year, when he was considered an elite midfielder.

Some people just have a temper.

Some people just have high expecations of themselves.

Hardly worthy of being put on the trade table.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:FACT: We are falling in a heap, all off field drama's mostly because of that slag KD and losing 2 premierships has finally taken its toll....

Yeah yeah I know my glass is half empty but I am not going to set myself up for heartache when I know we are absolutely no chance in 2011.
Time for Ross to get rid of the non believers at seasons end, blood the kids and set themselves up for 2012 and beyond.

Don't let it ruin your year, make sure you go and enjoy some time with your family's, cherish the moments with your kids / grand kids. !!!!
Precisely!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
santazzi wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Why so?

You dont just trade players because you cant win a flag. Loyalty is a pretty important aspect of the club. BJ's attitude during a game aint the problem but mentally like many others he is struggling. That is no reason to drop him though. It certainly will not help us to win games.
Westcoast and Carlton benefited from the Judd trade. Westcoast were in huge trouble at the time only a year after winning a flag. Judd wanted out and Westcoast did a great deal. Westcoast will be pressing in a year or two. There’s your 5-7 years. Even if we tank and bottom out like the pies did in 2004 and 2005 to pick up Swan, Pendlebry and Thomas we probably wont get that sort of quality with GWS give all of the priority. I'd trade Goddard.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
santazzi wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Why so?

Westcoast and Carlton benefited from the Judd trade. Westcoast were in huge trouble at the time only a year after winning a flag. Judd wanted out and Westcoast did a great deal. Westcoast will be pressing in a year or two. There’s your 5-7 years. Even if we tank and bottom out like the pies did in 2004 and 2005 to pick up Swan, Pendlebry and Thomas we probably wont get that sort of quality with GWS give all of the priority. I'd trade Goddard.
So WC WOULDN'T be pressing in a couple of years if Judd were still at the club? He's only 27 yrs old you know. They traded him b/c they had no choice, not b/c they 'were looking to the future.'

Pies never tanked. They discarded players they thought weren't capable of taking them any further. You honestly believe that Riewoldt and BJ fall into that category? Don't recall Buckley, Clement, or Burns ever being on the trade table and none of those players played in the pies premiership team. Swan wasn't picked up early in the draft either. From memory I think he was a rookie actually.

Your suggestion of trading our two best players, (both former #1 draft picks and ranked by most in the best 10 players in the league) is non sensical and bordering on baiting/trolling. We really WOULD be a laughing stock if we were to do this. It smacks of complete panic stations and incompetence. If we traded them most of our list that are capable would probably want to leave as well. Maybe we could then rebuild alah the GC Suns - except w/o the draft pick concessions. :roll:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

What is it with all this troll talk. Lets get out of the kids playground and growup.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:What is it with all this troll talk. Lets get out of the kids playground and growup.
Yes lets. And instead of throwing all our toys out of the cot and suggesting to offload our best two assets at the club b/c our team isn't winning come up with some mature suggestions while we're at it. Accusing Roo and BJ of being cancers at our club actually insults real supporters.

PJ
SS Life Member

You're entitled to an opinion CM but I think this ones way off target.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

stuff it i agree
add lenny to that list and make it three
the blokes done bugger all this year

:!:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:What is it with all this troll talk. Lets get out of the kids playground and growup.
Yes lets. And instead of throwing all our toys out of the cot and suggesting to offload our best two assets at the club b/c our team isn't winning come up with some mature suggestions while we're at it. Accusing Roo and BJ of being cancers at our club actually insults real supporters.
I didn't say trade both of them. I'd only trade one of them. For example, Goddard for Swallow at GC. That would be an excellent fit in my mind. Oh and by the way I didn't realise you were a "real" supporter. My appologies.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

goddard for swallow

F*** me
seriously, i know its early, but roll me one would ya?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Goddard & Roo...Cancers..... ladies and gentlemen we have just entered Bizzaro World.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

silly suggestion IMO

no news on Saints today on here because all topics have been covered by
some posters on here .
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 6047979805

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

was just reading that same article

8-)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:goddard for swallow

F*** me
seriously, i know its early, but roll me one would ya?
So if it was possible you wouldn't go for it Matrix?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

the post wasnt clear enough?
:?

ok:
no i would not

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:the post wasnt clear enough?
:?

ok:
no i would not
Denial is not a river in Egypt.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Goddard & Roo...Cancers..... ladies and gentlemen we have just entered Bizzaro World.
Well I agree with the OP. Absolute cancers. So is that cancer Ross Lyon.

Get rid of all of them.

bj for swallow
roo for petrie
Ross Lyon for Terry Wallace.

Guaranteed for at least three premierships.

Why wasn't it done before all of these cancers infected the club. My suggestion was before the 2009 season as the club were useless in those two year. Not even close to a premiership.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

denial of what?
your opinion?

you go right ahead and keep posting about trading bj, and thinking about changing over and following the suns.

your opinions

i however think:
*its round 6
*the guy is a fantastic player
*we have seen what he is capable of on the big stage
*we should keep him
*that using the denial thing is the second time ive read it on here in a month

im guessing that those opinions are not reasonable and sane

go saints

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:denial of what?
your opinion?

you go right ahead and keep posting about trading bj, and thinking about changing over and following the suns.

your opinions

i however think:
*its round 6
*the guy is a fantastic player
*we have seen what he is capable of on the big stage
*we should keep him
*that using the denial thing is the second time ive read it on here in a month

im guessing that those opinions are not reasonable and sane

go saints
Sanity is a river in Seaford :D

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Goddard & Roo...Cancers..... ladies and gentlemen we have just entered Bizzaro World.
Well I agree with the OP. Absolute cancers. So is that cancer Ross Lyon.

Get rid of all of them.

bj for swallow
roo for petrie
Ross Lyon for Terry Wallace.

Guaranteed for at least three premierships.

Why wasn't it done before all of these cancers infected the club. My suggestion was before the 2009 season as the club were useless in those two year. Not even close to a premiership.
Maybe Joey and Dal are just benign melanomas ?