4 St Kilda players suspended following incident in NZ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Must be fairly serious to warrant a 6 week suspension

Another opportunity awaits!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Six week suspension. Great start to the pre season for these boys. Would of liked to see Stanley and steven show something in the NAB.

Dunno what it is about our club,we just find a way
Zac is an established senior player and Jack & Rhys hopefully will become the same in the future.

But what's with Cahill? He's arguably lucky to be given another year and is no closer to playing seniors than I am.

Suggests he either doesn't care about making it or was simply lead astray by his higher profile team mates.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
Devilhead wrote:What I would like to know is WHO is Damien Barrett's source???
Adrian Anderson :shock:
Yeah sounds like Adrian Anderson has dragged out the St Kilda Keys and started jingling them about to distract the media from the Collingwood story

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Devilhead wrote:What I would like to know is WHO is Damien Barrett's source within the club???
Ahh so its that players fault for squealing?
I'm more concerned with the quote that Lyon was "ropeable"

I mean .... how does Barrett know this??

Was he there??

Is he guessing??

Who told him Lyon was "ropeable"

Surey if the club have to inform the AFL re: the suspensions they are not also going to add "Oh yeah and by the way Lyon was ropeable"

Either Barrett is making it up or someone in the club has revealed this information to him

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
jonesy wrote:Six week suspension. Great start to the pre season for these boys. Would of liked to see Stanley and steven show something in the NAB.

Zac is an established senior player and Jack & Rhys hopefully will become the same in the future.

But what's with Cahill? He's arguably lucky to be given another year and is no closer to playing seniors than I am.

Suggests he either doesn't care about making it or was simply lead astray by his higher profile team mates.
I would think they are as equally dumb as each other.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Devilhead wrote:What I would like to know is WHO is Damien Barrett's source???
Adrian Anderson :shock:
Yeah sounds like Adrian Anderson has dragged out the St Kilda Keys and started jingling them about to distract the media from the Collingwood story

What a lot of crap. Making excuses seems to be our favourite past time.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Misuse of prescription drugs. Surely that isnt great.
Not great. What sort of prescription drugs can be used recreationally? Sleeping pills? Tranqs?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Disapointing to hear. Damien Barret said on his twitter that Ross Lyon told the players to 'go f... yourselves'

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
bergsone
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:So angry right now...

Grow up St Kilda :x

BTW, senior boys, stand for something and bring these kids under control.
Been in the system long enough now,not kids any more

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

I would think they are as equally dumb as each other.
Not trying to rank their relevant dumbness.

Just don't think Cahill can really afford to get involved in this crap. He's more likely to be flicked than the other 3.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:BIG f--ken deal....
Just like the photos, The fight in the nightclub, the alledged liason with a school girl and the alledged rape. Anything else I have forgotten over the last year that is no big deal.
Well you should know; you're the one who drinks with them........

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Seriously, get the four of them together and have a freaking public stoning at Intra-Club

After EVERYTHING the Club has been thru in the offf-season..after ALLLL the warnings and meetings and lectures that RL and the Leadership Group would have given especially the young players given our recent media history, THIS STILL HAPPENS??????????????????????????

I'm especially filthy 3 of them are blokes who would and should have been busting a gut to impress during the NAB Cup. Now they wont be playing at all, JUST FREAKING GREAT!!!!!

Can anyone tell I'm unsually pyssed off about this?????? If one of these guys were on our proposed sponsor list, Id be dam tempted to tell the Club we'll pick someone else thanks

Yes we support the boys thru thick and thin, but you almost have to draw the line when they do something as breathtakingly STUPID as this

:twisted: :evil: x a hundred million!!
Last edited by saint66au on Mon 31 Jan 2011 8:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Disapointing to hear. Damien Barret said on his twitter that Ross Lyon told the players to 'go f... yourselves'
Again how does he know this - who is revealing this information to him??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Devilhead wrote:What I would like to know is WHO is Damien Barrett's source within the club???
Ahh so its that players fault for squealing?
I'm more concerned with the quote that Lyon was "ropeable"

I mean .... how does Barrett know this??

Was he there??

Is he guessing??

Who told him Lyon was "ropeable"

Surey if the club have to inform the AFL re: the suspensions they are not also going to add "Oh yeah and by the way Lyon was ropeable"

Either Barrett is making it up or someone in the club has revealed this information to him
Barrett makes up most of his sh!t anyway........but Lyon would be pissed off given they've been suspended for 6 weeks. That's a fair whack. Can't see Dawson playing round 1

Another opportunity awaits!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:BIG f--ken deal....
Just like the photos, The fight in the nightclub, the alledged liason with a school girl and the alledged rape. Anything else I have forgotten over the last year that is no big deal.
Well you should know; you're the one who drinks with them........
I dont think so.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Can't help but think there are some worrying signs ahead. Not sure what the f%ck is going on down there at the moment. Have the players lost respect for Roo and Lenny after their own troubles in pre-season? Were they under that much pressure that they felt they had to do this? Hate to be a drama queen, but it looks like the player group is unraveling before our eyes. Hope I'm wrong. My immediate reaction is just extreme disapointment, and the behaviour is something I would expect from a Brendan Fevola.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Idiots...

Such a big ban illustrates that the 'prescription drugs' is an issue. Or just making a massive statement!

Any clue or clarity on possible misuse possibilities???

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Am I allowed to say I'm especially angry with Zac, I know they are all guilty and shouldn't be seperated.....

BUT

Club throws him a lifeline, he is on his AFL second chance, shows a lot of faith in him and backs him.

Been in the headlines already.

Does St Kilda mean anything to him?

CULTURE is a word being attached to our club alot lately, probably fair enough too.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Badlands wrote:If it's only a curfew break - and that's the end of the story, i'm almost relieved, to be honest.
Yep. Nothing in it. Nothing in anything we do. Seems like most of it is the media's fault anyway.
:D Gold! Will be interesting to see just how some on here will turn this into us being the "victims" again!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Idiots...

Such a big ban illustrates that the 'prescription drugs' is an issue. Or just making a massive statement!

Could be as simple as just drinking alcohol whilst on a medication prescribed by the team doctor that isn't to be taken with alcohol

Q5
Club Player

Zac is one of my favourites but gotta say, feel really disappointed and kinda let down by this...

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I can assure you a lot more misbehaving go's on behind the scenes still,and that's right throughout the playing group,not all of them,but it's spread across the board.

Somehow though we still play good football amongst it all. It's just frustrating that we keep giving ammo to the football world,especially after losing the last two grand finals. As a supporter,we just have to sit back and cop the criticism from opposition supporters on the chin,because they're right....

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the next era,to many scars with this one

Bring back the Lockett era
saintnick12
Club Player

This was my question too..
What the hell do they mean by mis use of prescription drugs -
taking someone elses (didn't that happen at Richmond a year or two ago) - ie sharing sleeping tablets
Or do they mean taking them as a recreational drug....surely not.

"shakes head"

Agree...what is going on down there......especially when we see players of our future, that we wanted to see taking steps forward this preseason (ie Steven and Stanley) getting involved in this kind of garbage.

Seems to be more to this than meets the eye.... :?
Last edited by saintnick12 on Mon 31 Jan 2011 8:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:

Could be as simple as just drinking alcohol whilst on a medication prescribed by the team doctor that isn't to be taken with alcohol
Thats not simple,, its breathtakingly stupid for anyone. lt alone an elite athlete

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintnick12
Club Player

Ice Wolf wrote:

I hope you are right. While not a good thing, it's at the lower end. The club has left it open to more sepeculation by mentioning it but not explaining it.
Were all 4 involved with taking prescription medications :?:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.