Never Again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

How long is "A Few Months"? and how much per week/month are we paying? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Never Again

Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
1eyedNever wrote:I will not be renewing my membership after we caved in to this maggot woman

Absolute disgrace we are paying her rent, she should have got a summons

Typical of the SKFC managment for years, no wonder we have only one flag

Fortune follows the BRAVE and as a club it is NOT.
Yep better to let it go on and on and eventually completely lose the PR battle but at least they would have your $150.
I don't see how this is winning the PR battle, we have basically admitted that the club was in the wrong, when they clearly were not. It now looks like we're trying to buy the poor little victim's silence.
Not to me but hey maybe we should have put a contract out on her. What do you think we should have done?
I say we should have gone hard line on her, FFS intervention orders if necessary. And certainly not admitted to any form of guilt by supporting her "rehabilitation".

She won't stop, she's a farking nutter, and I can't believe she still has sympthisers.

Hard tough stance would have at least sent a strong message to her and to other clubs that when she does this to you, this is how you deal with it.

No need to put a contract out on her. Just show her that in the grown up world, and that's where she wanted to play, adults can and will play hard and tough when required.
But we were doing that and it was making no difference so what is the point of continuing with that rubbish.
So by admitting some form of liability by paying for accommodation for her helps how? Shows her she can stalk whoever she wants and still get a free ride, free party. Keep an eye on her twitter, facebook and formspring over the next few months. It may go quiet short term but when the ransom money starts running out, just watch her demand more.

You don't deal with real people much, do you?
I do with many people but it seems you dont get it. We have tried other things and it hasnt worked. This is worth a go and as of yet I havent read or heard one thing that suggests we are admitting anything. Maybe you think that but luckily our PR machine is now heading in the right direction.

oneteam
Club Player

Eastern wrote:How long is "A Few Months"? and how much per week/month are we paying? !!
She is quoted on line as saying it is "until may".

and i imagine that it cant be more than $450 per week. At that level, you can rent a great 2 bedroom apartment with views at docklands( I know that myself)

Maxstar22
Club Player

Unreal some of our so called supporters....

I take it you won't be on here come GF time squeeling for a ticket :roll:

starsign
Club Player

="I Love Peter Kiel"]I say we put her up in one of those nice riverside flats with a good view of Gosh's Paddock so she can hang around Collingwood training.
Expensive but worth it.
+1 ! :roll:

and if she releases a few more of the 19 odd nudie pics she has from other clubs she may well end up with a dozen or so paid for appartments....then sub let them and Wow ....

a nice little earner for Miss Lucy Loosedraws!!! :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:
="I Love Peter Kiel"]I say we put her up in one of those nice riverside flats with a good view of Gosh's Paddock so she can hang around Collingwood training.
Expensive but worth it.
+1 ! :roll:

and if she releases a few more of the 19 odd nudie pics she has from other clubs she may well end up with a dozen or so paid for appartments....then sub let them and Wow ....

a nice little earner for Miss Lucy Loosedraws!!! :wink:
In a perfect world she would now attach herself to a tennis player and leave our boys alone :)

Quixote
SS Life Member

Like it or not it was pretty much the only thing we could do, and, it was a step in the right direction, PR wise.

This girl simply had to be placated, and it seems like she's going to toe the line.

I'd imagine agreements have been signed, and I'd strongly suggest they guard against any further 'outbursts' from this lass and this whole sad, sordid, distracting and damaging saga can be put to bed. So to speak.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Not all that happy about it to be honest.

I think its weak.

She needs help but here immediate welfare is not the responsibility of the St.Kilda football club.

More to the point, its not the responsiblity of the club's members.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:I'd imagine agreements have been signed, and I'd strongly suggest they guard against any further 'outbursts' from this lass and this whole sad, sordid, distracting and damaging saga can be put to bed. So to speak.
Trouble is, legal agreements are only good if you actually enforce them.

And if that's what this comes to then we are in the same position as before, ie a powerful football club suing a little girl.

Fortunately her media statement has been widely circulated, so if we do need to drag her back to court more people will probably start to see her in a different light.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Not all that happy about it to be honest.

I think its weak.

She needs help but here immediate welfare is not the responsibility of the St.Kilda football club.

More to the point, its not the responsiblity of the club's members.

the trouble is...imho...that if you take responsibility for someone....when it all goes horribly wrong..and it may......you end up in more sh!t....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Quixote wrote: This girl simply had to be placated, and it seems like she's going to toe the line.
Well...... for this week at least... :roll:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
bozza1980
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
1eyedNever wrote:I will not be renewing my membership after we caved in to this maggot woman

Yep better to let it go on and on and eventually completely lose the PR battle but at least they would have your $150.
I don't see how this is winning the PR battle, we have basically admitted that the club was in the wrong, when they clearly were not. It now looks like we're trying to buy the poor little victim's silence.
The club can't win regardless of their decision they make here.

A young girl in obvious need of some help has been provided some by our club. If people want to read whichever negative connotation they want from this, good on em.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
bozza1980
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The club can't win regardless of their decision they make here.

A young girl in obvious need of some help has been provided some by our club. If people want to read whichever negative connotation they want from this, good on em.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Whilst I won't be forfeiting my my membership, I was disappointed that one of the conditions of this deal wasn't that the girl had to make a full apology and acknowledged that she'd made some poor decisions.

The fact that she says that she doesn't believe she has done anything wrong make this whole deal seem like a sweep under the rug for me

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:The fact that she says that she doesn't believe she has done anything wrong make this whole deal seem like a sweep under the rug for me
Maybe it is.

Maybe the reality is that our guys did wrong.

Regardless, the press and the general public feel we did, and were leaning toward the side of the girl.

And as is the nature of the press, once they sniffed some sympathy building, they started to play the card that the masses wanted to hear.

Like it or not, the club and the players were seen to be the villians in this.

The club couldn't give two shiits about this girl and her welfare. This move would be 100% designed to change the perception of the club to the nice guy, and to ensure that regardless of what happens in the future - they remain that way.

Anything she does now, will make her look silly. And the press won't be able to spin it any other way this time.

The club can easily and convincingly simply play the victim card from now on, should anything else arise from her.

Some of you dudes need to grow up and realise that our players aren't all good guys, and the club isn't a big, nice, charitable club that has the best interests of society at heart all the time.
They're as dodgy and ruthless as anything else that is the AFL beast.

This is a political move, with the club's interests in mind only.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Is this free accomodation for the girl an example of Sarah Galbally's work..

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Is this free accomodation for the girl an example of Sarah Galbally's work..
I'm tipping it's slightly better work than what that brain surgeon Ross Levine dished up.

Decent guy Ross, but shouldn't be involved in a footy club.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Like it or not it was pretty much the only thing we could do, and, it was a step in the right direction, PR wise.

This girl simply had to be placated, and it seems like she's going to toe the line.

I'd imagine agreements have been signed, and I'd strongly suggest they guard against any further 'outbursts' from this lass and this whole sad, sordid, distracting and damaging saga can be put to bed. So to speak.
how do we know that she will toe the line?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Quixote wrote:Like it or not it was pretty much the only thing we could do, and, it was a step in the right direction, PR wise.

how do we know that she will toe the line?
It doesn't matter.

This isn't about anything other than public perception.

It she doesn't 'toe (sic) the line' then due to the fact that club has shown sympathy, empathy, extended the olive branch, expressed concern about her livelihood, shown compassion, etc. etc. they can gasp in mock shock at the lack of gratitude and sadly express their concern for her emotional state and subtlely say 'I told you so' to the world.

And the 'world' will have no choice but to agree.

Footy clubs aren't about teaching groupies lessons. They are departments of the AFL designed to generate revenue from a moronic supporter base.
That's what they do.
That's their job.

This 'scandal' has no impact to the club whatsoever, unless it hurts the club or the AFL financially. The only way the AFL and the club want or need to deal with it is to do whatever it takes to ensure people still fork out their cash each week.

They don't give a stuff about this chick, good or bad. They just don't want bad press.

Take Reiwoldt's press conference for example. What was that??!! That was simply a guy doing his best to make sure he was till marketable. He even put himself ahead of his 'mates' and his club to do so.

There is no 'us' in club. It's a business. They want your cash, in return for you being entertained.
And they'll do whatever they need to do to esnure you keep forking it out. If that means bullshiiting to the public, and giving a young mentally unwell chick some cash to keep the Nanas, Derryn Hinchs, Sam Lanes and any dick that reads their rubbish happy - then that's what they'll do.

markp
Saintsational Legend

The Club will be paying what... 6 grand (if that) in rent to take us from looking decidedly ordinary to looking decent, thus turning the PR battle around in a single move, while potentially saving someone's life, and people are complaining??

If she does stuff up again now it will only reflect badly on her.

Best 6k they could ever hope to spend... I know of a company that spent just under that recently to have a single media release drafted.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote: If she does stuff up again now it will only reflect badly on her.

Best 6k they could ever hope to spend...
Exactly.

It's a bit like arguing on a footy forum. You can go toe to toe with some wad and you both end up looking like fools - regardless of how stupid they are.
But it's the one who shows dignity and walks away whilst the other one continues squawking that ends up looking like the sensible one.
The other one gets left to be seen for what they are.

Good analogy?

bergsone
SS Life Member

Yes we should put her up...on the GALLOWS.........weak as piss decision,what happens the next time some trollop comes along,free trip to disneyland

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Yes we should put her up...on the GALLOWS.........weak as piss decision,what happens the next time some trollop comes along,free trip to disneyland
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Exactly.

It's a bit like arguing on a footy forum. You can go toe to toe with some wad and you both end up looking like fools - regardless of how stupid they are.
But it's the one who shows dignity and walks away whilst the other one continues squawking that ends up looking like the sensible one.

Good analogy?
if what you're saying is rue about the publicity, remember the anti-saints message when the saints decided to go to court. the full page herald sun article saying how bad the saints were and that the girl needed help.

maybe you're right. i suppose we will have to wait and see.

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Exactly.

Good analogy?
6k is chump change, I'll bet they wanted to skip out of mediation... reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when the coffee chain was going to offer Kramer free coffee for life and $50k because he burnt himself, but he said "Deal!" before they mentioned the money.