The Move to Seaford

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
spert wrote:I just wonder how much this travelling to Seaford is getting in the players heads, as I reckon a lot of them would be living up close to the CBD and would be reluctant to move down the road. I used to travel from Elwood to Chelsea to rehearse with a band a couple of times a week and that started getting to me after a couple of months and I reckon me travelling a few more suburbs down the road to Seaford would have broke the camel's back a lot earlier.
Oh C'mon spert, it is their workplace. They kick a footy around for big bucks and they cant drive 30 minutes to their workplace?

Bloody precious princesses if thats the case.
Well that is exactly how the clowns are playing like at the moment eh JB?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
oh when
Club Player

Time to toughen up

Welcome to the real world - toughen up guys

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Surely its more to do with us not standing up to the AFL and not wearing black shorts today :roll:
I'm blaming the lack of sarcasm. But at least you are working on it.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to toughen up

oh when wrote:Welcome to the real world - toughen up guys
wtf is the real world? people choosing to buy houses a long way from where they work, then having to drive two hours a day?

i rent in the inner city and ride my bike fifteen minutes to work every day. that's a choice that people make in the real world. if my workplace moved so that i had to drive, and commute for three times as long, i'd be pissed off and probably change jobs. so why shouldn't st kilda players be the same?

spert
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
spert wrote:I just wonder how much this travelling to Seaford is getting in the players heads, as I reckon a lot of them would be living up close to the CBD and would be reluctant to move down the road. I used to travel from Elwood to Chelsea to rehearse with a band a couple of times a week and that started getting to me after a couple of months and I reckon me travelling a few more suburbs down the road to Seaford would have broke the camel's back a lot earlier.
Oh C'mon spert, it is their workplace. They kick a footy around for big bucks and they cant drive 30 minutes to their workplace?

Bloody precious princesses if thats the case.
Well that is exactly how the clowns are playing like at the moment eh JB?
Well a few princesses didn't want the hard ball the other day against Essendon, and if RL follows his form a couple of them would be going down to VFL level. If they're like me, I hate travelling..period!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Nice one!!! It IS a joke is it not? I mean, moving to a new state-of-the-art training facility is the reason we're seeing what we're seeing? Extra driving to training? ......MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if our players are allowing something like this to affect their collective psyche then we really are in the schitt!!!!
I reckon someones having a lend of us! I mean, I know that Moorabbin is our spiritual home and all that, but it's not exactly the Taj mahal is it?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:[it'd piss me right off if i'd bought a nice house in brighton, and i was used to driving ten minutes down the road to and from work. now all of a sudden i'm driving forty-five minutes twice a day, along the nepean which isn't exactly the most enjoyable drive, going through about a hundred traffic lights.
just as well a couple have bought new homes closer to training then

and take the Beach Road- only 60 kph BUT not as many traffic lights and traffic generally only turns one way. prettier too...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

A serious question needs to be asked.

Can driving an extra 25 minutes to work cause fatigue resulting in no tackles inside 50?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:A serious question needs to be asked.

Can driving an extra 25 minutes to work cause fatigue resulting in no tackles inside 50?
it's pretty hard to directly pinpoint the cause of their lack of motivation.

but have you ever had one of those days at work where you stare at the computer screen, make endless cups of coffee, have a chat, go on saintsational and get approximately f***-all done in your eight hours?

when that happens to me, it's because i'm unmotivated for whatever reason. might be because i had a big weekend. might be because the job i've been given is boring. or might be because there's been a change in circumstances which is annoying me - like the move to seaford could potentially do.

i don't think it's the only cause. but it probably contributes for some players.

spert
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SainterK wrote:A serious question needs to be asked.

it's pretty hard to directly pinpoint the cause of their lack of motivation.

but have you ever had one of those days at work where you stare at the computer screen, make endless cups of coffee, have a chat, go on saintsational and get approximately f***-all done in your eight hours?

when that happens to me, it's because i'm unmotivated for whatever reason. might be because i had a big weekend. might be because the job i've been given is boring. or might be because there's been a change in circumstances which is annoying me - like the move to seaford could potentially do.

i don't think it's the only cause. but it probably contributes for some players.
I would be really surprised if the move to Seaford was a happy one for some of the players - I reckon it's unpopular, and added to the many other disruptive things since GF time, there would be no surprise that the playing group is unsettled and we now see the results. I only hope that the team have had the sufficient kick up the bum this week to get the season re-booted!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote: wtf is the real world? people choosing to buy houses a long way from where they work, then having to drive two hours a day?
Most people have to commute about an hour each way a day.
bergholt wrote:i rent in the inner city and ride my bike fifteen minutes to work every day. that's a choice that people make in the real world.
Great financial planning. Pissing money up against a wall in rent, paying for someone elses retirement. But hey keep it up, people like you keep landlords like me in a secure place.
bergholt wrote: if my workplace moved so that i had to drive, and commute for three times as long, i'd be pissed off and probably change jobs. so why shouldn't st kilda players be the same?
So you have a career path as tenuous as your financial planning?

Your real world sounds very delusional :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Nice one!!! It IS a joke is it not? I mean, moving to a new state-of-the-art training facility is the reason we're seeing what we're seeing? Extra driving to training? ......MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if our players are allowing something like this to affect their collective psyche then we really are in the schitt!!!!
I reckon someones having a lend of us! I mean, I know that Moorabbin is our spiritual home and all that, but it's not exactly the Taj mahal is it?
Your right, I have been sucked in, this surely is a piss take. Are people actually putting this forward as a reason?

Oh FFS we are up s.hit creek then if thats the case.

So some are actually suggesting that, not only do the players expect to play AFL football as a right, but have had a hissy fit because their training facilities aren't next door - give me a break :roll:

Maybe they should all leave. they could end up in Perth or Western Sydney which is a lot further away than bloody Seaford.

If this is the mentality of Gen Y's, they are precious prima donna's who dont deserve to play AFL. there are footballers out there that would give their left knacker to drive 45 minutes a day to get paid for playing footy.

My God :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bergholt wrote: wtf is the real world? people choosing to buy houses a long way from where they work, then having to drive two hours a day?
Most people have to commute about an hour each way a day.
most people choose to commute about an hour each way a day?
joffaboy wrote:
bergholt wrote:i rent in the inner city and ride my bike fifteen minutes to work every day. that's a choice that people make in the real world.
Great financial planning. Pissing money up against a wall in rent, paying for someone elses retirement. But hey keep it up, people like you keep landlords like me in a secure place.
the current residential yield where i live is about 3%. if that's the best you can do with your money then i feel for you.

on the other hand, i own a house out where i don't want to live. conveniently, it gets me a yield of about 6%. pays its own mortgage. and yet i get to live fifteen minutes from my work, and not waste ten hours a week sitting in a car. i don't mind that "financial planning".
joffaboy wrote:
bergholt wrote: if my workplace moved so that i had to drive, and commute for three times as long, i'd be pissed off and probably change jobs. so why shouldn't st kilda players be the same?
So you have a career path as tenuous as your financial planning?
i'm fairly employable. but maybe that's not the real world. though with 5% unemployment, surely there are plenty of jobs for everyone?

starsign
Club Player

HAS the move from Moorabbin to Seaford, another half an hour down the road, had an impact on the psyche of the playing group?

If you're used to having lattes in Brighton, it surely is not as appealing to be further down the coast.

Extra time in the car is never nice.

Who isn't happier if they live closer to work?

It is known St Kilda players were far from thrilled with their longer commute, but the trade-off is better facilities.

As Carlton's Brock McLean explained after leaving Melbourne: "I will say that driving distance from my home in Maribyrnong to Casey was a consideration.

"It took me an hour to get there and on a bad day two hours along the Monash to get back. It isn't ideal being in a car for an hour before you are going to run around for a couple of hours. Your back seizes up, your hammies get tight."
from todays Sun for what it's worth
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 6037538791

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Brock McClean what a softcock!!! This "hard man" left Melbourne because of the extra driving??? (and not the money :roll: )
Are these guys asking us to believe that they can't organise their day well enough to avoid traffic?? I mean its not as if they're doing twelve hour shifts at a car factory for gods sake!!!! PUR -LEEEEEASE!!!! :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the problem is you cant get a good latte in Seaford?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Anyway I was always keen to see the Saints back at Junction Oval as their base, after all we are St Kilda football club. Could have been great with a refurbished facility there.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Apparently(?) you can get a good punch-on though???? :wink:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Brock McClean what a softcock!!! This "hard man" left Melbourne because of the extra driving??? (and not the money :roll: )
Are these guys asking us to believe that they can't organise their day well enough to avoid traffic?? I mean its not as if they're doing twelve hour shifts at a car factory for gods sake!!!! PUR -LEEEEEASE!!!! :roll:
Not as though they work normal hours either.

FFS they live a charmed life. Even the rookies.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

Amazing that an interstate team has ever won a flag, having to drive to the airport and get on a plane every other week.... do all the Cats players live in Geelong?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Brock McClean what a softcock!!! This "hard man" left Melbourne because of the extra driving??? (and not the money :roll: )
Cleary the Dome's made em soft.

"Ohhh, I can't play today it's too wet."

"Ohhh, I can't train today it's too far away."

Maybe that's the real reason we rested those stars back in 2009.

"Ohhh, I can't play today because it's too cold in Tassie."

Has it really come to this :roll:

Ice Wolf
Club Player

If the drive from Brighton is too much for them, might i suggest they think about buying houses on Olivers Hill, or in Mt Eliza, Mount Martha ect.

Plenty of properties that are just as good or better than those in Brighton.

Some of the country boys might even think about buying large properties in Mooroduc, Tyabb, Hastings etc.

Lots of great Golf Course down that way for those that are that way inclined.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:If the drive from Brighton is too much for them, might i suggest they think about buying houses on Olivers Hill, or in Mt Eliza, Mount Martha ect.

Plenty of properties that are just as good or better than those in Brighton.

Some of the country boys might even think about buying large properties in Mooroduc, Tyabb, Hastings etc.

Lots of great Golf Course down that way for those that are that way inclined.
Agreed. My brother in law lives in Mt Eliza and it's a beautiful spot, with easy access to Mornington and the Peninsula.

The property will always be a good investment if they wish to sell it down the track.

Of course they can always stay where they are and make the journey in their expensive, comfortable modern vehicles. I doubt any of them are driving EJ Holdens.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Of course they can always stay where they are and make the journey in their expensive, comfortable modern vehicles. I doubt any of them are driving EJ Holdens.
A few weeks ago I was driving past the Seaford training facility and I'm sure I saw Roo driving a Nissan X-Trail... hardly a luxury vehicle... :lol:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
A few weeks ago I was driving past the Seaford training facility and I'm sure I saw Roo driving a Nissan X-Trail... hardly a luxury vehicle... :lol:
A 4WD is a good choice just in case a certain girl is blocking your path into the facility :wink: