Costello's ignorant and deceitful attack

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:he could have been the leader of this country and there is no doubt some buffoons on here would have voted for him.
not me mate.....if he was the lib leader i would have voted alp...that's how much i detest the c***....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
The Fireman wrote:he could have been the leader of this country and there is no doubt some buffoons on here would have voted for him.
not me mate.....if he was the lib leader i would have voted alp...that's how much i detest the c***....
You have such a way with words.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
me or him ? ;)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
me or him ? ;)
I am not saying but it isnt you.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
me or him ? ;)
I am not saying but it isnt you.
You said so much without actually saying anything..are you some sort of text ventriloquist ?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

To quote the infamous Latham, " He's just another Liberal Party suckhole."

He, too, had such a command of language, and writes egregious opinion pieces.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:To quote the infamous Latham, " He's just another Liberal Party suckhole."

Albeit Factual ?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
perfectionist wrote:To quote the infamous Latham, " He's just another Liberal Party suckhole."

Albeit Factual ?
Those I've read have been fanciful more than factual. But both he and Costello are entitled to their opinions, as are we. We, don't get paid and published in the daily papers, however.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

Albeit Factual ?
Those I've read have been fanciful more than factual. But both he and Costello are entitled to their opinions, as are we. We, don't get paid and published in the daily papers, however.
renumeration isn't an issue and we can be published easily enough.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Joeyjojo wrote:truth hurts.

I know mates who have done heaps of drugs with AFL stars. Anyone who thinks differently is a stupid ignorant loser who has failed at life. There also part of the bogan machine that is the AFL.

Are you a troll? from which club...let me guess.

Sounds smug enough to be a Hawthorn supporter. Ah yes, the family club!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

BTW has the IQ-challenged Alessio gone into bat for us??????

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
succinct and to the point......it isn't modesty that prevents me from using my skills with words to really describe you.....it's the mods and the rules... :wink: :wink: :wink: 8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

Albeit Factual ?
well...we don't get paid...those lazy scum journos quote..read publish.... us every day....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Joeyjojo wrote:truth hurts.

I know mates who have done heaps of drugs with AFL stars. Anyone who thinks differently is a stupid ignorant loser who has failed at life. There also part of the bogan machine that is the AFL.

Are you a troll? from which club...let me guess.

Sounds smug enough to be a Hawthorn supporter. Ah yes, the family club!
no he can't spell....gotta be filth....

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

On a serious note, did anyone else hear the caller on SEN this morning talking about the Saints visiting his school? He was a Collingwood supporter, but he just couldn't speak highly enough of the Saints and how they spoke to and engaged with kids. He was full of praise for Nick Riewoldt.

This sort of thing can really inspire kids.

Another caller spoke about players from other clubs just taking it upon themselves to do things to help young homeless people get back on their feet.

I didn't mind Costello as a politician, but in this case I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

Richter
SS Life Member

Footballers are being asked to attend disaster relief centres and hospital wards and charity events so they can use their celebrity to endorse good works
Whereas I suppose when members of parliament do it it is out of the goodness of their hearts!?

The dripping irony of a POLITICIAN (ok a has-been poli), extolling that "footballers are not chosen for their moral principles."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

If we didn't do the wrong thing in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess. Grow up, Saints.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:If we didn't do the wrong thing in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess. Grow up, Saints.
Costello made a statement to the effect that we did something inappropriate at a school clinic.

We never did.

Appreciate your vibe and all but get the guts of what you're on about straight before you sprout, Everton.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
evertonfc wrote:If we didn't do the wrong thing in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess. Grow up, Saints.
Costello made a statement to the effect that we did something inappropriate at a school clinic.

We never did.

Appreciate your vibe and all but get the guts of what you're on about straight before you sprout, Everton.
You've missed the point entirely.

When you screw up in football, you don't just get held to account for what you did wrong. You cop the whole lot - stuff that happened, stuff that didn't.

I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it is. One bit of mud becomes a mudslide, and a lot of it sticks. Misconceptions become reality.

I don't agree with it, but it's a nasty by-product of doing the wrong thing to begin with.

I'm not sure you can change this unfortunate truth. But we need to limit the amount of ammunition we are giving the public. Of course, the players are human, of course they're not trying to stuff up.

But it continues to happen. The penny isn’t dropping. So, as far as I’m concerned, the crap we’re copping...whilst not deserved, and much of it unfair, shouldn’t be surprising.

We're very focused on the fallout, but we can't control that. What we can control - or at least direct - is informing our guys about what is right, wrong, acceptable and not.

They'll make mistakes, but with proper education about the roles and responsibilities of AFL players - the trade off for the massive salaries - they might be toned down considerably.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:what about Lubo- dishing out on AFL ( and saints) after he slammed the A League and Victory last week- or was it heart he slammed.

And the way you treat women with utter disrespect is a disgrace. St Kilda have been my team since I was a little kid. ... I no longer support them because of the way they've carried on.

“And don't be fooled about this thing about promoting wogs ... The problems (AFL boss Andrew Demetriou) caused Australia's World Cup bid proved to me he sold his soul."
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 6006905574

he is speaking from experience though
"I can tell you there are players on drugs. Why? Because I am linked with the underworld and I know people and they tell me things.
Ljubo is full of s*** and he always has been.

This is a player who got sacked by Melbourne Victory for consistantly showing up late or not at all. He abandoned the team that signed him after that, Newcastle, when they desperatly needed him for one last shot at glory overseas. He claims he has been offered drugs by AFL players but then changes his story and says is involved with the underworld and thats how he knows players are on drugs. He claims to be (or have been) a Saints fan but after a Victory training session I once attended I overheard he saying he followed Essendon. He also claims he is disgusted by the AFL players "racist attitudes" but has no issue calling a Rugby League personality a "wog"

I have less than 0 respect for him and his opinion.

BANG BAMG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum