Good Call, Bad Call

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

With many now thinking the rest of the comp have caught on to us- some even suggesting Collingwood have taken our game plan and perfected it, Is it reasonable to conclude that should StKilda again walk away with the silver, the game has passed Lyon?

If not sucessful this year is Lyons time with St Kilda up. GC BC?

(for the record Im not actually sure on my call on this one. Was the topic of discussion all christmas hoildays.. may supporters seem divided. Although most of us think his one of the best we have had! Personally however I think we have gone through enough coachs i would like to see him achieve what he set out for)

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
goddardisgod
Club Player

dals_da_bomb wrote:With many now thinking the rest of the comp have caught on to us- some even suggesting Collingwood have taken our game plan and perfected it, Is it reasonable to conclude that should StKilda again walk away with the silver, the game has passed Lyon?

If not sucessful this year is Lyons time with St Kilda up. GC BC?

(for the record Im not actually sure on my call on this one. Was the topic of discussion all christmas hoildays.. may supporters seem divided. Although most of us think his one of the best we have had! Personally however I think we have gone through enough coachs i would like to see him achieve what he set out for)
Bad call. One of the reasons for our success is our general stability. By the end of this year, Lyon will surpass Stan Alves on games coached, meaning our 2 coaches from the last 10 years or so will be 2&3 on the most games coached.

In that time frame we have had: 2 night premierships, 6 finals series, 5 top 4 finishes, 5 prelims and 3 grand finals.

It's still a big issue, so I'm willing to accept any argument.

GC/BC.

Ross will respond "For s***s and Giggles." when the media questions us on Gilbert and Hayes to GWS, in exchange for Benji Marshal and Sonny Bill-Williams.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by goddardisgod on Wed 16 Mar 2011 5:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Dean Polo to play 10 to 15 games this season... Bad Call. Would mean too many others are not up to scratch.
why did we recruit him again? another slow guy who cant kick. awesome just what we need!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote: If not sucessful this year is Lyons time with St Kilda up. GC BC?
BAD CALL
Silly call, ridiculous call. 2 Grandfinals and a pre-lim over the last 3 years clearly show that he knows something.
Would be happy to see him rebuild the list if need be.

Jason Gram is now officially outside the best 22 (23 or whatever)

defacto
Club Player

good call. wont win alot of support here but i am predicting gram will be traded at the end of the year.

good call, bad call. goddard will be made captain for 2012.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote: If not sucessful this year is Lyons time with St Kilda up. GC BC?

line ball call. my belief is hes the best coach available BUT i also think we might try and keep him but he might walk anyway. hes a professional coach and if the blues throw big money and the chance to stay and work in his home area he will be mighty tempted.

Milney will finally get the respect he craves from the footy world in 2011. Good call bad call.

goddardisgod
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

line ball call. my belief is hes the best coach available BUT i also think we might try and keep him but he might walk anyway. hes a professional coach and if the blues throw big money and the chance to stay and work in his home area he will be mighty tempted.

Milney will finally get the respect he craves from the footy world in 2011. Good call bad call.
Bad Call. No one respects the rat bag.

Milney would be a far more effective player with 5 midfield minutes at the start of each quarter.

Good call bad call.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bad call, he'd get smashed in there at the first bounce

opp supporters should not be allowed in here and registrations should be closed

fantastic call matrix

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bad call banning opposition supporters on the forum- they are the only thing that stops us fighting with each other.

Kimmies title should be changed to the collingwood school girl -good call bad call?

Seriously though the Dogs may be ready to go this season, Pies were in the same position for a few years and broke through, trimmed some dead wood topped up. Maybe the year of the Dog- good call or bad call?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

its not collingwood....bad call
year of the dog...bad call

bergsone
SS Life Member

R Harvey will be our next coach after Lyon,seems to like the coaching caper GC BC

Solar
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:R Harvey will be our next coach after Lyon,seems to like the coaching caper GC BC
early call, romantic call, I have read too many boys own calll.....

Will we cave in and play in our away jumper for our home match against the bombers in round 3?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

likely call- re clash jumper vs Bombers. So Good Call for me.

Bad Call - Goddard being captain 2012. I think he will be vice.
(actually i would like him to be captain but i dont think he will be)

St Kildas next hope of a Brownlow Medal rests with Goddard. His a real chance 2011. Good Call Bad Call?

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:St Kildas next hope of a Brownlow Medal rests with Goddard. His a real chance 2011. Good Call Bad Call?
Bad call.

He's more than a real chance! :P Place at worst I believe.

Gamble could be the X-Factor to take us that one step further this season. GC? BC?

They walk amongst us...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
dals_da_bomb wrote:St Kildas next hope of a Brownlow Medal rests with Goddard. His a real chance 2011. Good Call Bad Call?
Bad call.

He's more than a real chance! :P Place at worst I believe.

Gamble could be the X-Factor to take us that one step further this season. GC? BC?
Good call, will kick goals and plays taller then he is listed. Will need to work on his off the ball work and workrate on the whole to keep getting games.

Is the Bubble the most insightful football book ever written?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:Is the Bubble the most insightful football book ever written?
Bad Call...

Click here for the most insightful book ever written

They walk amongst us...

Slash

HSVKing wrote:
Bad Call...

Amusing but terrible call.

Leigh Montanga will have a standout, Brownlow winning year in 2011 and lead St Kilda to there second flag

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Slash wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
Bad Call...

Amusing but terrible call.
Couldn't be any worse than any call ever made by Caro :wink: :P

They walk amongst us...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bad call on Montagna, if we grab a premiership it will probably be Roo and goddard that tie in a brownlow and a bit of help for Lenny from Armo etc.

Best list of potential stars waiting in the wings for 5 years. GCBC?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

BAD CALL

Rose coloured glasses call. With limited opportunities taken into consideration, few of these youngsters have actually looked like making it.
Armitage
Steven
McQualter
Eddy
Geary
McEvoy

Have all shown a glimpse but really have not looked like commanding a spot at all with the exception of McEvoy really

Stanley
Archer
Walsh
Cripps

Have all shown good progress for their ages/development but little more (and little more could be expected at the moment)

Ross Lyon's weakness as a coach is youngster development? GCBC

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:BAD CALL

Rose coloured glasses call. With limited opportunities taken into consideration, few of these youngsters have actually looked like making it.
Armitage
Steven
McQualter
Eddy
Geary
McEvoy

Have all shown a glimpse but really have not looked like commanding a spot at all with the exception of McEvoy really

Stanley
Archer
Walsh
Cripps

Have all shown good progress for their ages/development but little more (and little more could be expected at the moment)

Ross Lyon's weakness as a coach is youngster development? GCBC
Bad call. RL has a team with a core that are elite and in their prime. His focus surely has to be on them and the neccessary supporting cast and not some snot nose teenagers. That's not to say he shouldn't have a management plan for the youngsters with an assitant in place to administer the plan.

Ross Lyon is one of the best coaches going around at the moment and it would be a crying shame if he doesn't coach a premiership team. GCBC

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Ross Lyon is one of the best coaches going around at the moment and it would be a crying shame if he doesn't coach a premiership team. GCBC
bad call.

it's impossible to tell after only a few years if someone's truly a good coach or a bad coach. rodney eade looked like a pretty good coach in his first few years at sydney, then looked a bit worse by the end, now after some middling successful years at the dogs it's really hard to tell if he's great, good, ok or poor. it's only at the end of his career that we'll really be close to consensus on that.

if we miss the prelim this year then the coach will go, GCBC?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Ross Lyon is one of the best coaches going around at the moment and it would be a crying shame if he doesn't coach a premiership team. GCBC
bad call.

it's impossible to tell after only a few years if someone's truly a good coach or a bad coach. rodney eade looked like a pretty good coach in his first few years at sydney, then looked a bit worse by the end, now after some middling successful years at the dogs it's really hard to tell if he's great, good, ok or poor. it's only at the end of his career that we'll really be close to consensus on that.

if we miss the prelim this year then the coach will go, GCBC?
Bad Call

That is if you're inferring the club will dismiss him, he is under contract until the end of 2012 and deserves that security.

A first game player will debut round one?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Good Call. Cripps??

Tommy Walsh to be promoted mid season GCBC

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Good Call. Cripps??

Tommy Walsh to be promoted mid season GCBC
Hopefully a bad call. Hope we are injury free and don't need to!

Riewoldt will become even bigger this season. With less rotation, players getting tired quicker, his aerobic capabilities will make him hugely important come the end of 1/4's, especially in the last with games in the balance. GC/BC

They walk amongst us...