Who is the next A grader?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Tom Curren (very early to call though) :shock:

Regarding Armitage on Friday, I reckon he more than held his own, gee some folks are hard taskmasters
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Wed 30 Mar 2011 3:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

No Contract, No contact :shock:
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Getting the opportunity to perform will be key to finding any more A-graders. I think it's near impossible to prove yourself an A-grader without getting into an elite position: onballer, key forward, key back or a loose back type of role. RL leans heavily on our four AA players on the ball, we've got all the key posts covered. Somebody is going to have to grab a crumb and make a meal of it to get to that level.

IMO, only two players have made the jump to A-grader since RL took over: Gilbert and Montagna.

The guys I would peg as most likely to become genuine A-graders would be: McEvoy, Stanley, Lynch, Cripps and Smith. There's no reason anyone not on that list couldn't become an A-grader. There's also no guarantee that any of those five will become one. I would just rate those five as the most likely to move into positions where they would be capable of having that kind of impact.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Lynch might surprise but at the moment he and Heyne don't seem to have much to offer.......

Footballers.....yes
AFL standard.....?

The Saints are not a production line for player development, unlike other clubs, but that's maybe why we now have so many development coaches..

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cant see many if any A graders from our second third and fourth year players. Winmar has class and could be very good and Stanley may improve. Way to early to call anyone from this year.

This just proves to me the window will shut in 2 years and will shut very quickly. Please win it now as the cycle starts again shortly.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Personally I'm expecting Jimmy Gwilt to continue the form he showed last year and turn into an AA player.

Does that make him a future 'A grader'?

spert
Saintsational Legend

A potential "A" grader would be showing some obvious form, I don't see anyone coming through the ranks who is making a statement yet. Ledger could be the best possibility of all the new bunch, but I need to see more from Cripps and Winmar. This is the year that Geary, Stanley, Steven, Heyne, Lynch and Cahill need to put their hands up, and really lift their workrate.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

gwilt is just playing a role
he is the last line of defence in the pack, he is always the get out and go to man...watch, he's job is to stay behind to receive the ball out of a pack, contest and he does it well.

what im wondering is people are commenting on steven and stanley having the incident in nz and its interupted training and preseason and fitness.....ok, granted, but do we see zac with this prob???????

have the other two don NO preseason training or something?
if no then they should be ready to knock on the door for a game bar injury.

unless either had an injury?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I believe in Steven

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs